Hart Attack

On 24/04/2017 at 11:16 PM, Andre91 said:

Avenged Sevenfold / Thirty Seconds To Mars / Stone Sour 

Within Temptation 

Bring Me The Horizon / Limp Bizkit / Enter Shikari 

Ghost 

Metallica / Soundgarden / Black Stone Cherry 

You Me At Six 

Ghost vs BMTH is a really good shout. Could see that.

Forgot 30STM existed lol

1 hour ago, Gozpot said:

Avenged Sevenfold / Marilyn Manson / Lamb Of God

The Offspring

Metallica / Judas Priest / Stone Sour

Limp Bizkit

Queens of The Stone Age / Soundgarden / Parkway Drive

Ghost

Ah that Sunday would be proper good.

Not sure I see Marilyn Manson being given a sub slot at this point but it'd be pretty aight.

edit: I've just realised Marilyn Manson's album was supposed to have come out already. Wonder where it is. The last one was a good go for sure.

Edited by dentalplan

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

edit: I've just realised Marilyn Manson's album was supposed to have come out already. Wonder where it is. The last one was a good go for sure.

Aye seems to have been delayed until summer - been active on Instagram lately posting some weird videos 

Not sure whether to get too excited about this album considering he's hinted it's gonna be a long way away from his last one and instead similar to Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals, and every time he's promised similar in the past he's released poor attempts at imitating those albums. Fingers crossed though - the last album at least showed that he's got some good stuff left in him.

And aye, he ain't subbing anymore, unless the festival gets desperate (always a possibility).

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Aye seems to have been delayed until summer - been active on Instagram lately posting some weird videos 

Not sure whether to get too excited about this album considering he's hinted it's gonna be a long way away from his last one and instead similar to Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals, and every time he's promised similar in the past he's released poor attempts at imitating those albums. Fingers crossed though - the last album at least showed that he's got some good stuff left in him.

And aye, he ain't subbing anymore, unless the festival gets desperate (always a possibility).

Seems proper odd that he got a new style, nailed it by all accounts and now he's like "I'm gonna do an album like the glory days", which nobody in their right mind would believe possible to pull off. :lol:

And yeah KoRn getting a sub slot suggests that if they have a shortage, he's probably the type of act that would get a nod thru longevity.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Seems proper odd that he got a new style, nailed it by all accounts and now he's like "I'm gonna do an album like the glory days", which nobody in their right mind would believe possible to pull off. :lol:

And yeah KoRn getting a sub slot suggests that if they have a shortage, he's probably the type of act that would get a nod thru longevity.

I'm sure I'm not alone in hoping that he's got one great heavy album left in him, but yeah, the chances of it being in any way like the older albums in terms of quality are pretty slim ('cause he's already tried that at least twice already and they were varying degrees of mediocre to shite), and judging by live videos he really can't scream/do the heavy ones justice anymore either.

Korn have remained (or even recently grown to be) a pretty great live act though, whereas Mazza's live reputation takes a beating every time he tours, so on paper it may seem fine, but I just don't think he can deliver in that respect anymore. Probably wouldn't stop them booking him for that slot if this album does alright though.

26 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

I think he could well put in one of the worst sub headline performances ever seen at Download if he got the slot. Of course there's a chance he could turn up and smash it too, but would be a really risky move I think. 

I think the chances of him smashing it are slim to non really - just okay seems to be about the best you can hope to get from him these days it seems. Best you can hope for is that he actually decides to sing the lyrics properly and doesn't show up off his face on something.

KoRn have just got better and better over the years as a live band, to the point where there aren't many headliners that could show them up if they were subbing them. Manson on the other hand has been so poor and a mixed bag live for a long while. I personally can't see them giving him a sub spot, unless they are desperate like has been said. 

With Zakk Wylde rejoining Ozzy Osbourne's band, I think that would be a perfect Sunday night headliner for DL 2018. 

Avenged Sevenfold / 30 Seconds To Mars / Enter Shikari 

Ghost 

Metallica / Limp Bizkit / Black Stone Cherry

Within Temptation 

Ozzy Osbourne / Soundgarden / Volbeat

You Me At Six 

Edited by Andre91

I know he mostly does his own stuff but it seems too soon after the big final Sabbath festival shows and what not to have Ozzy bellowing Paranoid into the same god damn faces. Obviously wouldn't complain if him and QOTSA were two of the three but I think the punters deserve more than another Ozzy show and Download kinda owe it to themselves to branch out a bit.

Ozzy's singing has always been shit. Sabbath has never been about Ozzy, it's always been about Iommi, for me at least. Ozzy on his own will no doubt be awful, but I'd likely have to see it just because I haven't already. Mind you, if he plays no Sabbath songs at all then I'm out.

4 hours ago, Gozpot said:

After how poor his singing was for Sabbath last year, personally i'd rather Ozzy kept well clear of playing Download again

Have to agree that his vocals are way past what they were a couple of years ago which was by no means great, the show was still good in Birmingham when I went....free tickets won so wasn't majorly bothered.

The only reason I see Ozzy being likely is that they'll have to cash in on having him as a solo headliner sooner rather than later. I don't think a headliner trio of: Metallica, Avenged and Ozzy particularly screams "come on kids, come to Download :)" which seems to be what they're kinda trying to do now. 

Linkin Park, twenty one pilots, limp bizkit 

Ghost, Ammon armoth, Tremonti 

Bring Me The Horizon, 30 seconds to Mars, bullet for my valentine 

Marilyn Manson, Gojira, motionless in white 

Metallica, Evanescence, Volbeat

Parkway Drive, At The Drive In, From first to last

Probably the most unrealistic list here

7 minutes ago, stevieg1993 said:

Linkin Park, twenty one pilots, limp bizkit 

Ghost, Ammon armoth, Tremonti 

Bring Me The Horizon, 30 seconds to Mars, bullet for my valentine 

Marilyn Manson, Gojira, motionless in white 

Metallica, Evanescence, Volbeat

Parkway Drive, At The Drive In, From first to last

Probably the most unrealistic list here

Headliner wise the only one I'd doubt is BMTH, I think Blink or GD could be in that spot but not firm on it.

43 minutes ago, stevieg1993 said:

Probably swap Volbeat with Mastadon 

That's if Mastadon don't headline Bloodstock next yr

Mastodon are playing this year. 

I don't think Blink will still be touring California next year so can't see them showing up. All of the tracks from the deluxe edition have been naff so far, so I'd like to see them go quiet and Matt concentrate on Alkaline Trio for a bit. 

Not so much a hot take cos I imagine most are thinking it but Blink probably aren't headlining festivals here anymore, are they? Tour has been a pretty slow sell, they've dropped down bills everywhere else in the world (no Delonge no deal?) so yeah if they don't pack it in I reckon we could see 'em sub someplace.

10 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Not so much a hot take cos I imagine most are thinking it but Blink probably aren't headlining festivals here anymore, are they? Tour has been a pretty slow sell, they've dropped down bills everywhere else in the world (no Delonge no deal?) so yeah if they don't pack it in I reckon we could see 'em sub someplace.

I was thinking this the other day. Reading and Leeds is the only place I could see them still headlining, maybe. But they aren't as attractive an option as they were with Tom, however bad he was.  I think a tour of this size is very ambitious considering it's their first since Tom left again. A tour of 5/6 arena dates would have sold really fast, I think. I definitely think the money in future will be in Tom rejoining at some point. 

Edited by Andre91

6 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I was thinking this the other day. Reading and Leeds is the only place I could see them still headlining, maybe. But they aren't as attractive an option as they were with Tom, however bad he was.  I think a tour of this size is very ambitious considering it's their first since Tom left again. A tour of 5/6 arena dates would have sold really fast, I think. I definitely think the money in future will be in Tom rejoining at some point. 

The interest for me will be when mark is replaced by Dan from alkaline trio. 

Edited by lightning1000
  • Upvote 1

Friday

Main: Paramore / Twenty One Pilots / Enter Shikari / Parkway Drive / Marmozets / Against Me! / No Devotion / Moose Blood / Milk Teeth

Second: Volbeat / Gojira / Killing Joke

Third: New Found Glory

Fourth: Nails

Saturday

Main: Metallica / Within Temptation / Ghost / Architects / Deafheaven / Tesseract / Epica / Heck

Second: Panic! At The Disco / Gerard Way / The Wonder Years

Third: The Amity Affliction

Fourth: Stiff Little Fingers

Sunday

Main: Avenged Sevenfold / BabyMetal / Stone Sour / Trivium / Neck Deep / Pvris / Crossfaith / Periphery / Black Peaks

Second: Alice in Chains / Halestorm / Sleater-Kinney

Third: Tonight Alive

Fourth: Myrkur

Replace Avenged Sevenfold with Bring Me The Horizon if you so choose.