pete76

Parklife, Manchester

38 posts in this topic

what do people think about Frank Ocean?? is he playing?? when do you think the cut off is before we can think he is 100% playing??

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TiZuff said:

what do people think about Frank Ocean?? is he playing?? when do you think the cut off is before we can think he is 100% playing??

Sunday 9pm.

Was expecting to come home from Primavera and for him to have already cancelled so now pretty curious if he's actually gonna go through with this one. Guess he can't cancel them all so now's as good a time as any to start, even if Parklife is a hilarious festival to be his first.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Frank's actually performing tonight at Northside so should be good news for you Parklife people!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Peeps,

I've  got a ticket for today.  Unfortunately by the looks of things my friend who I was supposed to go with has let me down. I've got everything sorted and technically I am ready to go. I dont want to miss it so Im wondering if theres maybe anyone in the same situation who would like a festival buddy or a group I could tag along with?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone got the set times (specifically for tomorrow really) handy? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

anyone got the set times (specifically for tomorrow really) handy? 

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/parklife-set-times-stage-lineup-13166910

Main stage Sunday missing - apparently the lanyards going about have a message on them about a late scheduling change meaning they aren't available right now. Fingers crossed for you guys it ain't Frank. Most likely just ATCQ I imagine.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/parklife-set-times-stage-lineup-13166910

Main stage Sunday missing - apparently the lanyards going about have a message on them about a late scheduling change meaning they aren't available right now. Fingers crossed for you guys it ain't Frank. Most likely just ATCQ I imagine.

Tah. Yeah I'd be a bit miffed if I'd just dropped all that money on one of their crappy lanyards only to find some of the most important timings aren't it. Seems a bit odd if it is Tribe given that happened a few weeks ago now 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt from 1975 interestingly said 'hopefully Frank Ocean is here tomorrow' to the audience, reiterating the 'hopefully' don't bode well tbh. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nor does the fact there still aren't any stage times 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Frank turned up and played tonight. All be it he turned up 30+ minutes late, fucked up the intro to the first song about 5 times, was clearly off his face and had serious technical issues all night.

So disappointed. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, seanz25 said:

So Frank turned up and played tonight. All be it he turned up 30+ minutes late, fucked up the intro to the first song about 5 times, was clearly off his face and had serious technical issues all night.

So disappointed. 

Yeesh not good. Seems like he's had some very mixed reviews of the first two shows and a lot of fuck ups already - half expecting him to say 'fuck it' and abandon the rest of the tour the way things are going. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of the crowd, including myself, left 10 minutes into his set. Carl Cox was 100x better.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess the Frank show was marmite then.

Setlist errors aside, one of my favourite ever gigs.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.