Download 2018

Hart Attack

7 minutes ago, foolee said:

Does anyone think it's likely they would get both NIN and QotSA? As those two somewhere on the lineup along with Marilyn Manson and Metallica would certainly make me loose my download virginity.

Think both are possible, QotSA especially, however QotSA could get booked for R&L but as they headlined the festival in '14 i think Download is more likely.

Absolutely gutting news. I tuned out years ago and have been super critical of them for quite some time, but LP were one of the first heavy bands I liked and got me into heavy music (like countless others my age or there abouts). 

When I was in primary school in 2001 I got a Hybrid Theory hoodie from the local market and wore it to death. Me and my friend used to learn all of their songs and trade off singing the Chester / rapping the Mike parts in the playground. 

RIP.

On 20/07/2017 at 11:58 PM, Steve1000 said:

Makes you think these incidents are connected 

Love Chris' vocal on that but unfortunately Chesters shows heavy signs why they don't produce songs like that now as his voice can't do it now, that is nothing against him though....the man screamed for 13+ years 3/4 times a week.

• 2 weeks later...

I think a "BMTH - Enter Shikari - Parkway Drive - Architects" top 4 would be the weakest and worst attended top 4 billing of any Download this decade. I think pretty much every one of those bands, especially Parkway and Architects would benefit being under a more mixed card or under a traditional Download headliner. I think when you stick all of those bands back to back it would lead to all of them being written off as crappy emo bands by large sections of the audience. 

1 hour ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

I think a "BMTH - Enter Shikari - Parkway Drive - Architects" top 4 would be the weakest and worst attended top 4 billing of any Download this decade. I think pretty much every one of those bands, especially Parkway and Architects would benefit being under a more mixed card or under a traditional Download headliner. I think when you stick all of those bands back to back it would lead to all of them being written off as crappy emo bands by large sections of the audience. 

What's the explanation for this years Saturday then? Also Saturday 2014. Apart from the odd Dying Fetus, 100% Kerrang, emotastic days

Edited by Steve1000

20 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

What's the explanation for this years Saturday then? Also Saturday 2014. Apart from the odd Dying Fetus, 100% Kerrang, emotastic days

Well yeah, this Saturday did terrible numbers by all accounts. That's why they wouldn't go with it and why it wouldn't help Parkway Drive or Architects to play under BMTH and Enter Shikari. They'd do far better playing 3rd or 4th down under a Metallica or even an Avenged. 

5 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Well yeah, this Saturday did terrible numbers by all accounts. That's why they wouldn't go with it and why it wouldn't help Parkway Drive or Architects to play under BMTH and Enter Shikari. They'd do far better playing 3rd or 4th down under a Metallica or even an Avenged. 

Yeah It does seem more likely to me at least that a band like NIN would sub headline for BMTH rather than Shikari, I think they will play 3rd or 4th instead just because of the fact that band like Nin would qualify much more for sub headlining vs enter shikari. I still think they fit best with BMTH, so you wont see them with ax7, or the masters of puppets.

Shikari would sub now. I really don't think they'd be any lower. I think they would fit perfectly under BMTH too as they share a lot of the same fanbase. 

NIN would be such a great booking, though. Has anyone else seen the pro-shot footage of their show in America a couple of weeks ago? It's looks so awesome. I think they could headline.

Andy has said they are open to having co-headliners, so imagine a NIN / The Smashing Pumpkins co-headline with NIN going on last so they have the darkness. Tickets would fly out. I think the Pumpkins will play Hyde Park though. 

Edited by Andre91

I'll just throw this lineup out there due to what Andre is pointing out:

Friday- BMTH/ Enter Shikari/ 21 Pilots

Saturday- NIN/ Pumpkins/ Weezer

Sunday- Metallica/ Stone Sour/ Volbeat

A little weak I think but who knows it might end up happening

I think the possibility of gnr playing instead of someone like NIN or even Metallica is still quite high though.

Edited by RockCatNamedBob