Download 2018

Hart Attack

20 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Woah, I just watched some videos of Placebo at Latitude and they looked seriously great. They looked awesome in the dark. They'd be a perfect seocond stage headliner I reckon. 

I saw Placebo in Budapest and Glasgow at the end of last year and they weren't far short of outstanding. Way better than the last time I saw them over 5 years ago. If they headlined 2nd it would have to be someone amazing on main for me to miss them.

8 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

But the majority of Biffy fans won't have much interest in Download and have had plenty of more suitable options this tour, where as BMTH will have alot more crossover with her ADTR, AFI, PTV etc so would shift more tickets. Throw someone like Megadeth or Scorpions on 2nd and everyone wins

this sounds like this is what will happen at this point

Brand New have done a Brand New and sent the new album out to 500 people who pre-ordered the vinyl. It's online. Loads of speculation that the album will drop properly tomorrow. First listen and it's brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. 

I now think they will just disappear after these few tour dates. 

14 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Brand New have done a Brand New and sent the new album out to 500 people who pre-ordered the vinyl. It's online. Loads of speculation that the album will drop properly tomorrow. First listen and it's brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. 

I now think they will just disappear after these few tour dates. 

I'm talking about it in three different threads on this forum but I just can't stop talking about it. It's literally so good. Better than I ever could've hoped for. Love the direction they've gone in it. Retains everything I love about Brand New and then adds a whole lot more new amazing stuff. So happy.

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I'm talking about it in three different threads on this forum but I just can't stop talking about it. It's literally so good. Better than I ever could've hoped for. Love the direction they've gone in it. Retains everything I love about Brand New and then adds a whole lot more new amazing stuff. So happy.

It's so, so good. That Nagasaki track is brilliant. Love how it is littered with reference to their past albums, too. Oh, and that line, too 'Don't give up, my son. This is the last one.' 

Imagine if they continue the Brand New-ness and never split it up or release a track listing, or if this isn't even the album people have pre-ordered :lol: 

Edited by Andre91

I think within the next couple of years download not only should focus on new metal and rock bands, but also some blues bands as well

I think people like Gary Clark Jr., Robert Randolph, and John Mayer would fit really nice on the upcoming Sundays on the main stage and even on the smaller stages, I mean those three guys kill it live and they would lay a good backbone for the blues rock history of Aerosmith.

I mean it's not like they're not heavy, look at what Gary Clark does at every single gig he plays, the guy is destined to be part of something like download at some point in his career.

Also if they don't really need to get the new guys either, joe bonamassa, and buddy guy, and even the stones are still open to play at download, download needs these experiments to be played out. 

12 minutes ago, seant007 said:

I think within the next couple of years download not only should focus on new metal and rock bands, but also some blues bands as well

Download have been booking more and more acts targetting a younger audience each year, can't see them mixing the likes of All Time Low and Black Veil Brides with some of the names you listed.

21 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Brand new Brand New is brand new by the way.

4 hours ago, seant007 said:

I think people like Gary Clark Jr., Robert Randolph, and John Mayer would fit really nice on the upcoming Sundays on the main stage and even on the smaller stages, I mean those three guys kill it live and they would lay a good backbone for the blues rock history of Aerosmith.

I mean it's not like they're not heavy, look at what Gary Clark does at every single gig he plays, the guy is destined to be part of something like download at some point in his career.

Also if they don't really need to get the new guys either, joe bonamassa, and buddy guy, and even the stones are still open to play at download, download needs these experiments to be played out. 

Think more popular ones like seasick Steve would go down alright early afternoon. Would also like see Rival Sons or Vintage Trouble play a slot but don't quite no how it go down but I'd be fine with it. 

7 hours ago, Gozpot said:

Download have been booking more and more acts targetting a younger audience each year, can't see them mixing the likes of All Time Low and Black Veil Brides with some of the names you listed.

gary clark jr is a young guy who a lot of younger fans are gravitating towards 

I'm just speaking more of blues rock bands vs heavy metal bands

Edited by seant007

3 hours ago, stevieg1993 said:

Think more popular ones like seasick Steve would go down alright early afternoon. Would also like see Rival Sons or Vintage Trouble play a slot but don't quite no how it go down but I'd be fine with it. 

seasick steve is older though, gary clark and mayer are younger guys who have huge fan bases as well

I'm taking a "Closer" look at NIN lately and I really don't think they have enough going for them to headline due to their live presence,

I think ax7, 'tallica, and bmth have more going for them as far as being incredible live bands

if we're going into the next stage of download, these bands can close it harder

12 hours ago, Andre91 said:

NIN don't have enough to them because of their live presence? What.. 

There's a big difference of stage presence between the way these bands react to the crowd, part of being a great headliner is being great with the crowd, and Nin just don't have enough of that, it's easy to understand, bands like ax7, gnr, metallica, and even BMTH are more attached to connecting with the fans wile they're playing live, and Download is fitted for bands like that, Andy wants download to have bands that connect with the audience and treat them like family, in 2018 I just don't see NIN bringing enough of that, I mean they don't even like festivals that much in the first place.

3 hours ago, seant007 said:

There's a big difference of stage presence between the way these bands react to the crowd, part of being a great headliner is being great with the crowd, and Nin just don't have enough of that, it's easy to understand, bands like ax7, gnr, metallica, and even BMTH are more attached to connecting with the fans wile they're playing live, and Download is fitted for bands like that, Andy wants download to have bands that connect with the audience and treat them like family, in 2018 I just don't see NIN bringing enough of that, I mean they don't even like festivals that much in the first place.

This isn't a good post. 

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

This isn't a good post. 

how so?

Of what authority or jurisdiction are you to judge a person's comment on a group chat as unsatisfactory?

I don't Care how holy you think you are to this chat or to your life in general, just don't become self centered and judgmental about other's posts, you don't see anyone else doing that do you

Edited by seant007
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

if we're talking about all we know about download at this point, there's no reason to think you know more than anyone else or become overly judgmental, this is just a chat about what might happen, and none of us really have any idea at this point anyway.

5 hours ago, seant007 said:

does anyone think that maybe the Gorillaz might be a possibility? they would be a huge money maker and they are legends at this point

I think it would be a brilliant move to them to headline

No

Also if across the different stages the my headliners for the weekend were something like Brand New / Metallica / Converge with The Wonder Years somewhere amongst the line up then that would do me just fine. 

Edited by justanothername
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, justanothername said:

No

Also if across the different stages the my headliners for the weekend were something like Brand New / Metallica / Converge with The Wonder Years somewhere amongst the line up then that would do me just fine. 

I'd be at all of those with you :P