Download 2018

Hart Attack

1 hour ago, lightning1000 said:

Pretty sure you were having a go at someone for sticking up for Twiggy ramirez the other day. Each to their own though I guess.

I wasn't having a go. The guy stated that Manson had just got rid of his best musician without saying why, I was just saying why he had been kicked out. 

I wasn't coming onto a forum telling people what they should and should not do. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I wasn't having a go. The guy stated that Manson had just got rid of his best musician without saying why, I was just saying why he had been kicked out. 

I wasn't coming onto a forum telling people what they should and should not do. 

Well yeah, he didn't have a twiggy Ramirez avatar did he? Like I say, each to their own, just you seem to be surprised that people have an issue with it. 

1 hour ago, lightning1000 said:

Well yeah, he didn't have a twiggy Ramirez avatar did he? Like I say, each to their own, just you seem to be surprised that people have an issue with it. 

Having my avatar as the album cover of one of the most artistically brilliant albums of the year isn’t an issue. I haven’t got a Jesse Lacey avatar. 

Art is art. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Having my avatar as the album cover of one of the most artistically brilliant albums of the year isn’t an issue. I haven’t got a Jesse Lacey avatar. 

Art is art. 

Yeah we aren't going to agree on this. Enjoy listening to the insight into the mind of a nonce. 

Edited by lightning1000
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

56 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Art is art. 

Exactly, but people can't separate artist from art anymore and it's ridiculous.

1 minute ago, devilman said:

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

This, It's ridiculous that people just instantly believe the stories people put on social media without even any condsideration into the story, the biggest one being the nonsensical shit posted about Don Broco's Damiani.

3 minutes ago, devilman said:

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

But he hasn't been charged so he's neither in the eyes of the law.

He was accused and in response he posted a lengthy admission that he's a recovering sex addict and asked for forgiveness for the ways he has abused his power to facilitate the addiction. He didn't just post it for no reason did he?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Steve1000 said:

Do you listen to the Stones, or do you not because of the pedophile on bass? Not having a go just wondering.

No I don't, but not for that reason as I had no idea. 

Put it this way, Pearl Jam are my favourite band, part of the reason why is because I like eddies lyrics and insights . If he then came out to unsavoury accusations like that with a response like Jesse did,I'd not want anything to do with pearl Jam again. I was also a brand new fan before the other day, I now don't want to hear what that guy has to say. His statement was an admission of guilt to anyone with half a brain. 

He didn't just come out with that statement out of the blue did he? It was in direct response to accusations of grooming a minor. 

16 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Do you listen to the Stones, or do you not because of the pedophile on bass? Not having a go just wondering.

He's not in the band anymore but also what's the point trying to explain it away with whataboutism? Why is something being ignored decades ago supposed to justify anything now? I'm not saying it to suggest that we should throw Lacey under the bus right now because I don't think we know enough about the situation yet but the point is that we're supposed to be moving past those times.

edit: actually of course we do - I should stop hanging on to that. Fuck him.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, KingPin said:

Exactly, but people can't separate artist from art anymore and it's ridiculous.

it personally doesn't matter at all to me how other people react or deal as they're free to do whatever they want, but i do fully understand how it can be hard for people to separate art from the artist, especially for someone like jesse whose lyrics and music are such an extension of his own character and personality (i feel like this is best shown on deja entendu but every person you ask will probably give a different answer). so basically i understand how it might be hard for people to separate art from artist as you say in this situation just down to the entirely personal nature of the lyrics and music, but everyone takes music in differently 

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

He's not in the band anymore but also what's the point trying to explain it away with whataboutism? Why is something being ignored decades ago supposed to justify anything now? I'm not saying it to suggest that we should throw Lacey under the bus right now because I don't think we know enough about the situation yet but the point is that we're supposed to be moving past those times.

I'm not trying to explain or prove or disprove anything. I'm genuinely curious.

18 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Emperor’s drummer did time for brutally stabbing someone to death. He is a murdering scumbag. Doesn’t mean that people can’t still enjoy those blast beats just as much. 

It does mean that for some people.

As lightning keeps saying, it's each to their own. For Emperor there was even the argument that he'd done the time but still for many I would assume they're off limits. Personally it seems fucked up that Bloodstock booked them with the dude in the band when they have a stage named after a murdered young woman but obviously that's the way they're prepared to do business and it wasn't a big enough in those fans' minds to drive anyone away from the festival.

Edited by dentalplan

6 hours ago, KingPin said:

I could see/hope for something like this:

Avenged Sevenfold
Limp Bizkit
Architects
Trivium

Alice In Chains

Guns And Roses
Stone Sour
Bullet For My Valentine

Rise Against
Jimmy Eat World

Ozzy Osbourne
Marilyn Manson
Volbeat
Ghost

Parkway Drive
Killswitch Engage

Struggling to think of anybody (who seems to be around at them minute) to sub AIC, or to play that slot that would work with AIC being 3rd on the GnR day and who to place 4th down on the Guns day, and I also have the feeling that Bullet are going to sub the Guns day, but then what do you do with the rest like Stone Sour?

Ghost? Or are they too big for that now?

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw them on the Sunday.

Edited by Hart Attack

7 hours ago, KingPin said:

I could see/hope for something like this:

Avenged Sevenfold
Limp Bizkit
Architects
Trivium

Alice In Chains

Guns And Roses
Stone Sour
Bullet For My Valentine

Rise Against
Jimmy Eat World

Ozzy Osbourne
Marilyn Manson
Volbeat
Ghost

Parkway Drive
Killswitch Engage

Struggling to think of anybody (who seems to be around at them minute) to sub AIC, or to play that slot that would work with AIC being 3rd on the GnR day and who to place 4th down on the Guns day, and I also have the feeling that Bullet are going to sub the Guns day, but then what do you do with the rest like Stone Sour?

Alice in Chains were 4th down last time they played so there might not be much call for them to move into a more prominent slot.

Rise Against would be underneath Jimmy Eat World I reckon - or they’d have the same slot.

52 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

Ghost? Or are they too big for that now?

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw them on the Sunday.

I originally had Ghost as headlining against A7X, but then I though with having two 'legacy' acts as the other headliners then it's probably a better idea having an older act against A7X, and AIC are the only act that's around that we know of that qualifies, plus I want Ghost to have some mainstage exposure. 

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Alice in Chains were 4th down last time they played so there might not be much call for them to move into a more prominent slot.

Rise Against would be underneath Jimmy Eat World I reckon - or they’d have the same slot.

I thought Rise Against's most recent tour was a touch bigger than Jimmy's but I'd be fine either way though TBH

With the Nova announcement and a few others I’ve moved my prediction around a bit: 

Avenged Sevenfold / Stone Sour / Architects/ Rise Against / Body Count ft. Ice T / Thy Art Is Murder / Stray From The Path 

Megadeth / Behemoth / Meshuggah 

New Found Glory 

Guns ‘N Roses / Black Stone Cherry / Trivium / Alice In Chains / While She Sleeps / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Code Orange / Milk Teeth 

Jimmy Eat World / The Hives / Hollywood Undead 

Converge 

Ozzy Osbourne / Hollywood Vampires / Ghost / Black Rebel Motorcycle Club / L7 / Avatar / Municipal Waste / Turbowolf 

Parkway Drive / Neck Deep / Asking Alexandria 

PVRIS 

• Like 1