Download 2018

Hart Attack

38 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Metallica seems an absolute shoo-in for the timing with this one.

On that basis, I can't decide whether I want it to be Metallica so that they're done and dusted or somebody else to throw up a bit more of a surprise (within what we expect anyway. The chance of a genuine surprise seems slim).

Going off recent years they'll either announce all three at once or they'll announce the headliners in order over three days. You won't have to wait a long time for the next one if at all so I don't think it'll really matter about it being out of the way or anything.

I've currently got three different headliner trios I'm toying with :lol: 

1. Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica & Ozzy Osbourne

2. Nine Inch Nails, Avenged Sevenfold & Metallica

3. Avenged Sevenfold, Green Day & Metallica. 

(In order of likeliness) 

Edited by Andre91

7 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I've currently got three different headliner trios I'm toying with :lol: 

1. Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica & Ozzy Osbourne

2. Nine Inch Nails, Avenged Sevenfold & Metallica

3. Avenged Sevenfold, Green Day & Metallica. 

(In order of likeliness) 

I thought Trent hated playing metal festivals because he doesn't like NIN being seen as a metal band, or something along those lines.

Can't see them playing at all.

Most likely trio is surely A7X, Metallica and Ozzy as most have said, and after that I think there's a chance of Bon Jovi, BMTH (if they're active) and QOTSA (if the own show info is false or is just a show in Scotland or something). Can't really think who else there is. Pearl Jam but they also don't like heavy festivals do they?

34 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I thought Trent hated playing metal festivals because he doesn't like NIN being seen as a metal band, or something along those lines.

Can't see them playing at all.

I've also heard that but NIN subbed soni, surely he'd swallow his pride to headline a bigger festival?

He's got a lot of pride to swallow. I wouldn't count on it. :lol:

@Andre91 I don't think they'd go ahead with NIN and A7X as two of the headliners bc neither are even accomplished arena headliners here so it'd be a really slow sell. Also Green Day played absolutely every festival around Download except Download didn't they? I don't think it's worth their while to come back next year - if they're touring it'll be R+L.

I would say it's my final prediction before the 31st but that'd just be lying :P hopefully we got some info beforehand from somewhere. 

Avenged Sevenfold / Enter Shikari / Architects / Black Veil Brides / While She Sleeps / Code Orange / Milk Teeth 

Placebo / At The Drive In / The Black Dahlia Murder

New Gound Glory 

Metallica / Stone Sour / Ghost / Trivium / Hatebreed / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / The Bronx / Cane Hill

You Me At Six / Neck Deep / Asking Alexandria 

Converge 

Ozzy Osbourne / Black Stone Cherry / Megadeth / Alice In Chains / L7 / Avatar / Blackberry Smoke / Turbowolf 

Parkway Drive / Behemoth / Napalm Death

PVRIS 

Edited by Andre91

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I would say it's my final prediction before the 31st but that'd just be lying :P hopefully we got some info beforehand from somewhere. 

Avenged Sevenfold / Enter Shikari / Architects / Black Veil Brides / While She Sleeps / Code Orange / Milk Teeth 

Placebo / At The Drive In / The Black Dahlia Murder

New Gound Glory 

Metallica / Stone Sour / Ghost / Trivium / Hatebreed / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / The Bronx / Cane Hill

You Me At Six / Neck Deep / Asking Alexandria 

Converge 

Ozzy Osbourne / Black Stone Cherry / Megadeth / Alice In Chains / L7 / Avatar / Blackberry Smoke / Turbowolf 

Parkway Drive / Behemoth / Napalm Death

PVRIS 

Sundays are always w*nk and this ones no exception.

Can't fault that prediction, though

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Think Weezer have sold out all of the academy shows now btw. How's the Wembley show doing?

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Sold out afaik. I'm heading there on Saturday :wub:

Talking of Weezer does anyone want a spare for Birmingham on Friday night as I have a spare on twickets? 

I’m thinking if Weezer do anything UK related they may support Foo Fighters stadium shows as they have a run with them on their stadium shows in NZ and AUS

My guesses are

Friday  Foo Fighters. sub : alterbridge

Saturday : Bring me the horizon sub : Babymetal

Sunday Metallica sub : Enter Shikari