2017 Any help or advice needed ?

ramragon

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Drfoxxx said:

Thanks, appreciate your help. How likely is it do you think we are going to get a live in vehicle ticket if we only found out today about the tickets being cancelled? My friends had a nightmare haha

I'm assuming your friend is Battigirl? She's sounding quite desperate!

Hi all, not being a 'live-in' fielder I don't note the live-in prices. There's 1 on FAB at the mo on Kendal Callings page at £200. Is this ott? And if so why are the organisers (seemingly!) not doing anything about this? Surely the live-in ticket is the easiest to prevent touting on as they could just require a registration number at purchase.

5 minutes ago, bottonrob said:

Hi all, not being a 'live-in' fielder I don't note the live-in prices. There's 1 on FAB at the mo on Kendal Callings page at £200. Is this ott? And if so why are the organisers (seemingly!) not doing anything about this? Surely the live-in ticket is the easiest to prevent touting on as they could just require a registration number at purchase.

About £90 plus fees usually so they doubling their money which is normal with folk selling for profit 

touting is what it is ! I'm sure when folk have there tickets in hand come June or July there will be far worse examples on Facebook 

5 hours ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

About £90 plus fees usually so they doubling their money which is normal with folk selling for profit 

touting is what it is ! I'm sure when folk have there tickets in hand come June or July there will be far worse examples on Facebook 

Yep sure there will be worse examples but if Kendal wants to set it aside as a 'better' standard of festival (which would clearly help in its annual persuit of awards/recognition etc) then attempting to create a stand against  these lowlifes would be a great help and as mentioned this should be the easiest one to tackle

11 hours ago, bottonrob said:

Yep sure there will be worse examples but if Kendal wants to set it aside as a 'better' standard of festival (which would clearly help in its annual persuit of awards/recognition etc) then attempting to create a stand against  these lowlifes would be a great help and as mentioned this should be the easiest one to tackle

Until all festivals get a ticketing system like Glastonbury you're always going to get people selling on at a profit.

Putting a car registration number onto live in vehicle tickets won't work for the simple reason as some ticket purchasers won't know their registration number until they collect their hire vehicle (or a caravan owner changes their vehicle after purchasing a ticket).

With all the will in the world, policing an 'open' ticketing system is near on impossible.

1 hour ago, Mr_Grump said:

Until all festivals get a ticketing system like Glastonbury you're always going to get people selling on at a profit.

Putting a car registration number onto live in vehicle tickets won't work for the simple reason as some ticket purchasers won't know their registration number until they collect their hire vehicle (or a caravan owner changes their vehicle after purchasing a ticket).

With all the will in the world, policing an 'open' ticketing system is near on impossible.

I paid £150 for vehicle ticket last week from a fella on facebook. I know it's a lot dearer but desperately needed one so had to pay it. 

Can anyone recommend a decent trolley/cart/wheelbarrow for lugging your stuff around when setting up camp?

We've been using something similar to this for years

http://www.theworkplacedepot.co.uk/economy-sack-truck-100kg#vat?gclid=Cj0KEQiAot_FBRCqt8jVsoDKoZABEiQAqFL76MdH56YSrKOhAi5-bVHPF23-DIFAoeMuUOyac_hPLmsaAtkQ8P8HAQ

But frankly there not cut out for the task.

Any suggestions for a new one!?

1 hour ago, amyg1990 said:

Any suggestions for a new one!?

Have a look at a fishing tackle trolley/barrow...they're purpose built for using on rough terrain and usually have tyres & wheels that can handle muddy areas.

Wherever possible get one with pneumatic rubber tyres, try and avoid solid/plastic tyres.

Remember, you buy cheap, you pay twice! Get the best you can afford, don't go cheap!

Something like this...

trolley.jpg

2 hours ago, Mr_Grump said:

Have a look at a fishing tackle trolley/barrow...they're purpose built for using on rough terrain and usually have tyres & wheels that can handle muddy areas.

Wherever possible get one with pneumatic rubber tyres, try and avoid solid/plastic tyres.

Remember, you buy cheap, you pay twice! Get the best you can afford, don't go cheap!

Something like this...

trolley.jpg

Good advice here on avoiding the plastic tyres.

Got one a couple of years ago that looked like this but had plastic tyres that cracked and then broke after 2 festivals.

46 minutes ago, bottonrob said:

We've similar, it all folds down to just about flat (can pack around the wheels)

9 hours ago, bottonrob said:

She's a beauty.

Can she hold all your fancy dress costumes ?

Asking for a friend :-)