Download 2018

Hart Attack

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

With the Nova announcement and a few others I’ve moved my prediction around a bit: 

Avenged Sevenfold / Stone Sour / Architects/ Rise Against / Body Count ft. Ice T / Thy Art Is Murder / Stray From The Path 

Megadeth / Behemoth / Meshuggah 

New Found Glory 

Guns ‘N Roses / Black Stone Cherry / Trivium / Alice In Chains / While She Sleeps / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Code Orange / Milk Teeth 

Jimmy Eat World / The Hives / Hollywood Undead 

Converge 

Ozzy Osbourne / Hollywood Vampires / Ghost / Black Rebel Motorcycle Club / L7 / Avatar / Municipal Waste / Turbowolf 

Parkway Drive / Neck Deep / Asking Alexandria 

PVRIS 

Bold I'd be excited about Italic I'd like to check out. The Sunday is really strong, and wouldn't Neck Deep work better as 3rd headliners considering it's supposed to be a Pop-punk/Hardcore/Post-Hardcore stage now?

3 minutes ago, KingPin said:

What's the Pierce the Veil accusation? Linky to them all please?

If you search about Don Broco or Brand New on Twitter, you'll see all the others keeping coming up too, can't find any exact link to anything on Google, seems like loads of these allegations from various girls are all via Twitter!

Suicide silence too. It seems the whole fucking scene is rotten. What an awful fucking time to be a young music fan. A lot of these kids are super vulnerable already, the amount of self harmers I saw at slam dunk last year was crazy, these bands were a lifeline for some of these kids and to have that trust abused like that just makes me really sad. The whole thing has just made me disillusioned with investing myself into bands anymore.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

If you search about Don Broco or Brand New on Twitter, you'll see all the others keeping coming up too, can't find any exact link to anything on Google, seems like loads of these allegations from various girls are all via Twitter!

Man I can't be arsed trawling through twitter as most of it is bullshit on a good day anyway and the Don Broco thing seems fishy as fuck to me and I don't believe it at all.

2 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

Suicide silence too. It seems the whole fucking scene is rotten. What an awful fucking time to be a young music fan. A lot of these kids are super vulnerable already, the amount of self harmers I saw at slam dunk last year was crazy, these bands were a lifeline for some of these kids and to have that trust abused like that just makes me really sad. The whole thing has just made me disillusioned with investing myself into bands anymore.

Oh come on at least let these people the chance to defend themselves instead of believing a bunch of crap on twitter.

Shall we keep all of this chat out of this thread? I’ve been engaging in it but this is supposed to be about Download Festival. Let’s keep it on topic. There’s enough toxic behaviour going on all over social media in regard to this without bringing it into here too. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Just now, KingPin said:

Man I can't be arsed trawling through twitter as most of it is bullshit on a good day anyway and the Don Broco thing seems fishy as fuck to me and I don't believe it at all.

Oh come on at least let these people the chance to defend themselves instead of believing a bunch of crap on twitter.

Yeah this is the problem, most of it's all threw Twitter, and people just start a witch hunt once a name is mentioned. Easier to wait and see if any of the bands accused put out official statements! 

Just now, KingPin said:

There's literally screen grabs of chats where Eddie is grooming her... 

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

Shall we keep all of this chat out of this thread? I’ve been engaging in it but this is supposed to be about Download Festival. Let’s keep it on topic. There’s enough toxic behaviour going on all over social media in regard to this without bringing it into here too. 

Totally agree, let's get back on topic :)

14 hours ago, lightning1000 said:

There's literally screen grabs of chats where Eddie is grooming her... 

literally
ˈlɪt(ə)rəli/
adverb

1. in a literal manner or sense; exactly.
    "the driver took it literally when asked to go straight over the roundabout"
    synonyms: verbatim, word for word, line for line, letter for letter, to the letter; More

• informal
      used for emphasis while not being literally true.
      "I have received literally thousands of letters"

Damn the Graspop lineup is strong. Even though I don't want to see Iron Maiden again it does bother me that Download doesn't get the strongest of the festival line ups anymore when you consider the ticket cost and prestige of playing Donington. I absolutely love the festival and always will but it is frustrating to see the line ups the competitors are putting out. I realise this is all being said when I don't know who Download have booked but I do expect to still be glancing enviously at the other line ups when all is said and done.

Anyone else feel the same?

10 minutes ago, jc0v said:

Damn the Graspop lineup is strong. Even though I don't want to see Iron Maiden again it does bother me that Download doesn't get the strongest of the festival line ups anymore when you consider the ticket cost and prestige of playing Donington. I absolutely love the festival and always will but it is frustrating to see the line ups the competitors are putting out. I realise this is all being said when I don't know who Download have booked but I do expect to still be glancing enviously at the other line ups when all is said and done.

Anyone else feel the same?

absolutely.

Ticket cost is purely because booking bands is cheaper in Europe. To get that kind of lineup at DL UK the tickets would have to be even more expensive, although Avenged are headlining UK because they're bigger there than in some of the other countries. Similar to how you see the likes of Biffy playing further down the card in Europe. The UK also has way more festivals competing for bands, you've got Download, Reading, Bloodstock, Ramblin Man, British Summer Time, as well as the appeal of playing Stadium shows or big arena tours. A lot of the European festivals don't have that, although you'll probably see Hellfest's lineup suffer a bit now DL France is there.  

People in Europe probably look at Download in years where Volbeat, Twisted Sister, Motley Crue, Faith No More etc are subbing or 3rd down on top of the other headliners and think "wow that's such a strong lineup, unfair that they get so many!">

37 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Ticket cost is purely because booking bands is cheaper in Europe. To get that kind of lineup at DL UK the tickets would have to be even more expensive, although Avenged are headlining UK because they're bigger there than in some of the other countries. Similar to how you see the likes of Biffy playing further down the card in Europe. The UK also has way more festivals competing for bands, you've got Download, Reading, Bloodstock, Ramblin Man, British Summer Time, as well as the appeal of playing Stadium shows or big arena tours. A lot of the European festivals don't have that, although you'll probably see Hellfest's lineup suffer a bit now DL France is there.  

People in Europe probably look at Download in years where Volbeat, Twisted Sister, Motley Crue, Faith No More etc are subbing or 3rd down on top of the other headliners and think "wow that's such a strong lineup, unfair that they get so many!">

Does Download really compete that much with BST and Reading even now?, 

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Does Download really compete that much with BST and Reading even now?, 

Theyre not competing for all of the same headliners or bands or the same punters, but BST and Reading being there does lead to DL not being able to book lineups as strong as the Euros fests. BST got both Green Day and Rancid on a UK exclusive last year. Reading will always be after bands like Foos, Muse, Biffy, QOTSA, Royal Blood, Green Day, Blink etc which DL would book. They've even had Metallica in recent years 

27 minutes ago, Wearetherams said:

He/she's got a point? When's the next announce? 

Whenever Andy stops pretending he's booked who he hasn't probably. You looked at a Reading line-up now and of course there are some acts that could do both like a lot of festivals but primarily they Reading wouldn't get in the way of Download....Reading doesn't take the top Download acts enough to keep them away from it and doesn't have the base for other top acts hence they don't really even 'share the act. It wasn't until last year when Download decided to become Downdunk that some other acts were there but there is so many in and around the 'lockup' that it's not a major issue. 

10 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Theyre not competing for all of the same headliners or bands or the same punters, but BST and Reading being there does lead to DL not being able to book lineups as strong as the Euros fests. BST got both Green Day and Rancid on a UK exclusive last year. Reading will always be after bands like Foos, Muse, Biffy, QOTSA, Royal Blood, Green Day, Blink etc which DL would book. They've even had Metallica in recent years 

I did reply to but then pressed back and deleted it all. In short....if said band wanted to play Download they have had chance to, so rather than others taking them from their pool....it may be then preferring to play elsewhere. Reading haven't Rancid which is right up their street....! FF clearly give no fucks for Download.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

I did reply to but then pressed back and deleted it all. In short....if said band wanted to play Download they have had chance to, so rather than others taking them from their pool....it may be then preferring to play elsewhere. Reading haven't Rancid which is right up their street....! FF clearly give no fucks for Download.

Well yes but if R&L didn't exist they'd be more likely to want to do Download as there would be less alternatives for them, which is the whole point.