Download 2018

Hart Attack

I'd put money on Code Orange being on Main Stage next year. Their crowd was absolutely massive and the amount of people I was chatting to (when smashed) who name-checked them was mad. Plus, Jami gave an awesome interview saying something along the lines of "Why are we playing this tent? There's too much old shit on the big stages. We are here to change that." They want to be a big band. Their Rock AM Ring set looked awesome.

This band are making massive waves and I genuinely think they're here to change things. Incredible performers. 

Edited by Andre91

Looking at the QOTSA dates, I'm trying to figure if its a limited run when they could sell more or a smaller run which they expect to just about sell out...

No place really for them other than headline I'd say - and If they're booked, I think Paramore could be safely nixed. Even four years on from R+L, may look a tad week to have a co-headliner from arguably your only crossover headline booking rival as a pair of your own.

BMTH feel nailed on... but that arena tour also felt very much like a stretch last autumn. Can't speak for attendances across the other dates but it was a lower-tier job only in Manchester and even then, half-sold. Could have had something to do with the hometown date in fairly nearby Sheffield OR the fact that at £35 plus fees, it was a pretty steep gig for a band of their size. Either way, I feel they deserve the chance.

And finally Metallica. First show at Download for six years, not headlined a UK festival since 2015. Guaranteed to bring in punters.

So, thinking:

Fri: BMTH
Sat: Metallica
Sun: QOTSA

Or something.

10 hours ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

So, thinking:

Fri: BMTH
Sat: Metallica
Sun: QOTSA

Or something.

I think A7X are destined to be one of the headliners and BMTH and Queens are competing for the last slot. Now Queens have the advantage of actually having music out soon and the no midlands date as you mention I'm warily shifting towards it being them. Been holding out for a headliner I wanna see and know will put on a good show at Download so this would satisfy me a fair bit.

29 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Rancid's new album is the best thing they've released in a while. Get them headlining the second stage, please. 

It'll be another five or six years until they're doing festivals in June again, surely?

• Upvote 1

Bands i would like to see headline, please, Mr. Andy.. 

Metallica - save me trying to find a European tour date with tickets available?!

QOTSA 

Foos

Chillis

Pearl Jam

SOAD - yeah I know they just nailed the friday, but fcuk, what a set! 

Avenged 

Bon Jovi (YEAH THATS RIGHT! Livin on a goddamn prayer!!!) 

But, if i can only have one.. Please be Metallica, theyre touring anyways, they could just swing by for the Sunday? (and maybe Pearl Jam.. and foos, and chillis, and SOAD... :D )

10 hours ago, losing44 said:

BMTH
Enter Shikari
Limp Bizkit

Metallica
Misfits
Ghost

Tool 
Marilyn Manson
Lamb Of God

How would people feel about this? 

I'd be very happy with this, although Misfits don't really seem to have plans to do anything, Riot Fest might have been a one off, swap them out for Smashing Pumpkins and then i'd be there in a heartbeat.

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 3:03 AM, dentalplan said:

I think A7X are destined to be one of the headliners and BMTH and Queens are competing for the last slot. Now Queens have the advantage of actually having music out soon and the no midlands date as you mention I'm warily shifting towards it being them. Been holding out for a headliner I wanna see and know will put on a good show at Download so this would satisfy me a fair bit.

It'll be another five or six years until they're doing festivals in June again, surely?

I think your right on with AX7, I think the lineup will be ax7 Friday, queens Saturday, and bon jovi Sunday.

Personally I'd like to see the following as headliners:

Friday: Queens of the Stone Age, personally think this could be very likely due to them releasing a new album and embarking on a tour, putting them in the 'available' bracket for summer 2018.

Saturday: Foo Fighters, having just blown away the Glastonbury crowd, new album in September after a 2 year break, tour dates likely with American dates already announced. Likely they will do the UK, so an appearance at Download in 2018 seems possible, providing they aren't booked for R+L.

Sunday: Metallica, new album already out, world tour runs into May 2018, seems odds on they will be there next year.

I'd also like to see Royal Blood, HAIM, Stone Sour and Skindred make an appearance. 

Edited by ScampDoodle

15 hours ago, ScampDoodle said:

Personally I'd like to see the following as headliners:

Friday: Queens of the Stone Age, personally think this could be very likely due to them releasing a new album and embarking on a tour, putting them in the 'available' bracket for summer 2018.

Saturday: Foo Fighters, having just blown away the Glastonbury crowd, new album in September after a 2 year break, tour dates likely with American dates already announced. Likely they will do the UK, so an appearance at Download in 2018 seems possible, providing they aren't booked for R+L.

Sunday: Metallica, new album already out, world tour runs into May 2018, seems odds on they will be there next year.

I'd also like to see Royal Blood, HAIM, Stone Sour and Skindred make an appearance. 

I like your idea of the foos, they're new single seems heavy enough to maybe bring them to download but idk what Andy Copping thinks about them. I'm sure it would be amazing if they headline, I mean Dave could play with both the fighters and qotsa on the same weekend! Who wouldn't love that? Metallica I think missed their chance, I don't think they'll be very relevant next year, due to hardwired coming out in 2016, and other bands like bon jovi, gnr, and van Halen even have been mentioned by Copping as part of his ultimate wishes to replace bands like Sabbath and Aerosmith in future download years. the main reason why tallica played in 2012 was because of the black album being played in it's entirety. Now unless they do something special with hardwired, I kinda doubt that they will be placed. Wonderful idea with Foo though, I think everyone could love the piss out of Dave headlining download.    

5 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

I think the Foo's could do 2019, but are nailed on at R&L for next year

I think that's unlikely but still possible

Slipknot I think are definite for 2019, ten year anniversary of headlining for them

15 hours ago, ScampDoodle said:

HAIM at download?

22 minutes ago, seant007 said:

I like your idea of the foos, they're new single seems heavy enough to maybe bring them to download but idk what Andy Copping thinks about them. I'm sure it would be amazing if they headline, I mean Dave could play with both the fighters and qotsa on the same weekend! Who wouldn't love that? Metallica I think missed their chance, I don't think they'll be very relevant next year, due to hardwired coming out in 2016, and other bands like bon jovi, gnr, and van Halen even have been mentioned by Copping as part of his ultimate wishes to replace bands like Sabbath and Aerosmith in future download years. the main reason why tallica played in 2012 was because of the black album being played in it's entirety. Now unless they do something special with hardwired, I kinda doubt that they will be placed. Wonderful idea with Foo though, I think everyone could love the piss out of Dave headlining download.    

Metallica will always be relevant at download, they could easily do next year and most likely will

On 6/24/2017 at 2:12 PM, Hart Attack said:

Avenged Sevenfold
Stone Sour
Volbeat

Oh my, I'd have to curtail my drink and crisps consumption to make sure I remembered all of that last 3.

On 6/24/2017 at 4:32 PM, Steve1000 said:

Sonisphere to run and get their hands on Metallica / SOAD / Paramore

Download to get Guns n Roses / QOTSA / A7X

Gonna be an expensive summer then.

39 minutes ago, seant007 said:

Metallica I think missed their chance, I don't think they'll be very relevant next year, due to hardwired coming out in 2016,

Metallica could turn up and do a Bananarama covers set and it would still sell more than most bands. They will be relevant for a long time to come.