Download 2018

Hart Attack

I like it but I dont see a fair bit of it happening. For example arent Brand New finshed the end of this year? Jimmy Eat World wont still be touring the album next year. Same with Thrice. Frank Carter will surely be higher when he is back. Doubt Trivium will have another album out in time and if they did doubt they will move up. Unfortunately dont see Pearl Jam ever headlining, it just feels like wishful thinking. Weezer would prob sub and think they would choose other fests over Download. Machine Head will prob stick with not doing big fests as they just dont get the slot they want. DTP did third headline before the Albert Hall gig. Figure if they get booked again will be a better slot. Etc.

Yeah I like the Sunday but I don't actually think Pearl Jam will ever play.

Would be a shock if Metallica didn't headline next time. I think two of Bring Me the Horizon, Queens of the Stone Age and Guns N' Roses will be join them. Although the point about a 'pop punk' headliner is extremely valid;  I don't find Blink or Green Day to be too likely considering they're at every other festival around there this year so there wouldn't be much cash in coming back in June but maybe Fall Out Boy?

50 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Paramore or FOB would very much fit it with what they are doing with The Avalanche stage and FOB have already subbed 3 years ago. I still think he'd book them and LP to play as well, whether they are as big as a ticket shifter at Download as they are at Reading I'm unsure.

Hmm I had assumed Copping had something against the idea of Paramore playing as he's not booked them in however long (if ever) but I see he has labelled them a future headliner here and there. Maybe both could do it? Albeit unlikely but Fall Out Boy don't seem to mind 'headlining' but not closing so with Paramore as the big spoon I think that'd work. Think Copping is open to the coheadliner idea too.

Anyway, buggered if I know. Avenged seem a very fair shout as well with them not around this summer. So the ones that seem likely to me have been narrowed down to... 8? :lol:

Im going for something like:

Avenged Sevenfold, Thirty Seconds to Mars, Marilyn Manson, Architects, Skindred, 36 Crazyfists, Hatebreed

Alice in Chains

Queens of the Stone Age, Limp Bizkit, Enter Shikari, Lamb of God, The Darkness, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Marmozets, In This Moment

Within Temptation

Metallica, A Perfect Circle, Black Stone Cherry, Stone Sour, Ghost, Karnivool, New Years Day, Blues Pills

Rise Against

16 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Babymetal subbing Avenged Sevenfold. That's my bold prediction B)

Paramore / Enter Shikari / ??? / Architects

Metallica / Black Stone Cherry / Alice In Chains / Stone Sour 

Avenged Sevenfold / Babymetal / Lamb of God / Papa Roach 

More likely to be bumped up than your other two subs. :P Think they'll sub R+L though.

Parkway Drive for your missing third down? I'm sure they'll be back. Maybe even one higher than that.

10 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Babymetal subbing R&L? Really? :P 

Yes Parkway is a great shout. 

Probably 3rd down actually. I remembered predicting them high up so I thought that was it. Don't even know my own predictions smh. But yeah I think they'll be returning to and pushed up the line up by R+L much quicker. Copping hates them, and Melvin probably thinks they're future headliners.

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Probably 3rd down actually. I remembered predicting them high up so I thought that was it. Don't even know my own predictions smh. But yeah I think they'll be returning to and pushed up the line up by R+L much quicker. Copping hates them, and Melvin probably thinks they're future headliners.

Babymetal subbing BMTH would be cool. Oil loves them.

Are that many people really buying a R+L or DL ticket to the point its worth having BabyMetal ever sub headline? I get that they draw a lot of people in to watch them, but I see them more as a band that once you've seen it, you've seen it. I think they're alright for what they are and don't really understand the hatred some have for them, but I think they'd be a waste of a sub slot at either festival if I'm honest. 

15 hours ago, Hart Attack said:

KP81en3.png

A few things i would question

Pearl Jam: I think surely if Download were bothered enough to get them they would have in the past
Black Stone Cherry: Don't see them subbing
Brand New: Are breaking up in 2018, no specific date given but i don't see them having their last UK date as a 1 hour set at Download.
Machine Head: Fairly vocal about how they don't like playing festivals
Lamb Of God: Probably a bit big to sub second, probably would be third from top on Main.
Hatebreed: Too big to headline the 4th Stage.

All in all it's a very strong line up and i'd be pretty happy with it.

Here's my prediction:

Friday:

Main: Paramore / Fall Out Boy / Twenty One Pilots

2nd: Volbeat

3rd: New Found Glory (finishing before Paramore)

Saturday:

Main: Metallica / Black Stone Cherry / Ghost

2nd: Panic! At the Disco

3rd: The Amity Affliction

Sunday:

Main: Bring Me The Horizon / 30 Seconds to Mars / BabyMetal

2nd: Smashing Pumpkins

3rd: Tonight Alive

I'm sure the placements are all out of whack.

Maybe replace Smashing Pumpkins with Alice in Chains. If the reunion even happens, I imagine Billy would want to be a headliner (which he wouldn't get). I know Fall Out Boy were officially coheadliners at Reading, but in practice they were just a sub.

And on the off chance that the Misfits reunion becomes permanent, they can sub Metallica instead of Black Stone Cherry.

3 hours ago, Plussix said:

Here's my prediction:

Friday:

Main: Paramore / Fall Out Boy / Twenty One Pilots

2nd: Volbeat

3rd: New Found Glory (finishing before Paramore)

Saturday:

Main: Metallica / Black Stone Cherry / Ghost

2nd: Panic! At the Disco

3rd: The Amity Affliction

Sunday:

Main: Bring Me The Horizon / 30 Seconds to Mars / BabyMetal

2nd: Smashing Pumpkins

3rd: Tonight Alive

I'm sure the placements are all out of whack.

Maybe replace Smashing Pumpkins with Alice in Chains. If the reunion even happens, I imagine Billy would want to be a headliner (which he wouldn't get). I know Fall Out Boy were officially coheadliners at Reading, but in practice they were just a sub.

And on the off chance that the Misfits reunion becomes permanent, they can sub Metallica instead of Black Stone Cherry.

I'd be there for Friday. 

On 03/02/2017 at 10:24 PM, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Are that many people really buying a R+L or DL ticket to the point its worth having BabyMetal ever sub headline? I get that they draw a lot of people in to watch them, but I see them more as a band that once you've seen it, you've seen it. I think they're alright for what they are and don't really understand the hatred some have for them, but I think they'd be a waste of a sub slot at either festival if I'm honest. 

Their agents are doing quite well at getting their act out there; supporting GNR and Chilis and doing early slots at Soni, R+L and Download now. I think it'll pay off for them and they could get some high festival slots out of it.