Download 2018

Hart Attack

1 hour ago, Steve1000 said:

That's true hahaha, not much more than Take That and Eagles of Death Metal until you die :P

Still, must be akward for you at gigs when they say something like "middle fingers in the air for the bastard tories fucking our people!"

Oh yeah it's just a massive eye roll moment, like when Rou went on a political rant and professed his undying love for Corbyn, and it was just like jesus fucking christ haha, or like when the lead singer of God Damn came out wearing a Jeremy Corbyn T-shirt this year at Download and get a Corbyn chant going as if it was this great victory and I couldn't help but laugh, the dude lost and did no better than Brown in 2010. But it doesn't really bother me as it's over as soon as it begins and it's back to music and having a good time.

Edited by KingPin

5 minutes ago, KingPin said:

Oh yeah it's just a massive eye roll moment, like when Rou went on a political rant and professed his undying love for Corbyn, and it was just like jesus fucking christ haha, or like when the lead singer of God Damn came out wearing a Jeremy Corbyn T-shirt this year at Download and get a Corbyn chant going as if it was this great victory and I couldn't help but laugh, the dude lost and did no better than Brown in 2010. But it doesn't really bother me as it's over as soon as it begins and it's back to music and having a good time.

Yeah the Architects started that annoying 'Oooooohhhhhhh Jeremy Corbyn' chant at Reading this year, i was like FFS! But once they'd done it was back to the music!

17 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Do Slipknot fans hate Stone Sour? There are alot of knotters on here, I'd have thought there'd be more love for Stone Sour. Personally Inhale is my favourite Corey song although I'm sure I'm in the minority

First album is ace - still gets regular plays from me (probably because a lot of it could've been on a Slipknot album). Second album had it's moments. Everything since has totally lost me and they seem to have slipped in to a really MOR rock band with their most recent stuff. Saw one of their videos on Kerrang! recently and it was hilariously shit. I get the impression a lot of people associate them with Slipknot going soft, but I'm just glad Corey has another outlet for his dad rock and dreary ballads, even if it does sometimes sneak it's way in to a Slipknot album (like the baffling addition of Snuff on AHIG).

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Here's one last prediction mock up kids.

downloadfakeposter.thumb.png.3fa6930c3407e422a7b17049858330a5.png

Looks pretty spot on, or at least would make a very good lineup, and I wouldn't be surprised to see this start doing the rounds as a leaked lineup. Few people on my Facebook fall for them every year so I await them posting and creaming over it before the real thing is released and is notably shitter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

First album is ace - still gets regular plays from me (probably because a lot of it could've been on a Slipknot album). Second album had it's moments. Everything since has totally lost me and they seem to have slipped in to a really MOR rock band with their most recent stuff. Saw one of their videos on Kerrang! recently and it was hilariously shit. I get the impression a lot of people associate them with Slipknot going soft, but I'm just glad Corey has another outlet for his dad rock and dreary ballads, even if it does sometimes sneak it's way in to a Slipknot album (like the baffling addition of Snuff on AHIG).

I thought you said man had an addiction to snuff (tobacco) then.

They are really shit however I had no idea they used to be legit. The case with most awful rock bands tho I suppose.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Looks pretty spot on, or at least would make a very good lineup, and I wouldn't be surprised to see this start doing the rounds as a leaked lineup. Few people on my Facebook fall for them every year so I await them posting and creaming over it before the real thing is released and is notably shitter.

Ah I hope not. I usually put Bearfur on to stop that from happening. Cheers tho.

I was thinking of adding Judas Priest as they were just announced as headlining Wacken but couldn't fit em in.

I think that Come What(ever) May is a great album with lots of massive songs on, but I agree that Stone Sour's later stuff is very boring and ploddy. I think they would definitely sub but (as has always been the case) they are only where they are because they are Corey Taylor's other band. 

Also it's stupid that they don't play Silly World live anymore. Banger. 

Weezer's upcoming tour:

23rd October – Leeds, Academy
24th October – Glasgow, O2 Academy
25th October – Manchester, O2 Apollo
27th October – Birmingham, O2 Academy
28th October – London, SSE Arena, Wembley

Stone Sour's upcoming tour:

NOVEMBER 2017 
Birmingham Barclaycard Arena – Wed 29th
Leeds First Direct Arena – Thu 30th

DECEMBER 2017 
Brighton Centre – Fri 1st
London O2 Brixton Academy – Mon 4th
Cardiff Motorpoint Arena – Tue 5th
Glasgow SSE Hydro – Fri 8th

More dates at bigger venues, Stone Sour are the bigger band. FWIW I think Stone Sour are naff, but you can't deny the size they're getting to now.

8 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

Enter shikari seem to always do download and Glastonbury in the same year (other than their first download appearence in 06) so i doubt theyll be at Download and will be back at Reading/Leeds.

I also think they'll be at R&L rather than here but no way is them playing download dependent on them playing Glasto

The arena tour doesn't seem to be doing too well for Stone Sour at the minute. The Hydro haven't even started selling tickets for the side parts of the second tier yet, which is pretty horrific stuff. It's all well and good saying they're doing arenas, but if they aren't selling the tickets for said arenas then it's harder to judge.

That said, Weezer aren't even selling out academies. If I had to say anything about it, I'd say neither should be subbing.

29 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

The arena tour doesn't seem to be doing too well for Stone Sour at the minute. The Hydro haven't even started selling tickets for the side parts of the second tier yet, which is pretty horrific stuff. It's all well and good saying they're doing arenas, but if they aren't selling the tickets for said arenas then it's harder to judge.

That said, Weezer aren't even selling out academies. If I had to say anything about it, I'd say neither should be subbing.

I'd agree if there were any better options for subs, which there aren't. Stone Sour would be much better than Manson or Bizkit being pointlessly pushed.