Download 2018

Hart Attack

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Excellent! I'm going for Avenged Sevenfold, Guns 'N Roses and Ozzy Osbourne. 

OR Avenged Sevenfold, Thirty Seconds To Mars and Ozzy Osbourne (if GNR have dropped out). 

If they bump Thirty Seconds to Mars up (who I'm guessing were/are there as a sub) then that'd be weak as hell. Here's hoping Metallica pulled their tour a while ago and so they've had time to find a suitable replacement, although I can't see it being anything but underwhelming.

Any reason people aren't as keen on the idea of GnR despite that Zegut guy mentioning them alongside Metallica or is it just that they have nothing announced/those two together + Ozzy would've been too big?

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Think he's working under the assumption that they'd be a last minute replacement for Metallica, although aye I can't see it happening. Them + A7X would be two very shit headliners.

Totally agree with that sentiment 

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

If they bump Thirty Seconds to Mars up (who I'm guessing were/are there as a sub) then that'd be weak as hell. Here's hoping Metallica pulled their tour a while ago and so they've had time to find a suitable replacement, although I can't see it being anything but underwhelming.

Any reason people aren't as keen on the idea of GnR despite that Zegut guy mentioning them alongside Metallica or is it just that they have nothing announced/those two together + Ozzy would've been too big?

Dunno if Zegut was talking about Download UK or France when he said that. Asked in here several times if we knew which one he was on about and never got a response so idk.

And I'm not sure if it's a different article to the one you're on about but he said GnR and Ozzy.

2 minutes ago, golf239r said:

Is this an assumption based on their fact that they didn't announce anything at gigs and the announcement was delayed around that time.... because I haven't seen any conformations that that was the case.

We were all pretty confident they'd be headlining Download and a bunch of other festivals in Europe. Then this guy called Zegut, who's reliable when it comes to European festivals, said Metallica have cancelled their 2018 European Summer tour. Not long after that, Download (and apparently some other festivals where Metallica could have been headlining) postponed their announcements. Also I read earlier on the official Download forum that Lars from Metallica had told some fans recently that they'll do European festivals in 2019.

To me it seems pretty likely that this is the reason for the delay.

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

We were all pretty confident they'd be headlining Download and a bunch of other festivals in Europe. Then this guy called Zegut, who's reliable when it comes to European festivals, said Metallica have cancelled their 2018 European Summer tour. Not long after that, Download (and apparently some other festivals where Metallica could have been headlining) postponed their announcements. Also I read earlier on the official Download forum that Lars from Metallica had told some fans recently that they'll do European festivals in 2019.

To me it seems pretty likely that this is the reason for the delay.

I agree. I wasn't calling you out for saying it I was just curious to the reasoning behind it. I watched Metallica in London and fully expected them to announce the gig.. they didn't and I was sad. But I'm pretty peeved that (If its true) they pulled out. It gives me low expectations for their replacement

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1