Download 2018

Hart Attack

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Exactly....full of shite!

You didn't know it was going to be GNR though.....mind changed more than the attempts from Copping to get Van Halen....if that's possible!

I heard last week that it was GNR and even last night I said even though I have doubts I’m sticking with them. 

You really are quite bizarre. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

Dont suppose download release day tickets? Not sure would be enough on the line up for me to do a whole weekend, though be happy with Ozzy. 

At least I saw g'n'r this year I guess.

yep they sell day tickets, around 90 quid though I think

9 minutes ago, jc0v said:

Bloody hope so! This is my wish.

A7X
Parkway Drive
Architects
--
GnR
Stone Sour
Volbeat
--
Ozzy
Ghost
A Perfect Circle

Parkway aren't big enough to sub (yet) and I think headlining second against Ozzy would be a smarter idea as there's strong crossover between A7X and PWD fans to helps sell weekend tickets.

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Could Ghost sub over here :ph34r:

no

4 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

That and Slaves both seemed really out of place, but I guess they're trying to make the Foos day have a wider appeal?

Good shout. Tho they've had stuff like Dinosaur Jr. on at Download France so it's never been an identikit festival of the UK one. Although Slaves aren't really that unlikely having only played UK a couple of years ago - Wolf Alice are way more of a strange fit.

Edited by dentalplan

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:
  Reveal hidden contents

no

Good shout. Tho they've had stuff like Dinosaur Jr. on at Download France so it's never been an identikit festival of the UK one. Although Slaves aren't really that unlikely having only played UK a couple of years ago - Wolf Alice are way more of a strange fit.

Dinosaur Jr have played Download UK, albeit in 2005 hot off their reunion. 

Kaiser Chiefs at DL :huh:  

Fair on Ghost. I just thought if they’ve blown a lot on GNR they might try and have Ghost under Ozzy or something. I think second stage headliner would suit them more, anyway, as it would allow for complete Darkness. 

A7X / Stone Sour / Architects 

Ghost 

GNR / BSC / Trivium 

The Offspring (finishing before GNR) 

Ozzy / Hollywood Vampires / AIC 

Parkway Drive 

• Downvote 1

Don't see why they couldn't have one unsuitable act if its the difference between day and weekend tickets for Foos fans. Maybe I'm not giving them enough credit but I feel like that's where most your Foos money lies.

Wasn't an entirely serious suggestion but someone from that ballpark

Edited by Steve1000

22 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Dinosaur Jr have played Download UK, albeit in 2005 hot off their reunion. 

Ah I see. But that was "indie day". What happens on "indie day" stays on "indie day". :lol:

1 minute ago, Steve1000 said:

Don't see why they couldn't have one unsuitable act if its the difference between day and weekend tickets for Foos fans. Maybe I'm not giving them enough credit but I feel like that's where most your Foos money lies.

You could have mainstream rock fodder without swinging that far though - stuff like The Darkness or Ash or Slaves or something. Kaisers are practically too poppy for R+L nowadays.