Most / Least Popular headliner on this board

FuzzyDunlop

3 hours ago, russycarps said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that Dylan wrote all his own songs, so I dont really see the comparison.

Unless he had an army of songwriters too? Perhaps I missed that.

Dylan's last 2 albums have been covers of Sinatra songs and his next release is a triple album of the great American songbook *shudder*

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why do people think Kanye's performance was so poor?

Admittedly I was watching on TV - But from what I saw he reeled off a monster setlist to what sounded like brilliant crowd feedback. Sounded like a lot of the crowd knew every word to every song. All I was thinking watching it was "I'd kill to be there".

1 hour ago, ConorC said:

Admittedly I was watching on TV - But from what I saw he reeled off a monster setlist to what sounded like brilliant crowd feedback. Sounded like a lot of the crowd knew every word to every song. All I was thinking watching it was "I'd kill to be there".

See... I have been waiting for some kind of positive comment about Kanye, because I really enjoyed it.  I should probably qualify that: I had never looked out his material before and haven't since but I was quite near the front, surrounded by people that knew every lyric to every song.  The atmosphere was incredible.  The idea that it was underwhelming doesn't reflect my experience at all.

There is absolutely no argument against Ed playing as with Adele, they are the biggest artists around. Why bother getting smaller acts/ edgier to headline Pyramid when those can be on the many many other stages still playing to massive crowds and still getting on TV. Then everyone is happy. 

Worst act for me Kanye, best Stones. 

38 minutes ago, Kay95 said:

See... I have been waiting for some kind of positive comment about Kanye, because I really enjoyed it.  I should probably qualify that: I had never looked out his material before and haven't since but I was quite near the front, surrounded by people that knew every lyric to every song.  The atmosphere was incredible.  The idea that it was underwhelming doesn't reflect my experience at all.

I feel exactly the same as this, I'd never heard a note before and havent heard a note since, but the atmosphere was electric and it was a fantastic experience to be part of. The opening was well ace. 

I was off my tits like.

2 hours ago, ConorC said:

I had a great time at Kanye, opening and closing 30 mins were great, the middle bit was pretty dull though.

4 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I feel exactly the same as this, I'd never heard a note before and havent heard a note since, but the atmosphere was electric and it was a fantastic experience to be part of. The opening was well ace. 

I was off my tits like.

i feel that way about Pharrell.  didn't want to see him, was with the right crowd at the right place in the sun,  great set. people have said it was rubbish . to this day I can't hear one of his tracks without grinning.

i was also off me nut (there is a theme here)