Do i really need to pay for storage?

Rolfy

5 minutes ago, Rolfy said:

Hello, I'm bringing my car to Kendal calling, do I really need to pay for storage? By the sounds of it every one just leaves their stuff in the tents

Ultimately, the answer to this question is in your own mind, about how you'd feel if you lost any of what you've brought with you. Unfortunately, thefts from tents do happen.

I personally always work to the idea of not taking anything that I'm not prepared to lose.

We leave our stuff in our tent but never bring anything expensive so unless a thief arrives desperately looking for slowly defrosting bacon or lidl's own G&T cans we're ok. you do hear of robberies each year pretty much always on the Friday night. security teams are pretty sound (unless you act like a prick) and will probably let you nip back every so often if you choose to leave a valuable in there.

Never had any issues when in the Emperors field but a back in 2010 in the main camping area we caught some chavy rat in a friends tent...  security were awesome and dealt with him accordingly ;)

But as everyone says, try and keep the valuables out of site in the car if possible or keep it very limited what you take. 

9 minutes ago, ramragon said:

We've always just left bits and bobs in the boot of the car, once the festivals underway an there's nobody trying to get in or out of the main enterance it only takes 15 minutes or so to get back to your car and back in to the festival. 

Spot on.

In the general car park and emperors, I've also had the added bonus of being able to move my car into a space closer to the gate during a trip back for more stuff.

Goes without saying that I was perfectly sober at the time..