Download 2018

Hart Attack

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Paramore is the other one in expecting as well as Metallica and Avenged. New album seems to be done with them registering 12 new songs the other day. 

Thing with Paramore is I feel like they could headline BST whereas the others I mentioned couldn't. They'd be big with the pop crowds and the rock crowds, and family friendly all the while.

Feels stupid to predict BST this far in advance because it's just an outdoor gig but it's making its mark as a proper fest with sought after headliners. And the pool of major fests is dwindling hard.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Thing with Paramore is I feel like they could headline BST whereas the others I mentioned couldn't. They'd be big with the pop crowds and the rock crowds, and family friendly all the while.

Feels stupid to predict BST this far in advance because it's just an outdoor gig but it's making its mark as a proper fest with sought after headliners. And the pool of major fests is dwindling hard.

I agree, as if Queens of the Stone Age don't headline Download or Reading there isn't a UK festival for them, and A7X only have Download. I can't see people like A7X just touring an album for a year and doing 1 UK tour, they'd usually put festivals into it or stadiums but as A7X aren't big enough for that they're kind of stuck with Download and arenas. Then you have got Bring Me The Horizon and Royal Blood to contend with as well as potentially Green Day still touring Revolution Radio/Blink-182 touring California (although not so much because of Travis and his flying or lack of) and Foo Fighters coming back.

• 2 weeks later...

New thought in head, new prediction. Gimme hell.

BRING ME THE HORIZON, Limp Bizkit, Parkway Drive, Killswitch Engage, Skindred
// Megadeth, Rival Sons, The Pretty Reckless

METALLICA, Volbeat, Ghost, Gojira, Papa Roach
// Panic at the Disco, Twin Atlantic, Neck Deep

AVENGED SEVENFOLD, Soundgarden, Stone Sour, Trivium, Amon Amarth
// The Offspring, New Found Glory, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes

Edited by dentalplan

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

New thought in head, new prediction. Gimme hell.

BRING ME THE HORIZON, Limp Bizkit, Parkway Drive, Killswitch Engage, Skindred
// Megadeth, Rival Sons, The Pretty Reckless

METALLICA, Volbeat, Ghost, Gojira, Papa Roach
// Panic at the Disco, Twin Atlantic, Neck Deep

AVENGED SEVENFOLD, Soundgarden, Stone Sour, Trivium, Amon Amarth
// The Offspring, New Found Glory, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes

I'd be happy with this. Dont see Killswitch Engage doing main for the third time in six years. Even for Download that is overkill. I dont think Volbeat will sub either. Subs either need to be "legends" or arena bands. Volbeat are a support at arena tours at best. Ghost are a bit high. They'll get a good slot though. Doubt Trivium will have a new album out by then and not sure why they would come back without one. Amon Amarth will prob do second as well. Second looks good although maybe lacking in metal. Doubt Twin Atlantic will get the same slot again so soon also.

My prediction has similar ideas to yours:

Friday

Bring Me The Horizon
Thirty Seconds to Mars
Stone Sour
Architects
Skindred

Alice in Chains

Saturday

Avenged Sevenfold
Marilyn Manson
All Time Low
Gojira
Papa Roach

Limp Bizkit

Sunday

Metallica
Evanescence
Black Stone Cherry
Ghost
The Darkness

Rise Against

AVENGED SEVENFOLD, Disturbed, Parkway Drive, Saxon, Crossfaith
Ghost, Modestep, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes

METALLICA, Babymetal, Anthrax, Slaves, Papa Roach
Panic! At The Disco, Neck Deep, Young Guns

QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, Stone Sour, Architects, Gojira, Neck Deep
Tenacious D, Die Antwoord, Creeper

1 hour ago, SOAD said:

I'd be happy with this. Dont see Killswitch Engage doing main for the third time in six years. Even for Download that is overkill. I dont think Volbeat will sub either. Subs either need to be "legends" or arena bands. Volbeat are a support at arena tours at best. Ghost are a bit high. They'll get a good slot though. Doubt Trivium will have a new album out by then and not sure why they would come back without one. Amon Amarth will prob do second as well. Second looks good although maybe lacking in metal. Doubt Twin Atlantic will get the same slot again so soon also.

My prediction has similar ideas to yours:

Friday

Bring Me The Horizon
Thirty Seconds to Mars
Stone Sour
Architects
Skindred

Alice in Chains

Saturday

Avenged Sevenfold
Marilyn Manson
All Time Low
Gojira
Papa Roach

Limp Bizkit

Sunday

Metallica
Evanescence
Black Stone Cherry
Ghost
The Darkness

Rise Against

They do recycle acts in the same slot quite frequently tho don't they? I was gonna go with KSE on the second but they don't fit against anyone.

Volbeat is just a thought I had with them sometimes having a really bafflingly weak sub. Ghost and Gojira quite often appear together and with Metallica because I think they're managed by the same company or something so it's quite regular they (and Mastodon) play the same day at festivals. There's a similar Metallica and Volbeat connection too but not as common. That's what put that day together in my head really, but I'm not married to the idea.

I'm not so sure abut Evanescence subbing. If they're headlining around Europe they'd probably just continue not playing UK fests. Thirty Seconds to Mars is a good shout I hadn't thought about but they could be due a bump down to 2nd stage header.

9 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Looks aight but Disturbed subbing after being third down last year is strange as they've not had much of a resurgence have they? I guess Korn did it though.

Could imagine Babymetal subbing Metallica. Stone Sour subbing QOTSA is awful though - I would certainly hope Ten D were clashing with Stone Sour and the stage ended early.

2 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

I like a fair few of the choices. However, dont see Disturbed coming back so soon or moving up a slot. Saxon and Crossfaith are both definitely too high. Are Modestep coming back? Babymetal will probably do Reading again before Download. Anthrax are too high. Slaves will prob do second if they do Download. Young Guns are too high, they've lost tons of momentum. Stone Sour would be a great sub but seems too high. Architects are a bit high. Neck Deep twice? Either slot fits though. Unfortunately dont see Tenacious D coming back. Assume Die Antwoord will have finished their tour by next year and imagine wouls go wlsewhere if they do tour.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

They do recycle acts in the same slot quite frequently tho don't they? I was gonna go with KSE on the second but they don't fit against anyone.

Volbeat is just a thought I had with them sometimes having a really bafflingly weak sub. Ghost and Gojira quite often appear together and with Metallica because I think they're managed by the same company or something so it's quite regular they (and Mastodon) play the same day at festivals. There's a similar Metallica and Volbeat connection too but not as common. That's what put that day together in my head really, but I'm not married to the idea.

I'm not so sure abut Evanescence subbing. If they're headlining around Europe they'd probably just continue not playing UK fests. Thirty Seconds to Mars is a good shout I hadn't thought about but they could be due a bump down to 2nd stage header.

Indeed they do recycle slots alot but again that many times seems alot. Cant think of any bands that have done it THAT regularly. I could understand if they moved up the lineup but the same slot I doubt.

Evanescence have actually ended up sub headlining Graspop. Think if they can sub there they would sub Download. Especially since next year will probably be the album tour as doubt it will be out soon enough for fests this year. 30stm on second makes sense but may still be considered too strong for that. If they end up headlining Rock am Ring again I think they'll do main at Download.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Paramore / Enter Shikari / Parkway Drive / Architects 

Ghost 

Avenged Sevenfold / Limp Bizkit / Lamb of God / Trivium 

Alice In Chains 

Metallica / Babymetal / Black Stone Cherry / Gojira

Panic! at the Disco 

Unfortunately dont think ES will have the momentum to sub next year. Will probably go for a safer slot at Reading. Already gave my thoughts on Babymetal and Trivium. The rest looks good though.

Linkin Park have sold out standing already at Nia, MEN and The 02....I would guess the majority of not all the main seating.

Can't see past them as a headliner next year and them doing their own dates it own Download didn't have this year.

Metallica, Linkin Park and the 3rd up for grabs.

Reading will grab FF, BMTH and 2rd up for grabs.

3 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

An absolute shitload of seating for the O2 is available.

Yes but they are all at the back bit's in the gods or right at the side front where you are virtually behind the band. everything else has gone. Either way they have been on proper sale for nearly two days only.

• 2 weeks later...

Not too bad. Interesting placements with Twenty One Pilots and You Me At Six. I wonder if Twenty One Pilots would sell enough tickets for Download to warrant a sub headline slot. Think You Me At Six headlining 2nd would be right for them but could see a Bullet type situation where they think they're better than that slot. 

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Did one of these to spruce up my last prediction. Whaddaya reckon? 

(Pardon the basic font, I couldn't find the proper one. The illegible logo is Parkway Drive)

bi5mZw4.png

Love it. I'd be pleased with that, for sure. However, I think that R&L will get 21P. Parkway third down is perfect but I can't see them having another album ready in time as they're still touring IRE now. Architects with a new album could also play third at DL, I think. Also, Lamb of God aren't doing anything for a while, Randy said he and the rest of the band just want some time off for a bit. Ghost are going to blow up something ridiculous, so I could see them headlining second or even playing as high as third down by next summer. Other than that, I think it's a great shout. 

Headliner wise I'm going for BMTH, A7X and Metallica the same as you, with Ghost, Alice In Chains and Panic! at the Disco headlining second. 

Edited by Andre91

10 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Love it. I'd be pleased with that, for sure. However, I think that R&L will get 21P. Parkway third down is perfect but I can't see them having another album ready in time as they're still touring IRE now. Architects with a new album could also play third at DL, I think. Also, Lamb of God aren't doing anything for a while, Randy said he and the rest of the band just want some time off for a bit. Ghost are going to blow up something ridiculous, so I could see them headlining second or even playing as high as third down by next summer. Other than that, I think it's a great shout. 

Headliner wise I'm going for BMTH, A7X and Metallica the same as you, with Ghost, Alice In Chains and Panic! at the Disco headlining second. 

Yeah I'm totally not as clued up as who's touring or preparing what, I could only name the last album by half of those bands. And now I think about it, the Architects lads were on about going on a break soon too. But yeah I guess sometimes you get surprised by who is and isn't touring.

Forgot Ghost would probably be due another album; Meliora doesn't seem long ago at all. But idk, Mastodon are still in 4th position and as far as heavy metal goes I feel like they're one of the best known modern outfits.

39 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Not too bad. Interesting placements with Twenty One Pilots and You Me At Six. I wonder if Twenty One Pilots would sell enough tickets for Download to warrant a sub headline slot. Think You Me At Six headlining 2nd would be right for them but could see a Bullet type situation where they think they're better than that slot. 

Yeah YMAS said something about it being stadiums for them next and that they're waking up telling themselves they're gonna play MK Bowl and the Emirates. I'd assume at some point over the next few months it'd dawn on them that it's something that's never going to happen and they should grab on to major fest slots so to not fall off the face of the Earth like Bullet did. :lol:

Twenty One Pilots would probably sell tickets to anywhere - going off R+L last year it's not like their fans seem to care who else is on the bill. It strikes me as a passable sub booking that FR could do with much moreso at Download than at Reading, and I imagine it'd fit into their other touring plans a lot better too if they do all the big European events.

On 4/21/2017 at 8:42 PM, dentalplan said:

Did one of these to spruce up my last prediction. Whaddaya reckon? 

(Pardon the basic font, I couldn't find the proper one. The illegible logo is Parkway Drive)

bi5mZw4.png

Friday is woeful. I'd most likely be at the van apart from Papa roach, Architects and Parkway Drive. The rest is awesome.

16 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

Ghost will headline 2nd next time they play i reckon.

seems a realistic enough prediction though dental

That's my thought, too. Their stage show really lends itself to complete darkness. They'd be a great booking opposite a younger / lighter headliner, such as BMTH or Paramore.