Download 2018

Hart Attack

3 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

Can probably see him headlining second stage instead of subbing, the dude definitely still puts on a show though. Like when I saw Sabbath Ozzys voice wasn't all their but they still absolutely nailed it.

So glad i see Manson on his first European show back in 96 when he was at his best! 

13 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

That is a weird choice. 

DL Paris also had Korn headline in 2016, so perhaps some of the late 90's early 00's bands like them are a touch bigger/more rare in France?

Plus I can't imagine Foo's or Ozzy having been cheap at all...And capacity for the festival is only 40k

Edited by KingPin

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

What a bizzare thing to say. 

Why? Have you read 'A Long Hard Road Out Of Hell'? The shit the band used to get up to in the early years and at peak? Then Jordie's ex comes out with this, right spot on in the middle of some dumb American trend lol Why wait 20 years? Why continue to post stuff and tag him in things? Just saying so many noboddies trying to re grab that 5 more mins of their washed up carear!

• Downvote 6

4 minutes ago, KingPin said:

DL Paris also had Korn headline in 2016, so perhaps some of the late 90's early 00's bands like them are a touch bigger/more rare in France?

Plus I can't imagine Foo's or Ozzy having been cheap at all...And capacity for the festival is only 40k

It's gotta be down to the small capacity. Why would a 40K festival need Foos, Guns and Ozzy in a year 

Also since it's a new festival they can have whoever they want headline as people don't have expectations based on previous geadlinersheadliners

3 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

It's gotta be down to the small capacity. Why would a 40K festival need Foos, Guns and Ozzy in a year 

Also since it's a new festival they can have whoever they want headline as people don't have expectations based on previous geadlinersheadliners

Oh this year's lineup would have suited me to a t! Blink and Green Day! With the added SOAD, Linkin, 5FDP! Gutted i didn't pull the trigger and go!

12 hours ago, TornShaun said:

Why? Have you read 'A Long Hard Road Out Of Hell'? The shit the band used to get up to in the early years and at peak? Then Jordie's ex comes out with this, right spot on in the middle of some dumb American trend lol Why wait 20 years? Why continue to post stuff and tag him in things? Just saying so many noboddies trying to re grab that 5 more mins of their washed up carear!

The time is probably due to fear of disbelief and ridicule from people with opinions like yours. How exactly do you know how long it takes to come to terms with such a deeply harrowing experience? Are you trying to legitimise or downplay a possible rape because of the context of debauchery outlined in that book?

Lol

• Upvote 2

Yeah, Beez has confirmed that the third headliner is being announced at 9AM and they will be discussing on TNM. 

I’d been told by two different reliable people that it was GNR but I’m starting to doubt that. Surely the promo hype train would be in over drive if it was them. I’m now thinking that Ozzy is perhaps the ‘biggest’ headliner they’ve got and the last is someone smaller. 

BMTH? 

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Apparently a man from a Podcast has confirmed that it will be at 9AM tomorrow. Seems a bit weird really that they wouldn't just announce it themselves. 

Ha a man from a podcast, its Beez and yeah he would most certainly know when it is and who it is also, his mrs was high up at LN and his best mate is Metal Hammers editor.

EDIT - Ill add, i've met all of them and they're all really nice people btw ha ha

Edited by luckysalt

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah, Beez has confirmed that the third headliner is being announced at 9AM and they will be discussing on TNM. 

I’d been told by two different reliable people that it was GNR but I’m starting to doubt that. Surely the promo hype train would be in over drive if it was them. I’m now thinking that Ozzy is perhaps the ‘biggest’ headliner they’ve got and the last is someone smaller. 

BMTH? 

I feel like for the most part the GNR talk was going round cos of Zegut rumouring them for France. Now that's not happening and there are very few rumours for European dates and no other Euro festival announcements scheduled for 9am tomorrow, I don't really buy it anymore.

BMTH I also think we'd have heard more about - the band would've been back in the press reminding people they're still alive and also I'm sure news that they're doing Download would've got out since they're a British band and news seems to leak every time they do a festival slot.

But... those doubts are why we're still in the dark I guess. There's a big question mark next to every potential name. I'm selfishly just hoping it's not an announcement that rules a band I wanna see out from playing somewhere else because - given the calibre of a lot of touring acts around at the moment - I think this line up isn't gonna be the best.

13 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I feel like for the most part the GNR talk was going round cos of Zegut rumouring them for France. Now that's not happening and there are very few rumours for European dates and no other Euro festival announcements scheduled for 9am tomorrow, I don't really buy it anymore.

BMTH I also think we'd have heard more about - the band would've been back in the press reminding people they're still alive and also I'm sure news that they're doing Download would've got out since they're a British band and news seems to leak every time they do a festival slot.

But... those doubts are why we're still in the dark I guess. There's a big question mark next to every potential name. I'm selfishly just hoping it's not an announcement that rules a band I wanna see out from playing somewhere else because - given the calibre of a lot of touring acts around at the moment - I think this line up isn't gonna be the best.

That’s a good point about BMTH. They’ve been really quite for a while now, other than the mountain climb that Jordan and Oli did but that’s got nothing to do with them as a band really. 

There’s a tiny part of me that thinks they might have roped Blink-182 in seeing how they’re free and played France last year. 

Or 30STM :ninja: 

Who knows. 

Edited by Andre91

23 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yes, there is one announcement tomorrow at 10am italian time. Firenze Rocks. Went there this year, nice, small "festival" with Aerosmith, Eddie Vedder and SOAD headlining. They posted some clues who might be announce tomorrow and majority think it will be GNR 

Will be happy with GnR as never seen them. Ditto for Avenged.

the fear is that it's a last minute job,  if the Metallica rumours are true. Can't think of bands keeping that weekend free 'on the off chance'

If it's tomorrow, then great. Though I would have thought that the DL twitter etc would be promoting that fact.

What are the chances that, actually, they're still trying to secure the Saturday night headliner?

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

BMTH? 

So after you bangingon about how it's GNR it now may not be. They might as well continue in form do far and drown it!