Orbital?

HoTWire

I reckon theyre nailed on for the G lads. House band 'n all. :thumbsu:

Also, Mardy, fully agree with you on the mighty Sniv. Transformative stuff. Was released right on the cusp of something. At once a glorious throwback to their forefathers but with a prescient view on what was about to happen to technology and society.

I was 17 when I bought it in the summer of '94. When those three descending notes hit in the opening of "Forever" it felt like I was experiencing it with a completely new sense. Something beyond hearing.

Utterly incredible for those of you that havent listened in a while.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Well if they're a northern exclusive at Blue dot as Neil said, and then the Standon show in the south, I wouldn't be surprised to see that as their only festival shows 

I've just had a press release from Orbital's PR, which lists Standon, Bluedot, and Forbidden Fruit in Ireland - and nowt more.

On 01/02/2017 at 0:30 AM, Spindles said:

I had a very different evening, but that Saturday was definitely the best night of 2011 bar none.  The sun came out after some cruddy weather earlier in the week, great music all over the site, a fantastic sunset and everyone well up for it that night.  That year had looked like difficult going the night before, under pissing rain, but Saturday night saved it, made it well worth the journey.

As for Orbital, yes please.  I've missed them by choosing other acts too many times now and I still regularly stick their 2010 Other stage set on as background music, great setlist of absolute classics.

Chemical Brothers set on the other stage was mindblowing and then over to the naughty corner for Orbital.  Possibly one of the best Saturday nights I've ever had at Glasto.