Download 2018

Hart Attack

29 minutes ago, RockCatNamedBob said:

hopefully it'll be for good reason then huh

It's most likely because Metallica cancelled their European Summer tour for 2018.

Edit: If they've announced that it's coming next week then I guess they've sorted out whatever delayed the announcement (so most likely they've sorted their Metallica replacement), meaning it should probably be ready for Monday.

Edit 2: And early bird tickets finish at 23:59 on Sunday.

Edited by Will-2609

25 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Going for a final guess of Avenged Sevenfold, Ozzy Osbourne and Guns 'N Roses. 

Pretty much this. I can buy that Zegut is right about the trio and A7X sworn in to replace Metallica.

I know I said I wouldn't do any more but it got delayed so here's my 300th prediction of the day:downloadfakeposter.thumb.png.e50a802a8635bc04d23cbd00ab60df57.png

18 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Pretty much this. I can buy that Zegut is right about the trio and A7X sworn in to replace Metallica.

I know I said I wouldn't do any more but it got delayed so here's my 300th prediction of the day:downloadfakeposter.thumb.png.e50a802a8635bc04d23cbd00ab60df57.png

Couldn't Ozzy be Metallicas replacement rather than Avenged? Because I can't see any other festivals wanting him

Lineups pretty good except Sunday which is shite as always. Only thing is Architects gotta be bigger than Parkway now, and I can't really see Ghost clashing with Avenged

44 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I would be over the moon with that lineup. Looks super realistic too. The only gripe I have is YMAS. They said they TOYC your would be 500 cap venues so I can see them playing quite a few dates so I'm not sure the demand would be there for them to headline that stage at DL, too, especially against someone like Ozzy. 

46 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Mmmmmm that Neck Deep > Rise Against > JEW run looks perfect. 

• Like 1

A lot of my prediction is quite similar to @dentalplan but it's more because I think we have a good idea of who is about rather than ripping him off :P Here's my final prediction about a festival I know nothing about. Some bands cover three positions, mind...

Avenged Sevenfold / Marilyn Manson / Architects / Black Veil Brides / Hatebreed / Stray From The Path / Milk Teeth 

Ghost / At The Drive In / Napalm Death 

New Found Glory 

Guns 'N Roses / Black Stone Cherry / Trivium / Down / While She Sleeps / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Code Orange / The One Hundred 

Jimmy Eat World / Neck Deep / Hollywood Undead

Converge 

Ozzy Osbourne / Hollywood Vampires /  Stone Sour / Alice In Chains / L7 / Avatar / Blackberry Smoke / Turbowolf 

Parkway Drive / Behemoth / Asking Alexandria 

PVRIS 

Edited by Andre91

Just now, Andre91 said:

BMTH. 

Maybe but they don't seem to have any shows lined up, although the offer to headline Download as a one-off may be too good for them to turn down (and they'd obvs have time to prepare for it from now). Obviously there's their bassist liking Copping's tweet so there could be something in it.

45 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Couldn't Ozzy be Metallicas replacement rather than Avenged? Because I can't see any other festivals wanting him

Lineups pretty good except Sunday which is shite as always. Only thing is Architects gotta be bigger than Parkway now, and I can't really see Ghost clashing with Avenged

Naw Download would definitely want Ozzy straight off the bat (pun intended).

I guess Parkway Drive and Architects could switch. Seem about as big as one another.

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

A lot of my prediction is quite similar to @dentalplan but it's more because I think we have a good idea of who is about rather than ripping him off :P Here's my final prediction about a festival I know nothing about. Some bands cover three positions, mind...

Avenged Sevenfold / Marilyn Manson / Architects / Black Veil Brides / Hatebreed / Stray From The Path / Milk Teeth 

Ghost / At The Drive In / Napalm Death 

New Found Glory 

Ozzy Osbourne / Hollywood Vampires / Trivium / Down / While She Sleeps / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Code Orange / The One Hundred 

Jimmy Eat World / Neck Deep / Hollywood Undead

Converge 

Guns 'N Roses / Black Stone Cherry / Stone Sour / Alice In Chains / L7 / Avatar / Blackberry Smoke / Turbowolf 

Parkway Drive / Behemoth / Asking Alexandria 

PVRIS

Can’t imagine them booking Down again in a hurry!

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I guess Parkway Drive and Architects could switch. Seem about as big as one another.

Can’t imagine them booking Down again in a hurry!

Changed it already :lol: realised they will probs want Guns on the Saturday to get the most day ticketers in they can. 

And with Down, I think that's died down enough for them to not be arsed about it when booking them again. 

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Surely though if they're able to get Metallica and Guns they see more benefit in growing Avenged. Also they'd want to save a big boy for 2019, and I'd expect they'd want something for the youngsters.

Leads me on to an unrelated point, does no one else think they'd benefit from moving download to late June / early July. Won't clash with exams then, and if they're still going after a younger audience would be a good way to one up Slam Dunk, and just to have more of them available in general. Just a thought 

11 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Surely though if they're able to get Metallica and Guns they see more benefit in growing Avenged. Also they'd want to save a big boy for 2019, and I'd expect they'd want something for the youngsters.

Leads me on to an unrelated point, does no one else think they'd benefit from moving download to late June / early July. Won't clash with exams then, and if they're still going after a younger audience would be a good way to one up Slam Dunk, and just to have more of them available in general. Just a thought 

I think that idea was put to Andy before and he shot it down right away, he said it will stay as it is and will never change it's dates. 

11 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Would be a treat if it was late July, then I wouldn't have to lie for a second year in a row at work to get the Friday and Monday off for 'a family wedding' :lol: (it's a good job I moved schools this summer). 

10 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Would be a treat if it was late July, then I wouldn't have to lie for a second year in a row at work to get the Friday and Monday off for 'a family wedding' :lol: (it's a good job I moved schools this summer). 

Your a teacher? Christ you must get things in Leeds like the students not realising who they're talking to and trying to sell you ket or something :lol: