2017 Any help or advice needed ?

ramragon

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, amyg1990 said:

thanks, go they allow gazebos at Kendal? may go for a smaller tent and chuck one of those above!

officially no, I've seen loads up in the past and only heard of 1 or 2 occasions where security staff have demanded they be taken down. It probably depends where you intend on camping, ie the less of a busier area you go for the more likely you'll get away with it.

they were taking Gazebos off people on the way into emperors last year mind, in fact getting in to emperors through wristband last year was nowt but a pain in the arse compared with previous years! They've clamped right down

hmmm ok will have a think about that then,

also, I asked in this forum a while back about showers.

I didn't want to pay for club pass and wondered if Kendal have other shower facilities.....FYI Kendal's twitter are saying they dont.....£35 it is wooohoo

So apparently club pass is in the village green, is that sort of a general in between arena and campsite area?

Edited by amyg1990

3 minutes ago, amyg1990 said:

hmmm ok will have a think about that then,

also, I asked in this forum a while back about showers.

I didn't want to pay for club pass and wondered if Kendal have other shower facilities.....FYI Kendal's twitter are saying they dont.....£35 it is wooohoo

So apparently club pass is in the village green, is that sort of a general in between arena and campsite area?

The village green is a strip of food stalls in general camping, the club klass is usually part of that, can't miss it really, it's the one with the massive queue from 8am ! 

I'm sure you could just pay for a shower last year, instead of the whole shebang, they had club klass up near the calling out tent in the arena too, but never used it so not sure if it were just toilets.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Which campsite tends to have the fewest people? I like a drink around the tent etc but not being on top of everybody else. The only time i've been before was in the second field in emporers so there was loads of room but i missed out on emperors this year

1 hour ago, seano1988 said:

Which campsite tends to have the fewest people? I like a drink around the tent etc but not being on top of everybody else. The only time i've been before was in the second field in emporers so there was loads of room but i missed out on emperors this year

Think it's the shire if that's still on the go. Longest walk but more room than general.

Down the hill then over to your left....ish.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

Second time of going to Kendal Calling and very excited. Loved it last year.

Stayed in Emperors field in the teepee's last year but this year I'm lucky enough to have my own campervan and got a live-in vehicle pass.

So a couple of questions about the live-in vehicle field.

1. Is it on a slope of flat? Do I need to bring levelling block?

2. Gas bottles? We were only allowed gas cannisters in the camping area last year, but surely that can't be the same in the live-in vehicle field? My van has a gas bottle in that is hooked up to my two ring burner in the van. I also have a cadac that uses a gas bottle and was hoping to take that. Surely they aren't going to take out all the gas bottle from all the campervans/motorhomes/caravans? Are they? 

Thanks in advance and see you all in the fields soon! 

:) 

Edited by gingerchick

10 hours ago, gingerchick said:

Hi all.

Second time of going to Kendal Calling and very excited. Loved it last year.

Stayed in Emperors field in the teepee's last year but this year I'm lucky enough to have my own campervan and got a live-in vehicle pass.

So a couple of questions about the live-in vehicle field.

1. Is it on a slope of flat? Do I need to bring levelling block?

2. Gas bottles? We were only allowed gas cannisters in the camping area last year, but surely that can't be the same in the live-in vehicle field? My van has a gas bottle in that is hooked up to my two ring burner in the van. I also have a cadac that uses a gas bottle and was hoping to take that. Surely they aren't going to take out all the gas bottle from all the campervans/motorhomes/caravans? Are they? 

Thanks in advance and see you all in the fields soon! 

:) 

Stopped in the live in vehicle field 4 times, it's on a slope but has flat bits at top and bottom. I'd definitely take the levelling blocks, at worst just store em under the van if u don't need em. 

Gas bottles are fine in live in field, don't worry about it

Hi Everyone, long time festival goer (T in the Park 7 or so times) but first time heading to KC this year. Couple of Questions that would be great to get answers too?

1) From reading on here the campsite areas seems to be vary greatly, Not looking for the rowdiest area but definitely one where sitting up drinking til 2-3am around the tent is the norm.

2) Probably heading down on friday morning, train gets into Penrith at 8.20am. What will it be like finding a camping spot at that time? it will be only for 1 tent as just the 2 of us going.

3) Similar to the above what is the entry time likely to be getting in at that time? How long will it take from getting off the Train Station shuttle to getting to pitching tent?

If anyone who has been to T in the Park (Balado) could give me comparison to that aswell that would be great.

Thanks in Advance

42 minutes ago, sheebazz said:

Hi Everyone, long time festival goer (T in the Park 7 or so times) but first time heading to KC this year. Couple of Questions that would be great to get answers too?

1) From reading on here the campsite areas seems to be vary greatly, Not looking for the rowdiest area but definitely one where sitting up drinking til 2-3am around the tent is the norm.

I'd head for general camping which is first field you get to as you go through the doors, the nearer to the arena from that point will be livelier, further away from that point is quieter

2) Probably heading down on friday morning, train gets into Penrith at 8.20am. What will it be like finding a camping spot at that time? it will be only for 1 tent as just the 2 of us going.

If there's only 1 tent you'll find somewhere ok I would have thought,

3) Similar to the above what is the entry time likely to be getting in at that time? How long will it take from getting off the Train Station shuttle to getting to pitching tent?

Probably a bit of a queue at that time on Friday, hopefully not more than an hour though

If anyone who has been to T in the Park (Balado) could give me comparison to that aswell that would be great.

Thanks in Advance

8 hours ago, ramragon said:

Stopped in the live in vehicle field 4 times, it's on a slope but has flat bits at top and bottom. I'd definitely take the levelling blocks, at worst just store em under the van if u don't need em. 

Gas bottles are fine in live in field, don't worry about it

Ahh thanks for that. I'll be needing my bacon and eggs in the morning cooked on my cadac so Im sorted now! :)

6 hours ago, sheebazz said:

Not as flat as Balado.

More grass for sitting about but prone to mud if there's rain at kc.

Area in front of the main stage is smaller than balado but the arena size at kc might be a tad bigger when you include the woodland stage.

No noisey fairground rides at kc bleeding dance music over the stages and tents.

More kids at KC of the young variety and lots of trees to shade or shelter unlike T.

Stages themselves are smaller but tv screen at main at KC.

Food better at Kendal. Alcohol searches going in to arena probably equally strict. Bar prices probably equally steep but Atleast you don't need to use the tokens system at Kendal.

Very unlikely to get hit with a cup of piss at Kendal.

Morning all.

Firstly, hello. First trip to KC for us this year. Travelling with friends and 4 x assorted youngsters & teenagers. We're getting there early on the Thursday to set both tents up. Thanks to ramragon for setting this thread up. It's been a good read and answered questions I didn't even know I had. :o)

I've just noticed on the KC twitter feed that there are Emperor Fields tickets available on re-sale this Friday. A few questions:

I can't remember how much they were originally. Any idea how much they will be? Is it "per person"?

Other than it being quieter, what other advantages are there over Family Camping (which we've already booked)?

And a few non-EF questions:

I'm getting the impression that it's a bit tight for space generally there? Am I right? It's only because we have a 4.5 year old and I'm wondering how he'll handle his first festival if it's absolutely heaving (well, more wondering whether we'll handle it rather than him).

Do they do rental of those tug-along carts so he can chill out under a sleeping bag later in the evening to save us (both) having to go back to camp too early. Or should we just get one and use it to get all our shite to and from the car as well.:D

Thanks for any help.

29 minutes ago, deadlydarcy said:

Morning all.

Firstly, hello. First trip to KC for us this year. Travelling with friends and 4 x assorted youngsters & teenagers. We're getting there early on the Thursday to set both tents up. Thanks to ramragon for setting this thread up. It's been a good read and answered questions I didn't even know I had. :o)

I've just noticed on the KC twitter feed that there are Emperor Fields tickets available on re-sale this Friday. A few questions:

I can't remember how much they were originally. Any idea how much they will be? Is it "per person"?

Other than it being quieter, what other advantages are there over Family Camping (which we've already booked)?

And a few non-EF questions:

I'm getting the impression that it's a bit tight for space generally there? Am I right? It's only because we have a 4.5 year old and I'm wondering how he'll handle his first festival if it's absolutely heaving (well, more wondering whether we'll handle it rather than him).

Do they do rental of those tug-along carts so he can chill out under a sleeping bag later in the evening to save us (both) having to go back to camp too early. Or should we just get one and use it to get all our shite to and from the car as well.:D

Thanks for any help.

Emperors isn't quieter, its closer to the arena so you hear the music until close (3am+ish), I think they were about £60ish per person and half that for kids but I pay by monthly dd so often get this confused!.

If you're in main camping the family camping areas are to the left as you go down the hill from the main entrance, further left you go the more space you'll get. (Hint if you're putting up two tents put them virtually opposite each other (not too far though!) and put up a camp table/ some chairs between them and that'll give you the space you need!)

no they don't hire out the tug-alongs, however at the back of the main stage crowd is a hill, loads of families just put a picnic blanket down and you see kids crashed out under a blanket so mums& dads can stay and watch the headliners etc 

Emperors isn't quieter, its closer to the arena so you hear the music until close (3am+ish), I think they were about £60ish per person and half that for kids but I pay by monthly dd so often get this confused!.

If you're in main camping the family camping areas are to the left as you go down the hill from the main entrance, further left you go the more space you'll get. (Hint if you're putting up two tents put them virtually opposite each other (not too far though!) and put up a camp table/ some chairs between them and that'll give you the space you need!)

no they don't hire out the tug-alongs, however at the back of the main stage crowd is a hill, loads of families just put a picnic blanket down and you see kids crashed out under a blanket so mums& dads can stay and watch the headliners etc 

Ok, good info there. Thanks for that, much appreciated. At that kind of money, I think we'll stick to Family Camping...we've spent enough on tickets and Thursday entry anyway. I think putting up a couple of tents will give us some extra room anyway. Which reminds me, I must have a practice at putting up our friends' one. :o)

Like rob if it was me I'd head for family as well, I feel sorry for some of the kids I see stuck in middle of general camping or wolfswood. They're parents must be tearing their hair out at 3am ! 

Family and quieter camping areas are nowhere near as busy as general camping areas

12 minutes ago, ramragon said:

Like rob if it was me I'd head for family as well, I feel sorry for some of the kids I see stuck in middle of general camping or wolfswood. They're parents must be tearing their hair out at 3am ! 

Yeah, I wouldn't go near general camping anyway. We've booked Family Camping (or have we?) - I don't remember whether it was actually a booking or just a box asking us where we'd be camping...

The box on the tickets was just a guide to where you wanted to camp, they use the guide to decide what size to make various fields flexing them with divide ropes. If you fancy camping in a different field you're free to change your mind