2017 Any help or advice needed ?

ramragon

28 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Are you allowed inflatable alligators in the arena ?

If the yellow movement are anything like the hotpotters then I'll happily start a petition to set some live alligators loose in the arena never mind inflatable ones

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Mr_Grump said:

There's no need to be there at that time anyway...the proper music don't start until early afternoon!!! hahahaha

How very dare you....

It won't be that when your entering the famous mustard dance off. Do you know when the bar opens ?

Ill see you there :-)

3 hours ago, ramragon said:

If the yellow movement are anything like the hotpotters then I'll happily start a petition to set some live alligators loose in the arena never mind inflatable ones

How very dare you as well...

You'll be lost in a forest when the mustard take to the stage but I'll be sure to tell you who wins the dance off.

This will be my first year at kendal calling. Just a few quick questions: 

1) what time does the music start in the morning's?

2) What is there to do on the thursday once youve pitched your tent?

3) What is the signal like there, and does 4g work? Im on 02! 

4) Im going on the thursday. I have crisps, cereal bars, and pot noodles to take but also want to purchase meals or snacks, how much money would you suggest to take?? 

5) How hard is it to get alcohol in?

Hi

Great forum, been super helpful for info for first timers. Apologies if these have already been asked and I've missed replies, there's just sooo much to read on here!

1.We're staying in emperors, can you go back to your car at any time at all? Just thinking of storing some beers in it and wondering if we'd be limited to when can get them.

2.Can you take a backpack into arena (I'm guessing there'd be bag checks on entry) and can you take food in with you?

3.Also, having a debate with the husband about which bit of emperors is best for us. We've not got kids with us but wondering the benefits of early risers v late night owls? Any advice from anyone who's stayed in either would be brilliant thanks. 

:-) 

19 minutes ago, Soozee said:

Hi

Great forum, been super helpful for info for first timers. Apologies if these have already been asked and I've missed replies, there's just sooo much to read on here!

1.We're staying in emperors, can you go back to your car at any time at all? Just thinking of storing some beers in it and wondering if we'd be limited to when can get them.

2.Can you take a backpack into arena (I'm guessing there'd be bag checks on entry) and can you take food in with you?

3.Also, having a debate with the husband about which bit of emperors is best for us. We've not got kids with us but wondering the benefits of early risers v late night owls? Any advice from anyone who's stayed in either would be brilliant thanks. 

:-) 

Hello and welcome to the forum and thanks for the kind comments,

1.yeah you can go back whenever you want, probably only 200 metres or so.

2.yeah you can take a backpack in, they'll search it but unless your smuggling beer in you'll be fine, it's ok taking food in

3.emperors isn't a riot so anywhere should do you, family is more for people who want quiet to get their kids to sleep

24 minutes ago, Cabaret_Tent said:

Can I please ask if we are likely to get day splits for the comedians? Also, when will films be announced? I am coming with two young kids so a chilled hour or two with a Disney film is wise... The website is very confusing when it comes to the cinema.

You'll probably be better of grabbing a lanyard after you arrive for more accurate times, however they'll put the times on the tent doorway as well

50 minutes ago, Nicolexx said:

This will be my first year at kendal calling. Just a few quick questions: 

1) what time does the music start in the morning's?

2) What is there to do on the thursday once youve pitched your tent?

3) What is the signal like there, and does 4g work? Im on 02! 

4) Im going on the thursday. I have crisps, cereal bars, and pot noodles to take but also want to purchase meals or snacks, how much money would you suggest to take?? 

5) How hard is it to get alcohol in?

Hello and welcome to the forum

1.Depends which stage you're after, main stage and calling out around noon, dance ones a bit later in the day

2.music starts around 3 on thursday so most people get set up, open a beer and light their bbq and say hello to their neighbours

3.signals ok although it can get dodgy in the arena if a lot of people are using. I wouldn't expect 4g unless it's been upgraded though.

4.meals cost anything up to £10 depending on what you want, you'll pay around £3.50 for breakfast bun, chips around £3, loads of different types of main meals from around £6 to £10

5. As long as your not trying to get loads in you can try your luck. There's a beer smuggling thread somewhere ! A lot of people get stuff In. Back of wellies could be a good plan in this weather lol

31 minutes ago, Cabaret_Tent said:

Can I please ask if we are likely to get day splits for the comedians? Also, when will films be announced? I am coming with two young kids so a chilled hour or two with a Disney film is wise... The website is very confusing when it comes to the cinema.

The day splits are on main site for soapbox tent.

Go to day splits page, pick day then scroll right down.

21 hours ago, ramragon said:

Hello and welcome to the forum and thanks for the kind comments,

1.yeah you can go back whenever you want, probably only 200 metres or so.

2.yeah you can take a backpack in, they'll search it but unless your smuggling beer in you'll be fine, it's ok taking food in

3.emperors isn't a riot so anywhere should do you, family is more for people who want quiet to get their kids to sleep

Brilliant thank you. :-)

4 hours ago, RichDevoto said:

Only 4 days to go! Question- we've resurrected an old tent - it's good to go but it is a heavy so and so - I've seen those fabric barrows piled up in lock ups at Kendal but nobody ever seems to use them! Anyone hired these? How much? Any good? 

We used one in our 1st year. If they're still the same they are a pain the arse. Buy a trolley instead

3 hours ago, bottonrob said:

We used one in our 1st year. If they're still the same they are a pain the arse. Buy a trolley instead

Cheers Rob - are they really that bad? One of the only negatives for the last few years has been the trek to and from the car back breakingly laid down with the kit! 

38 minutes ago, RichDevoto said:

Cheers Rob - are they really that bad? One of the only negatives for the last few years has been the trek to and from the car back breakingly laid down with the kit! 

If they still the same ones I found them really awkward and kept tipping over. We have bought one of the 4 wheel garden trolley jobs. Makes it so much easier.

25 minutes ago, cincoveces05 said:

Completely off-topic I think, but someone may know.

What;s the name of the absolutely sensational service station as you get towards Kendal, reckon I could have spent a fortnight there.

Westmorland Tebay services .

if your coming from the south call into the butchers in Shap on your way best bacon and sausage I kid you not !