Download 2018

Hart Attack

4 hours ago, Hart Attack said:

WiK0ABa.png

This looks awesome, think if queens cant do it green day can easily replace them on Friday.

Best lineup so far I think by far

Maybe enter shikari in the place of weezer though, I think they would fit more as a sub headliner, they can move to third down I think, as for incubus, I really don't know.

Edited by seant007

I think Shikari 2nd stage headliner Sat or Sunday might be a given. Manson to... maybe.... headline but likely sub headline 2nd stage sunday. NIN somewhere on the sunday bill probably around where ministry sat this year. Ministry was weird in daylight this year. NIN might be the same. 

Royal Blood will pop up somewhere this year as the have said they want to play festivals in 2018 and they will have finished up in NZ by end of May

Saturday main headliner - Metallica are in the area. they will have finished up Hardwired tour. could do a 30yrs since Justice set (or satan forbid a 10 years since Death Magnetic set)

Friday - Download is never very risky - BMTH or Avenged 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, smiteo said:

I think Shikari 2nd stage headliner Sat or Sunday might be a given. Manson to... maybe.... headline but likely sub headline 2nd stage sunday. NIN somewhere on the sunday bill probably around where ministry sat this year. Ministry was weird in daylight this year. NIN might be the same. 

Royal Blood will pop up somewhere this year as the have said they want to play festivals in 2018 and they will have finished up in NZ by end of May

Saturday main headliner - Metallica are in the area. they will have finished up Hardwired tour. could do a 30yrs since Justice set (or satan forbid a 10 years since Death Magnetic set)

Friday - Download is never very risky - BMTH or Avenged 

You're severely underestimating some of those acts there. Nine Inch Nails headline arenas and are at least a main stage sub at this festival so aren't middle of a 2nd stage bill, Royal Blood could feasibly headline the festival and Marilyn Manson haven't got smaller since they headline the 2nd stage a couple of years back either.

Also I think Metallica will still be flogging Hardwired. I know it will be almost two years old but they were late in starting the tour and haven't even done any European festivals on it yet. There'll be many summers they're in Europe after the Hardwired tour where they'll be scratching around for reasons for people to come back again, and that's where you'll likely get an old-album-in-full show.

11 hours ago, Mondo-kun said:

Ozzy Osbourne will start his farewell tour in June 2018, no official info yet, but according to the leak from our local promoters first dates are Moscow and St. Pete on 1st and 3rd of June.
So I think he also could be a possible headliner for Download.  

didn't know this was his farewell tour, I think his chances are strong but it's all up to what Andy wants.

Queens of the Stone Age / Enter Shikari / Megadeth / Alice In Chains / Don Broco

Ghost / Trivium / Bury Tomorrow / While She Sleeps 

Taking Back Sunday / PVRIS / Zebrahead 

Rolo Tomassi / Oathbreaker 

/

Avenged Sevenfold / Stone Sour / Parkway Drive / Skindred / The Pretty Reckless

Within Temptation / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Black Star Riders / Dragonforce

The All American Rejects / New Found Glory / Against Me!

Sepultura / Pallbearer 

/

Ozzy Osbourne / Marilyn Manson / Architects / Halestorm / HIM

You Me At Six / Neck Deep / Rival Sons / Marmozets / 

Refused / The Bronx / Less Than Jake 

Deafheaven / Zeal & Ardor 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Less Than Jake, Pvris, Against Me and New Found Glory could all headline third couldn't they?

They probably all could, but apart from New Found Glory I don't think any one of them would be particularly good/big headliners for that stage.

New Found Glory definitely the biggest and you could easily have them headline 3rd, probably a stretch to have them sub it but I think if they don't have too many big Avalanche type bands on main or 2nd (they booked a hell of a lot of them this year, likes of Sum 41, Good Charlotte, Simple Plan etc) they could maybe strengthen the Avalanche a little to compensate.  I think Less Than Jake could headline it but considering they were willing to play 2nd down on a stage at Slam Dunk, I don't see why they'd kick off at being 2nd or 3rd down the Avalanche Stage if they got paid. 

Against Me! would be a pretty weak headliner for it imo, think last time they played they were only 3rd or 4th down? I can't remember the exacts but I'm sure The Used and whoever headlined 3rd that day were on after them in 2014. PVRIS are an odd one. I think when you look at the venues they're doing on this next run they're certainly big enough to headline it and realistically they'd probably shove a band like them on Main or 2nd, but I dunno, they've never played Download before and I'm not sure if they'd be a big enough deal at Download to warrant headlining it.  

Neck Deep would headline the third stage for sure. I think they could sub the second stage though under someone like YMAS. 

A7X, Metallica and Ozzy is super strong and would go down really well. 

A7X / Enter Shikari / Parkway Drive / Black Veil Brides 

Ghost / Behemoth 

Metallica / Stone Sour / Architects / Trivium 

Placebo / At The Drive In 

Ozzy / Marilyn Manson / Volbeat / Alice In Chains 

YMAS / Neck Deep 

With New Found Glory, Beartooth and Converge headlining the third stage. 

On in a different note, I can see Volbeat subbing. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Neck Deep would headline the third stage for sure. I think they could sub the second stage though under someone like YMAS. 

A7X, Metallica and Ozzy is super strong and would go down really well. 

A7X / Enter Shikari / Parkway Drive / Black Veil Brides 

Ghost / Behemoth 

Metallica / Stone Sour / Architects / Trivium 

Placebo / At The Drive In 

Ozzy / Marilyn Manson / Volbeat / Alice In Chains 

YMAS / Neck Deep 

With New Found Glory, Beartooth and Converge headlining the third stage. 

On in a different note, I can see Volbeat subbing. 

Brilliant idea all around, although I'm skeptical of Volbeat being on the lineup.

11 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Queens of the Stone Age / Enter Shikari / Megadeth / Alice In Chains / Don Broco

Ghost / Trivium / Bury Tomorrow / While She Sleeps 

Taking Back Sunday / PVRIS / Zebrahead 

Rolo Tomassi / Oathbreaker 

/

Avenged Sevenfold / Stone Sour / Parkway Drive / Skindred / The Pretty Reckless

Within Temptation / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Black Star Riders / Dragonforce

The All American Rejects / New Found Glory / Against Me!

Sepultura / Pallbearer 

/

Ozzy Osbourne / Marilyn Manson / Architects / Halestorm / HIM

You Me At Six / Neck Deep / Rival Sons / Marmozets / 

Refused / The Bronx / Less Than Jake 

Deafheaven / Zeal & Ardor 

This'll be a lineup not to miss for sure.

Really don't see the appeal of Ozzy coming back. Just doesn't do it for me, but then again it never has.

would rather see a new headliner than keep flogging that horse.

I'm banking on Metallica being there. Would like Avenged too as I missed their headline slot last time due to throwing up in my tent....

as for the 3rd headliner. Green Day would be awesome. Just please not Ozzy or Def doing a Hysteria run through! And let's have something decent headlining the 2nd stage if they do plump on Ozzy.

12 hours ago, Moey said:

Really don't see the appeal of Ozzy coming back. Just doesn't do it for me, but then again it never has.

would rather see a new headliner than keep flogging that horse.

I'm banking on Metallica being there. Would like Avenged too as I missed their headline slot last time due to throwing up in my tent....

as for the 3rd headliner. Green Day would be awesome. Just please not Ozzy or Def doing a Hysteria run through! And let's have something decent headlining the 2nd stage if they do plump on Ozzy.

Ozzy wont be that bad, he's got Zakk with him, that'll be a wicked final performance