Coach tickets- does every member need to be on board

dan mudd

I have booked the coach-Glastonbury joint ticket. However, I can't make the coach on the way there, but can get a train on the Thursday (annoying change in exam!),. Everyone else in the party can go on the coach. What is the possibility of them giving my festival ticket to the other people in the party (give photo ID)?

Thank You

It really depends on the driver, and how grumpy/jobsworth they are feeling. If they follow the rules, then no - if you are not on the coach, nobody else can have the ticket. They might hand it in to stewards when they arrive, to keep at the ticket office on site. Or they might not.. It's a hell of a gamble...

Edited by ancient_one

Just as the ancient one says (there's a line I never thought I'd type!).

They're supposed to only hand the tickets to the person on the ticket. That doesn't always happen though, and the only time I've taken a Seetickets coach I was handed the tickets for the group I was with. It's not possible to anticipate how strict the driver is going to be though.

Yes a common one raised on here over the years. The rules are if you aren't on the coach you don't get the ticket. But it does seem people have experience different interpretations over the years depending on how the driver distributes the tickets

Personally I'd agree with Brave Sir Robin I'd contact the ticket office and explain the situation and see if there was scope to change bus days or come up with a compromise. Do it now before the resales

Don't think I could cope with the stress of not knowing if I'd got the ticket or not for the next five months, or turning up on the Thursday to find no ticket waiting for me

@dan muddI've never got the coach but I'm sure I've read on here loads of times that it's only the lead booker that needs to be on there and that they get given all the tickets for their group.  

Did you book your own ticket?  If so, you're the lead booker.

Or were you the one of your party that got through and put your details in first? You're the lead booker.  

If another member of your party got in first and put their name at the top of the list, you are not the lead booker.

I've never heard that someone who got a coach ticket and didn't get on the coach failed to get in, but it might just be that they didn't post on here afterwards. There have been some that have had to pick up their tickets once they got to the site and that's been a bit of a kerfuffle, taken a bit of time and required ID and a knowledge of your home address (postcode, nearest supermarket, that kind of thing)   

Good luck with the exam and please try to focus on it knowing that you'll be travelling to the best place in the world straight after!

A couple of years ago my son and his mates were going by coach but his mate wanted to drive his car so they didn't have to catch coach home.. He.... The driver..... Asked the coach driver if it was OK to give his tix to my son while his mate followed the coach up.. Driver was OK with it... 

Another time my mate missed his coach got to Glastonbury by car before the coach and waited by the little office by gate A and when the coach turned up he got his ticket.. 

I reckon you should be OK as long as like others have said the lead booker is on the coach to make sure your ticket gets to the office.. 

I've got the coach twice and both times they shouted out names individually while on the coach, and people went up to collect it from the driver. So, it seems like there is an effort to make sure everyone's on there and collecting them only for themselves.

However, there's no harm in ringing the office and asking for a change.

I don't think being the lead booker has any effect beyond just the person who purchased them.

On 05/02/2017 at 0:42 PM, fat_man_joe said:

I've got the coach twice and both times they shouted out names individually while on the coach, and people went up to collect it from the driver. So, it seems like there is an effort to make sure everyone's on there and collecting them only for themselves.

However, there's no harm in ringing the office and asking for a change.

I don't think being the lead booker has any effect beyond just the person who purchased them.

Could you not send a person up twice.... That old trick....?? 

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

Could you not send a person up twice.... That old trick....?? 

You could certainly try - although I suppose the tickets do have photos on.

My advice is to buy a costume of all your friends. I just hope your mates have names that are evenly scattered throughout the alphabet (they're read out alphabetically).

When I got the coach in 2015 we were handed our tickets as we got on the coach, had to give your name to get the envelope. Having said that, 2 people didn't turn up having missed the info about the pickup point being changed - I spoke to the driver on their behalf (having exchanged some messages on here) and their tickets were left in the onsite ticket office which is by the coach drop off point.