Royal Blood

Warbler

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C_7sBdlXcAASvlK.jpg:small

Have announced a European arena tour. I really liked their first album and saw them in a small venue but I am a little worried they will be swallowed up in an arena. Not sure whether to go for Manchester tickets. Have the same worry if the play the pyramid.

34 minutes ago, CraigMc said:

Have announced a European arena tour. I really liked their first album and saw them in a small venue but I am a little worried they will be swallowed up in an arena. Not sure whether to go for Manchester tickets. Have the same worry if the play the pyramid.

They've been doing the big shows for the longest. IIRC they supported Arctic Monkeys at Finsbury, Foo Fighters at stadia around the world and at MK Bowl, Reading and Leeds main stages to whopping crowds and they're supporting Guns N' Roses somewhere this summer too. They'll have had plenty of huge gig experience by then.

Edited by dentalplan

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

They've been doing the big shows for the longest. IIRC they supported Arctic Monkeys at Finsbury, Foo Fighters at stadia around the world and at MK Bowl, Reading and Leeds main stages to whopping crowds and they're supporting Guns N' Roses somewhere this summer too. They'll have had plenty of huge gig experience by then.

Fair point, I just thought their sound is better suited to smaller venues. After touring academy venues last time out I thought they might step up to slightly bigger venues, but not areans

I'm not sure Drenge would agree but I definitely prefer their trajectory than Royal Blood's. The last 2 Drenge gigs I've been to were at Liverpool Magnet and Manchester Night and Day, 2 of my favorite gigs. Enjoyed Royal Blood at the Ritz but the Arena for the 2 of them 2 albums in? ... Nah. Drenge are a bit more up my alley anyway, rougher round the edges, pretty clear why Royal Blood have a bigger appeal though.

6 hours ago, priest17 said:

I'm not sure Drenge would agree but I definitely prefer their trajectory than Royal Blood's. The last 2 Drenge gigs I've been to were at Liverpool Magnet and Manchester Night and Day, 2 of my favorite gigs. Enjoyed Royal Blood at the Ritz but the Arena for the 2 of them 2 albums in? ... Nah. Drenge are a bit more up my alley anyway, rougher round the edges, pretty clear why Royal Blood have a bigger appeal though.

I agree. I feel this trajectory is a little too Arctic Monkeys for me. There's something to be said building up through the stages and gaining experience rather than shooting straight for the radio friendly unit shifters with arena tour. 

But hey, call me a hipster snob. I would've jumped at a large theatre tour, but an arena so soon is a bit much for me.

• 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Roy and the lads have At the Drive-In and Black Honey supporting on this upcoming tour. ATDI will go down like a cup of hot sick but that's tantalising.

Entirely off-topic mate but everyone you post I get this stuck in my head.