Download 2018

Hart Attack

18 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Guns 'N Roses subbed by Black Stone Cherry. 

I don't think BSC will sub at this point. They seem to have dropped off a bit since headlining second even.

Third down on Sunday below Stone Sour would probably work quite well, if not a bit weak.

Edited by dentalplan

Avenged Sevenfold / Enter Shikari / Architects / Black Veil Brides / Hatebreed / Stray From The Path / Milk Teeth 

Placebo / At The Drive In / Napalm Death 

New Gound Glory 

Ozzy Osbourne / Stone Sour / Trivium / Down / While She Sleeps / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Code Orange / The One Hundred 

Jimmy Eat World / Neck Deep / Asking Alexandria 

Converge 

Guns 'N Roses / Black Stone Cherry / Ghost / Alice In Chains / L7 / Avatar / Blackberry Smoke / Turbowolf 

Parkway Drive / Behemoth / The Black Dahlia Murder 

PVRIS 

Edited by Andre91

3 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

isn't that the same for pretty much every band? Inflation is spiraling for live shows. 

Yeah but I mean they are getting on the level of a Kasabian and there is still a price gap between them and other arena artists.

4 hours ago, callum97 said:

that is one sh*t hot announcement, i so wish DL would get foos but i know it's not happening :(

A7X / Marilyn Manson / Architects

Foos / Enter Shikari / Parkway Drive

GNR / Stone Sour / Ghost

swap Foos with Ozzy and you've got a more realistic prediction haha

It's decent if you take out 30 STM and Gorillaz. FF for a 2nd time playing early on and not playing Download will tell you everything about whether are bothered to play there or come back to play Reading instead.....to play Glasto which is much less money instead....enough said. Grohl doesn't like dicke....to play Download again means he has to play for the booker!

3 hours ago, SOAD said:

Guessing we are getting 30stm again at Download. They headlined Rock Am last time they subbed Download so could sub again but guess they are on route to headline so maybe headline.

I wouldn't be shocked, I think they are too big to sub Download considering they could easily sub Reading and Leeds which is bigger. I think they sell tickets too quick not to top it.

51 minutes ago, Reece1617 said:

Download's social media have been going on about Halloween a lot, reckon they just threw a curveball and are actually just gonna pop the lineup out tomorrow 

Doubt it. The timing of the tweet and the news coming out about Metallica cancelling their tour are too coincidental to not be connected imo.

Wonder how long it'll be delayed for, tho.

I think you have to have Hollywood Vampires on Main Stage and you probably have to have them sub. I think it would be a decent booking under the right headline. Perfect under a Guns N Roses for example. Alice Cooper is a decent enough draw already and add in Joe Perry and Johnny Depp and that's certainly getting a hell of a bigger crowd than whoever else they have subbing anyway.