Orbital?

HoTWire

14 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

They just can't let it lie can they?

Thankfully :D

I was listening to a recording of one of their last comeback gigs from 2009 the other day (which I was at, Manchester Academy 19/09/09). They opened with Out There Somewhere. Sublime stuff. 

In Sides is easily my favourite Orbital album, Yeti, with not a weak track on it. It is a bit of an IDM/techno masterpiece, in fact.

I'm not one for endless revivals/reunions/rehashes/nostalgia, but given that I haven't seen the Brothers Hartnoll since the Middle of Nowhere tour, this would make me very pleased. Saying that, would love them live at the Spider, but that's just a pipe dream...!

Ben

10 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

In Sides is easily my favourite Orbital album, Yeti, with not a weak track on it. It is a bit of an IDM/techno masterpiece, in fact.

I'm not one for endless revivals/reunions/rehashes/nostalgia, but given that I haven't seen the Brothers Hartnoll since the Middle of Nowhere tour, this would make me very pleased. Saying that, would love them live at the Spider, but that's just a pipe dream...!

Ben

You say that...

I had a very different evening, but that Saturday was definitely the best night of 2011 bar none.  The sun came out after some cruddy weather earlier in the week, great music all over the site, a fantastic sunset and everyone well up for it that night.  That year had looked like difficult going the night before, under pissing rain, but Saturday night saved it, made it well worth the journey.

As for Orbital, yes please.  I've missed them by choosing other acts too many times now and I still regularly stick their 2010 Other stage set on as background music, great setlist of absolute classics.

1 hour ago, Spindles said:

I had a very different evening, but that Saturday was definitely the best night of 2011 bar none.  The sun came out after some cruddy weather earlier in the week, great music all over the site, a fantastic sunset and everyone well up for it that night.  That year had looked like difficult going the night before, under pissing rain, but Saturday night saved it, made it well worth the journey.

As for Orbital, yes please.  I've missed them by choosing other acts too many times now and I still regularly stick their 2010 Other stage set on as background music, great setlist of absolute classics.

Still ranks as my favourite set in the ten that i've been to. Loved that night.

I fucking love them

they pissed me off when i watched their second to last ever show on the other stage, then reformed years later and played again. Still watch them again  though. just might throw looks of disgust at them through the occasional gurn.

12 hours ago, Spindles said:

2004 set was better