1 hour ago, callum97 said:

Avenged Sevenfold / Enter Shikari / Architects / Trivium / While She Sleeps

Ghost

Foo Fighters / KoRn / Limp Bizkit / Black Veil Brides / Frank Carter

Parkway Drive

Metallica / Stone Sour / Volbeat / Alice in Chains / Papa Roach

You Me At Six

I'd be all over that

every band on Friday at one point in there career could be described as metalcore, so even though I like most of those it'd get pretty sickening

19 hours ago, callum97 said:

Ghost

Parkway Drive

You Me At Six

That'd get me to my first Download. 

21 hours ago, callum97 said:

Ghost

Parkway Drive

You Me At Six

That'd be incredible. I would love for DL to have Foos in the bag. 

• Like 1

Just now, Steve1000 said:

Is there any reason why apart from that one poster just then people are discounting Green Day? 

I guess because Download's never booked them before so no reason why they'd start doing it now? Although as far as them branching out in to pop/punk for a headliner then they're undoubtedly the act who'd go down best with the Download crowd. Also will they still be touring next year? Seems like this year would've been the time to book them if they wanted them.

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I guess because Download's never booked them before so no reason why they'd start doing it now? Although as far as them branching out in to pop/punk for a headliner then they're undoubtedly the act who'd go down best with the Download crowd. Also will they still be touring next year? Seems like this year would've been the time to book them if they wanted them.

Yeah the only thing that came to mind was they'd be finished touring now, but what better time to get them than now when Kerrang is actively booking more Kerrang! type bands than ever?

Edited by Steve1000
*Download ahaha for fuck sake

4 hours ago, callum97 said:

Anyone heard the new Shikari song? liking it a lot!

Also just listened to Mansons new song which is also not bad at all.

I love the new Shikari song. I'm imagining it to be mental live. 

On Manson, I was really pleasantly surprised by the song. I like it. I'm expecting him to sub for sure.

55 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Them not playing Download this year was a pretty big indicator 

I personally think that makes them more likely for next year. They played BST so it wouldn't have made sense for them to play Download as well. (not that I'm expecting them to turn up in 2018). 

1 hour ago, Reece1617 said:

I personally think that makes them more likely for next year. They played BST so it wouldn't have made sense for them to play Download as well. (not that I'm expecting them to turn up in 2018). 

Yeah I'm sure they tried to book them and were beaten out by BST, but ultimately they're unlikely to hit Europe at the same time again next summer. I would imagine they end their tour when the current dates wind up.

7 minutes ago, seant007 said:

If you think about it in 2008 the offspring headlined so it would make a lot of sense for green day, another punk headliner, to take over 10 years after.

It'll also be twenty years since Americana, so Green Day could play Americana in full to commemorate both occasions.

Weren't Foo Fighters originally lined up to headline over The Offspring in 2008 but it didn't work out and The Offspring were bumped up? Or something to that effect. The Offspring never seemed right as an all out headliner, anyway. 

And much like Foos, I'm sure Download will've gone for Green Day numerous times over the years but they've decided to go elsewhere. Unlike most Download headliners, those acts have multiple other options in the UK.

22 minutes ago, foolee said:

What are the big heavy festivals in the UK and Europe? Looking to go to one next year as I went to Nova Rock last year and really enjoyed the bands and the vibe and don't think I'll be able to do download because of the dates. 

Greenfield in Switzerland is great, but I think its on the same weekend.

17 hours ago, Reece1617 said:

Well yeah, but they also played pretty much every other European festival that would have them this summer. Why would they come all the way to Europe next summer just to headline a UK festival that they have repeatedly decided not to play for the last decade, including last summer when they were playing every European festival under the sun. They chose to play BST instead so I see no reason why they'd come back over on this album cycle.  

Edited by Pop Punk Sucks