Roskilde Festival 2017

jacjens

Confirmed for Orange Main Stage as of this date:

The Weeknd (28th), Foo Fighters (30th), Arcade Fire, A Tribe Called Quest and Den Sorte Skole.

Furthermore the likes of Blink 182, Justice, Lorde and The Lumineers have been confirmed for the festival.

I'm travelling over from the UK for my first Roskilde. Can't wait.

We aren't arriving until the middle of the week. I've read that most of the good spaces to camp will be long gone by then. Has anyone got any recommendations of good places to target on the outskirts of the site?

Also, does anyone know of any good camping supply stores in and around Copenhagen?

Every remotely decent spaces to camp will be long gone by then. I can only suggest you try the bottom of area J or P.

From there you should also prepare yourself for quite a journey to the festival area. It will easily take at least 20 minutes (30 minutes to Orange Main Stage) in a sober condition, which may not be the case. :D Make sure to bring lots of beer to kill the walking time.

Going to be a great festival, very diverse and balanced as always. Tons of upside, with so much to discover and over 100 unannounced acts.

The other day the festival answered someone's comment on it's Facebook page:

We're not quite done yet announcing, but currently the following non-western countries are represented: Palestine (now, that's a discussion-starter), South Africa and Colombia. More is on its way. If we're lucky we'll get acts from Sudan, Brazil, Western Sahara, Morocco, Senegal, Tunisia and Jamaica.

16403378_10153957037956706_3047513874681076590_o.jpg

16 hours ago, thetime said:

Worse thing is they changed the dates to a week before, last year they started doing this.

It has to do with they want the last Saturday of the festival to be the first Saturday in July.

2018 will take place from 30 June to 7 July, because 7 July is the first Saturday in July. :)

23 minutes ago, jacjens said:

It has to do with they want the last Saturday of the festival to be the first Saturday in July.

2018 will take place from 30 June to 7 July, because 7 July is the first Saturday in July. :)

That is actually fantastic news, didn't think I would be able to attend again due to the dates. The dates it is now falls on my daughter's birthday, same reason I don't do Glastonbury anymore.

Only been once a few years ago and it's an awesome festival, cheers for that info.

• 4 weeks later...

24 new acts just confirmed including Father John Misty, who will play Orange Main Stage. Nothing else major in this announcement, but personally happy to see A Day To Remember was there.

94 out of about 175 acts announced by now, so still a lot more to come. Full line up released in the beginning of April.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

I'm having a real festival crisis this year, I just can't decide where to go. I'm liking the line up and I've never been to this part of the world...so it's kind of tempting :)

On the first 4 "warm up" days, what happens? is it like the moving in period at Sziget where the site is still being constructed and there are a few bars and small party areas / attractions open?

Also it was mentioned that all the good camping spots will be well gone by the middle of the week - I don't mind camping quite far out (I actually like it) I just hate camping on hills! So do you reckon the campsites get nearly full in the first 2 or 3 days? so if you turned up Monday afternoon lets say, what do you think the camping situ would be like?

Thanks

3 of the warm up days have pretty much full days of rising stars, mostly Scandinavian acts playing. I can highly recommend going as early as you possibly can.

Unfortunately dates didn't work for me this year, start of the festival is on the daughters birthday. Kind of gutted as this year has a brilliant lineup for my tastes.

You should still get some decent spots, you will just have to look a bit more. 

So happy the festival is being pushed to the first weekend of July next year 

Edited by thetime

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all!

After failing to get Glastonbury tickets for the second year in a row I've decided to spread my festival wings and come to Roskilde! I'm super excited. I've done loads of Glastos so know what to take but was wandering if anyone could answer a few questions. Firstly, it says there's a place you can get your laundry done, wow! As we're flying from UK we want to pack really light. Anyone used the laundry service? They make it sound really easy but I don't want to pack 3 pairs of pants and two tops, only to find the queue to get them washed is a mile long and will take 3 days! I am going for full 8 nights.

Secondly, how easy is it to get into town and back for supplies? I'm used to being at Glasto, once you're in, you're in. We'll want to buy food to eat back at camp for the first few days to keep costs down as we're there for so long. 

Any advice much appreciated!

Cheers

On 24/4/2017 at 2:09 PM, Jessie123 said:

Hi all!

After failing to get Glastonbury tickets for the second year in a row I've decided to spread my festival wings and come to Roskilde! I'm super excited. I've done loads of Glastos so know what to take but was wandering if anyone could answer a few questions. Firstly, it says there's a place you can get your laundry done, wow! As we're flying from UK we want to pack really light. Anyone used the laundry service? They make it sound really easy but I don't want to pack 3 pairs of pants and two tops, only to find the queue to get them washed is a mile long and will take 3 days! I am going for full 8 nights.

Secondly, how easy is it to get into town and back for supplies? I'm used to being at Glasto, once you're in, you're in. We'll want to buy food to eat back at camp for the first few days to keep costs down as we're there for so long. 

Any advice much appreciated!

Cheers

As for laundry, I honestly don't know. I've been to the festival eight times, but never done that. I didn't even know that it was a possibility, actually.

As for your question about supplies, it's really easy. You can walk in and out of the camping area as much as you want, as long as you have your wristband. It takes 10-15 minutes to walk into town, depending on your current condition. There's a burger king right past the highway and stores a few hundred meters further.

In general, I'd say I'd recommend Roskilde Festival to anyone. It's quite unique. If you have any further questions, I suggest you to seek out the RF forum here: http://roskilde-festival.community/ which is in English and has a lot more people talking about different topics.

I hope you'll enjoy your first time going!