Download 2018

Hart Attack

Just now, JSmurphy said:

Yeah, i'm expecting a disgruntled response across social media tomorrow unless Download announce a big hitter - Foo Fighters, Guns N' Roses, Metallica etc. 

If they have got a big hitter surely they'd be better off announcing them tomorrow, i'm pretty sure A7X are going to be announced tomorrow and that will go down like lead balloon.

5 minutes ago, Swansea93 said:

France had the better lineup last year also, they get the bands the UK DL can't get? Green Day, Blink, Foos? Andy must be a knob to work with. 

I doubt it's anything to do with Andy. Green Day and potentially Foos have better options (for them) for festivals in the UK, and I guess Download UK had better options than Blink and Skiba.

26 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Avenged were decent enough in 14 but I wouldn't be bothered seeing them again if there's something better on other stages

Heathen! That's impossible. Although if, like people keep predicting, Ghost are up against them I'd have a real predicament. Their set in 2011 was brilliant. 2014 was good. Hydro in Jan was mental but their new material isn't as good as the City of Evil, Avenged Sevenfold and Nightmare albums which are as good as anything out there IMNSHO. :) 

We need a real big hitter to be announced though, Ozzy isn't igniting anything for me. He "could" be amazing but the chances of that decline with every day that passes.

Hmmm Foos do have a rather long gap between the 5th and the 10th in their tour, I guess they could squeeze Download in if they headline the Friday (8th). Their tour seems to be mostly sold out of cheap seats at this point so maybe? We can dream? TBH maybe this was the delay, Foos wanting to sell their tour out a bit more?

Either way I kinda expect A7X tomorrow and then saving the big one to the end...

4 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Hmmm Foos do have a rather long gap between the 5th and the 10th in their tour, I guess they could squeeze Download in if they headline the Friday (8th). Their tour seems to be mostly sold out of cheap seats at this point so maybe? We can dream? TBH maybe this was the delay, Foos wanting to sell their tour out a bit more?

Either way I kinda expect A7X tomorrow and then saving the big one to the end...

if Foos did headline Download i guess there would be no chance in them doing reading and i can see them doing Reading far more

46 minutes ago, devilman said:

Heathen! That's impossible. Although if, like people keep predicting, Ghost are up against them I'd have a real predicament. Their set in 2011 was brilliant. 2014 was good. Hydro in Jan was mental but their new material isn't as good as the City of Evil, Avenged Sevenfold and Nightmare albums which are as good as anything out there IMNSHO. :) 

We need a real big hitter to be announced though, Ozzy isn't igniting anything for me. He "could" be amazing but the chances of that decline with every day that passes.

Aye ok , they’re nae bad....

Wouldn’t be unhappy if they didn’t get announced :ph34r:

Just now, Jack w said:

if Foos did headline Download i guess there would be no chance in them doing reading and i can see them doing Reading far more

Well if they are already around in June then I can see it being kinda likely. TBH Foos could easily do 2019 at R+L too and that means they can use Arctics this year at R+L too and not spalsh out as much on probably the 2 biggest bands in the world rn in one year (as Arctics will defo be busy with Glasto 2019 and then by 2020 it will be the 3rd year touring on the album)

7 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

The Foo's tour is sold out...

6 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

I really hope it is Foos instead of shitty GNR but I know it ain't happening. 

Avenged / Shikari / Offspring 

Foos / NIN / Architects

Weezer / Rise Against / Frank Carter 2nd against boring old bands for boring old c**ts

Instant weekend ticket

So annoyed you're just gonna ignore the fact they announced Ozzy on Monday? :P 

• Like 1