Festival on the wall

Muppetmark

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

that's probably a harsh angle to take on it.

They're not the first facebook user to delete a comment they feel is negative from a platform they're trying to use to present what they're doing in a positive way.

They may or may not be having difficulties, but I don't think what you experienced can be used as an indicator for that.

Personally I thought it was a fair enough question and a chance for them to just let us know everything is in order and that further announcements are imminent.

Festival No. 6 got hammered for last year's issues and they appear to have left many of their posts on.

We shall see but I do not get a good feeling about it.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, stuart hall said:

Personally I thought it was a fair enough question and a chance for them to just let us know everything is in order and that further announcements are imminent.

Festival No. 6 got hammered for last year's issues and they appear to have left many of their posts on.

We shall see but I do not get a good feeling about it.

yeah, some do, some don't. 

The point I was getting at, tho, is that - hopefully - these people are working hard to put something together and to present it how they feel it should be presented, and it's far from usual for people doing that to dislike anything which spoils how they think it should be.

I'm just pointing out that their dislike of what you posted - for what ever reason they disliked it - doesn't necessarily mean anything dodgy, which you'd suggested it did. It might do of course (I don't know any more than you), but it might just be that they're over-sensitive to anything they regard as negative.

People being put off it via comments such as yours here might cause it to fail when it might not do otherwise.

Feel free to slag them off to your heart's content if they do balls up, but also give them a chance to get it together, otherwise it has no chance at all - and we'd both prefer it succeeded, surely? :)

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yeah, some do, some don't. 

The point I was getting at, tho, is that - hopefully - these people are working hard to put something together and to present it how they feel it should be presented, and it's far from usual for people doing that to dislike anything which spoils how they think it should be.

I'm just pointing out that their dislike of what you posted - for what ever reason they disliked it - doesn't necessarily mean anything dodgy, which you'd suggested it did. It might do of course (I don't know any more than you), but it might just be that they're over-sensitive to anything they regard as negative.

People being put off it via comments such as yours here might cause it to fail when it might not do otherwise.

Feel free to slag them off to your heart's content if they do balls up, but also give them a chance to get it together, otherwise it has no chance at all - and we'd both prefer it succeeded, surely? :)

Agreed. It's just frustrating when you can see where it's falling down at present. Nine bands at this point in time is not going to help them shift tickets and the activities / events they've got planned at the moment don't really do it for me. We'd all like another option of a festival in the area and we want them to get it right.

6 minutes ago, stuart hall said:

Agreed. It's just frustrating when you can see where it's falling down at present. Nine bands at this point in time is not going to help them shift tickets and the activities / events they've got planned at the moment don't really do it for me. We'd all like another option of a festival in the area and we want them to get it right.

I know what you mean, but I think it's harder to pull off than most people think, especially when trying to start fairly big and even when they've got professional and experienced partners on board (which I understand they have).

I'm guessing they're most interested right now in getting the licence sorted - a big big task in itself - and something they'll need so agents have confidence in them to then have those agents let them book bands.

I know what you mean, but I think it's harder to pull off than most people think, especially when trying to start fairly big and even when they've got professional and experienced partners on board (which I understand they have).

I'm guessing they're most interested right now in getting the licence sorted - a big big task in itself - and something they'll need so agents have confidence in them to then have those agents let them book bands.

It's all very chicken and egg, isn't it?

2 minutes ago, stuart hall said:

It's all very chicken and egg, isn't it?

yep, just like that.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're discovering it's not as easy as they thought to do, but that still doesn't mean they can't do it. There's probably no one who starts a festival who doesn't discover it's not so easy after all.

yep, just like that.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're discovering it's not as easy as they thought to do, but that still doesn't mean they can't do it. There's probably no one who starts a festival who doesn't discover it's not so easy after all.

I guess you don't know what you don't know.

That's why it may have been more prudent to start on a smaller scale. 

1 minute ago, stuart hall said:

I guess you don't know what you don't know.

That's why it may have been more prudent to start on a smaller scale. 

I'd certainly agree that starting small and working upwards is probably the best way to go, but that doesn't mean it can't be done in the way they're trying to do it, particularly when buying in services from those who do have greater experience, as I've heard from a trusted 3rd party they're doing as well as having their own funds with which to do it with.

It's that 'funds' bit which has me giving them the benefit of the doubt, more than I'd otherwise be doing. 

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I'd certainly agree that starting small and working upwards is probably the best way to go, but that doesn't mean it can't be done in the way they're trying to do it, particularly when buying in services from those who do have greater experience, as I've heard from a trusted 3rd party they're doing as well as having their own funds with which to do it with.

It's that 'funds' bit which has me giving them the benefit of the doubt, more than I'd otherwise be doing. 

Minted apperantly! And determined and not scared to ruffle a few feathers ! 

I want it to happen and I will defo be there for The libertines but I can't see how 3 stages only will work for 40k people ! 

I think it will happen but they will make a stonking loss this year ! It's a case of will they have the appetite to do it again next year after learning some hard lessons. 

Edited by LOCHLAND5

The twitter account has now been deleted, they last commented on fb on Wednesday to say refunds will take 5 working days, not sure if that was 5 working days from the cancellation announcement or from the day they made that comment.

Someone has asked today about not getting a response to an email they sent regarding the refund, they haven't replied (as yet).

Just hope those of us that bought tickets do get our money back 'automatically' and within the time they've stated.

Just noticed i recieved an email this evening in regards to being able to swap my tickets for electric field tickets or if not follow some link in the email to for refund information. I can see this become a right fuck on to get any sort of money back.

Anyone else get an email or have any more information

10 hours ago, liambarton said:

Just recieved another email from eventbrite saying the 5 day time line is basically bollicks. Really not holiding out much hope here, but surely a refund must be honoured.

As i'very suggested from the start they're absolute shisesters. Apollo entertainments was set up specifically for the festival so presumably they'll dissolve that and then who knows where you stand. I would just try and get what you can while you can. To be fair electric fields looks fab. We'do probably go if it wasn't for our four year old daughter. Having said that it is hardly a like for like swap. Best of luck. 

Facebook page now appears to have been deleted, actual wording in the email doesn't say we will definitely get a refund either.....

We are reaching out from Eventbrite regarding the cancellation of Festival On The Wall and want to apologize for this disappointing experience. As a ticketing platform, we were not involved in the production of this event or the decision to cancel it; however, we are committed to providing a high level of customer service to those attendees who purchased tickets through our website. It’s come to our attention that the organizer of this event has communicated that refunds will be issued within a timeline that is unfortunately not possible. We’re working closely with the event organizer to provide a resolution regarding the cancellation as soon as possible and wanted to be transparent that refunds will not be issued within the 5 day timeframe originally communicated by the organizer.    We understand the importance of a timely resolution and will keep you up to date as we have additional details. We again apologize for this poor experience and thank you in advance for your patience. 

I also got the email regarding the swap to electric fields (which I can't do as I already have Lindisfarne tickets) and replies need to be sent within 30 days, so I'm doubting anything more will happen before that 30 days is up - if at all...not sure where you stand if you've been offered an alternative and don't take it up.

I've had a peak at the info held on companies house, Apollo Entertainments started with two directors in July 2015, and one of those resigned back in December 2016.  There's no indication of winding it up on there just yet (but no doubt it will come).

had a bit of a conversation with eventbrite this morning via twitter and they are trying to resolve the situation as quick as possible. however someone on twitter has spoke with festival on the wall and has been told Eventbrite have the money ready to start issuing refunds. so i imagine this will end up some long drawn battle.

good to see the Libertines and Maximo Park are doing Times Square as some way of making up for it. just means i will be further out of pocket till a refund is sorted, if ever

34 minutes ago, jamj said:

I've had a peak at the info held on companies house, Apollo Entertainments started with two directors in July 2015, and one of those resigned back in December 2016.  There's no indication of winding it up on there just yet (but no doubt it will come).

One of them resigned in December! That's very interesting! So presumably even he had his concerns. Will be sticking with Willowman and Deer Shed this year then.