2017 Any help or advice needed ?

ramragon

58 minutes ago, bottonrob said:

Is this your way of saying that Mrs Numb wanting me to 'dress-up' for her again this year?

I wondered why she'd bought that Belinda Carlisle wig !

I have never got involved in the fancy dress before but could get involved in some beach boy related action. 

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

I wondered why she'd bought that Belinda Carlisle wig !

I have never got involved in the fancy dress before but could get involved in some beach boy related action. 

Is this the type of 'beach boy related action' you're hankering for?

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyQnAwgbmQsNPb6bRdAIEOmg6aml6tUsWWnUOaIhHSLSVHUgRia6fdCxOngwGRpu3REW55CI0&usqp=CAE

youll find the campervan enterance much easier, they filter the cars through in a queue and put your bands on through the car window. not normally a long process and when youre through the entry point youll drive single file in to the campervan field and be directed to where to park up, its not a free for all in that field. campervans are lined up in a logical manor with fire gaps at front and back of you.

On 3/8/2017 at 8:29 PM, ramragon said:

youll find the campervan enterance much easier, they filter the cars through in a queue and put your bands on through the car window. not normally a long process and when youre through the entry point youll drive single file in to the campervan field and be directed to where to park up, its not a free for all in that field. campervans are lined up in a logical manor with fire gaps at front and back of you.

They stopped that in emperor's last year. Much better system of park up and then get bands at an exchange. 

3 hours ago, Lowther Calling said:

They stopped that in emperor's last year. Much better system of park up and then get bands at an exchange. 

agreed much better, however from personal experience I would suggest that, with the bands now given out at the gate in the open air, to arrange your arrival time outside of the only heavy downpour of the weekend... especially if there is a long queue!

On 10/03/2017 at 0:20 PM, bottonrob said:

agreed much better, however from personal experience I would suggest that, with the bands now given out at the gate in the open air, to arrange your arrival time outside of the only heavy downpour of the weekend... especially if there is a long queue!

Good advice!! I put the kids (a friends I was taking) in the car and rang the eldest when I was near the front. I was soaked through

• 4 weeks later...

OH has been talking to a mate who's been to KC before and asked her what this year's "theme" was.  We're both stumped!  Sounds they have a fancy dress theme each year if I'm getting it - is that the case?  Do many get involved?

Cheers. 

12 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

OH has been talking to a mate who's been to KC before and asked her what this year's "theme" was.  We're both stumped!  Sounds they have a fancy dress theme each year if I'm getting it - is that the case?  Do many get involved?

Cheers. 

Yeah they have a fancy dress theme for the Saturday every year, there's usually loads who take part in it. They'll announce the theme closer to the festival 

4 hours ago, ramragon said:

Yeah they have a fancy dress theme for the Saturday every year, there's usually loads who take part in it. They'll announce the theme closer to the festival 

If the beach boys fella is Saturday night then I may get involved for the first time ever :-)

Theres a pet sounds album documentary on the iplayer just now incase anyone is interested. Some top tunes. Just don't make the mistake of watching any of his recent footage on YouTube !

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/04/2017 at 1:58 PM, gorfield said:

unfortunately tequila will not be an option :(

18 minutes ago, gorfield said:

the theme has been shit for the last 2 years.. really need a good one this year?

maybe the lost artists of 2016..

they have announced the theme being 'the wild', so wild animal dress up basically. Haven't worked out what we're doing yet but will be doing something (merely to embarrass the teenage girl of nothing else!)

1 hour ago, amyg1990 said:

is this the radio 6 one?

So is the theme primarily for saturday...I wondered how this worked

yep just the Saturday, if the same as other years will be around maybe 30-40% dress up, they did a world record attempt one year, most supermans in a field or something which upped the dress up numbers a bit but don't think there has been anything like that since.

Theres some that are Basically a raised platform with a few individual cubicles over a wheelie bin with sawdust in, you also take a cup of sawdust in with you to cover your mess. Not to bad and Loads better than longdrops.

Lots of normal portaloos and i believe you can also pay up front to use proper flushing toilets at a few places around the site although ive never used them so coudlnt comment on what they are like.

How do the campsites (not including emperors) compare to other big festivals?

We usually just take a small 2man tent for our festival camping, but wondered if Kendal would be a god opp to bring a bit more stuff. (i.e spacious tent with living area)

Do the campsites get as lairy and crowded as other festivals, i.e reading/v/download? Or are they a bit more quiet and spacious?

The campsites still get rammed but they're split off into areas, there's rowdy, pretty rowdy, family , quieter and really quiet ! Trouble is if you go for the really quiet ones you have a bit further to walk. It's no that far in comparison to the likes of glastonbury though. Quieter camping isn't library quiet, it's just not mental in there ! That's about 5 mins walk from site enterance

On 03/05/2017 at 5:49 PM, ramragon said:

The campsites still get rammed but they're split off into areas, there's rowdy, pretty rowdy, family , quieter and really quiet ! Trouble is if you go for the really quiet ones you have a bit further to walk. It's no that far in comparison to the likes of glastonbury though. Quieter camping isn't library quiet, it's just not mental in there ! That's about 5 mins walk from site enterance

Which ones are which?

They always produce a campsite map, ill have a look and see if ones produced yet and put it here if it is. All the fields are well signposted. 

Once inside the festival entry point, the field you are in is general camping which is pretty rowdy. If you head towards campervan field you'll come across a road that leads down to family camping and quieter camping. 

If you aim in the opposite direction once your through the entry point and head towards the main arena rather than campervan field you'll come across the wolf's wood which is the loudest field.