2017 Any help or advice needed ?

ramragon

3 minutes ago, jkb1 said:

Has anyone stayed offsite before?

I stayed off-site in 2013 (down the road in Askham) and never had any problems coming or going...i didn't even contact the organisers in advance asking for a weekend long pass-out.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Mr_Grump said:

I stayed off-site in 2013 (down the road in Askham) and never had any problems coming or going...i didn't even contact the organisers in advance asking for a weekend long pass-out.

Thanks for the reply.

my mate has been trying to contact them for a week, via email & social media, but no response yet.

I've been 3 times and stayed off site all 3 times. Each time I emailed kendal asking for a pass out. Collected them from the box office. Never had to  show them once. 2013's pass out looked like somebody had knocked it up on a home pc. 2014 was a proper ticket thingy with a hologram on. 2016 was the same as 2104, literally, they were still using up their supply of pass outs from 2104!

Hi all, first time at Kendal and cant wait. Heading down from Glasgow on Thursday morning. Apologies if already been asked.

How far is entrance from Campsite & likewise arena from camp?

Best campsite for a couple? Not looking for crazy area, maybe part that is sociable but not 4am tent raves ;) Just booked general admission.

Small gas stoves aloud?

Best night time stuff after main area closes? 

Thanks in advance!! 

1 hour ago, Sebo83 said:

Hi all, first time at Kendal and cant wait. Heading down from Glasgow on Thursday morning. Apologies if already been asked.

Best campsite for a couple? Not looking for crazy area, maybe part that is sociable but not 4am tent raves ;) Just booked general admission.

Small gas stoves aloud?

Thanks in advance!! 

You could camp virtually as soon as you get through the entrance gates - tents start to creep up the hill towards the entrance! Soon as you've passed the entrance and down the hill, turn left and you'll be fine - the further you go the quieter it will be. Don't whatever you do be tempted to turn right - there be monsters that way! 10-15 minutes walk max, even to the furthest camping.

3 hours ago, Sebo83 said:

Small gas stoves aloud?

Thanks in advance!! 

Same advice as above, to answer the rest, 

Small stoves are fine

Have a wander round after main stage, there's about 5 stages on till around 3, all varying music styles. The calling out tent usually turns in to indie disco style, packed and a good sing along. There's also riot jazz, House party, dance tent, chai wallahs and make a point one night of heading through the woodland areas where there's all sorts of small stages open  and stuff going on. Depends what your in to but everything's pretty close together so just have a wander

9 minutes ago, trebor1892 said:

Never did venture to the village from Deer lodge last year - what is there? Assuming that it is a smaller version of the things seen at Leeds /Download villages?

Is there somewhere there to buy milk?

Just a line of stalls and club class, you can buy bread, milk that sort of stuff. Also the phone charging place is there

3 hours ago, trebor1892 said:

Never did venture to the village from Deer lodge last year - what is there? Assuming that it is a smaller version of the things seen at Leeds /Download villages?

Is there somewhere there to buy milk?

First time in Deer Lodge this year, usually in emperors. What's the facilities like? Showers, toilets etc? I've had poor health this year & couldn't handle humphing & erecting my big tent.

Hi, first time at kc and looking for some advice. I've been to Leeds fest for the last 4 year and decided to try something new this year. We're staying in emperors field. 

1) we usually take a crappy tent to Leeds because there's a high chance of it getting ruined. We have a nice tent that we use for anything not involving festivals, would we be ok to bring this to kc or is there a good chance of it getting destroyed here too? (We hate using the rubbish tent so would prefer to bring the nicer one)

2) is it acceptable to put a windbreak up outside your tent? Again, at Leeds fest if you did this people would set it on fire. We just wanna make a tiny space to sit in, we don't plan on taking up much room with it. 

3) how far is the walk from emperors car park to the camp site? 

4) What's the food like? Is there a good variety? What the price of your average burger? 

Thanks very much to anyone that can help!

46 minutes ago, Curt265 said:

Hi, first time at kc and looking for some advice. I've been to Leeds fest for the last 4 year and decided to try something new this year. We're staying in emperors field. 

1) we usually take a crappy tent to Leeds because there's a high chance of it getting ruined. We have a nice tent that we use for anything not involving festivals, would we be ok to bring this to kc or is there a good chance of it getting destroyed here too? (We hate using the rubbish tent so would prefer to bring the nicer one)

2) is it acceptable to put a windbreak up outside your tent? Again, at Leeds fest if you did this people would set it on fire. We just wanna make a tiny space to sit in, we don't plan on taking up much room with it. 

4) What's the food like? Is there a good variety? What the price of your average burger? 

In answer to your questions....

1. A decent tent will be perfectly safe in Emperors...in all the years I've attended never seen a bit of trouble in there

2. Using a windbreak is acceptable...but a bit anti-social...don't take one, get to know your neighbours....you'll have a much better time

3. The car park is in the same field for Emperors...depending on where you camp v where you park maximum walk would be 5/10 mins tops

4. Good variety of food...I wasn't there last year but in previous years the prices were very reasonable

I've done Leeds before as well...Kendal is so much more chilled than Leeds.

You'll have a great time!

1 hour ago, Curt265 said:

Won't see any tent burning or anything like that, it always feels like quite a safe middle class festival to me for the most part, which is quite nice as you get older!  Wolf Woods is the most rowdy/boisterous but won't be anything compared to Leeds.

This year is our first Kendal, and getting pretty excited now. This forum has been great for finding out loads of stuff, so just a few bits I want to make sure I understand completey:

I've seen mentions of pass outs needed to leave site, and others saying they don't get checked. Would rather be covered anyway, just in case I end up being unlucky enough to come up against some jobsworth, but wanted to know if you're supposed to have a pass out just to go back to the car park? Would rather be able to just go in with essentials like the actual tent itself first, then go back for the stuff to go inside it afterwards (especially if it's wet - nothing worse than having to put your belongings down in the mud). Is that doable without a passout?

Also, think I saw a while ago that any alcohol you take in can only be on your first trip in, and you can't take more with you afterwards? Did I imagine that? Again, would rather leave the beer in the car, and go back for it after the tent's up. Maybe also leave some in a cool bag in the boot to collect from each day. Reckon I'd be able to do that?

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask what you like, sure you'll get some sort of an answer

You can go back to the car any time you like, you won't need a pass out for that at all and they scrapped the booze in 1st entry rule years ago. Just store it in the car and do a daily trip when there's no queues to get back in

Edited by ramragon

Wondering about arrival time.

Last year I arrived on the Thursday about 1pm and had no problem , no queues to get in. We were in Deer Lodge.

This year Im in the live in vehicles and was thinking of arriving about 12pm, but with more bands and an earlier start on Thursday this year, and I'm assuming more Thursday tickets have been sold as they are still on sale now, is it wise to get there earlier or will lunchtime arrival be fine.

I'm wondering if Thursday is going to be alot busier this year than last year.

I know we'll get in no matter what but want to get set up with van and awning and start relaxing (beer drinking!) as soon as possible :)

Edited by gingerchick

18 hours ago, gingerchick said:

Wondering about arrival time.

Last year I arrived on the Thursday about 1pm and had no problem , no queues to get in. We were in Deer Lodge.

This year Im in the live in vehicles and was thinking of arriving about 12pm, but with more bands and an earlier start on Thursday this year, and I'm assuming more Thursday tickets have been sold as they are still on sale now, is it wise to get there earlier or will lunchtime arrival be fine.

I'm wondering if Thursday is going to be alot busier this year than last year.

I know we'll get in no matter what but want to get set up with van and awning and start relaxing (beer drinking!) as soon as possible :)

less Thursday tickets have I think been sold this year hence why they've added the Mondays. Thursday tickets still on sale!

4 hours ago, bottonrob said:

less Thursday tickets have I think been sold this year hence why they've added the Mondays. Thursday tickets still on sale!

Thanks for that. I thought loads more people would have bought Thursday tickets when Mondays were announced. Good news for all us Thursday people though. My plan, get there around midday, get the camper and awning set up and get in there when the gates open. Seen on the pack its 2.45pm. I want to be in there, want to catch the Shimmer Band, They sound really good.

4 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Do we know what time the tunes start on Saturday ?

I see from previous lanyards it's been as early as 11.30.

Does the bar open at 11 ?

Ive never been near the arena at that time of day so any info much appreciated.

There's no need to be there at that time anyway...the proper music don't start until early afternoon!!! hahahaha