Royal Blood

Warbler

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Being straight up rock doesn't mean they need to do the same riff everytime. You can wack Come on over/Little Monster on and it's virtually the same riff but with much lesser lyrics. Another song they did before they pretty much searched for the cords for Paranoid....copied it and added in lyrics.

I don't mind them but I think they are massively aware they have no long-term staying power in them.

Totally agree. Hopefully they prove me wrong and there's something on the second album that makes me go wow ! Did not expect that ! 

If not a two piece without an absolute genius like Jack White just doesn't shout longevity to me 

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, swede said:

Totally agree. Hopefully they prove me wrong and there's something on the second album that makes me go wow ! Did not expect that ! 

If not a two piece without an absolute genius like Jack White just doesn't shout longevity to me 

I'll see them because I think their 1st album....for what was good they did something different....there I'd a lot of shit though where ideas had run. I think within 2/3 years they'll be just another rock band although I'll leave judging until I hear the full thing. Where are you now? is on the album and unfortunately if you want to hear the proper version and not majorly ripped off one wack on Sabbath Paranoid. In fact in that's much of a copy that Sharon might have something to say.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

I'll see them because I think their 1st album....for what was good they did something different....there I'd a lot of shit though where ideas had run. I think within 2/3 years they'll be just another rock band although I'll leave judging until I hear the full thing. Where are you now? is on the album and unfortunately if you want to hear the proper version and not majorly ripped off one wack on Sabbath Paranoid. In fact in that's much of a copy that Sharon might have something to say.

Same here, love the first album so will prob see them clash depending

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Superscally said:

They both were two-piece guitar bands that came out at the same time. They got everyone locking their arse while Drenge have got two albums now with a third on the way and received very little attention. 

Oh right. I don't think Royal Blood's success has curtailed Drenge's. They just had the same amount of members.

I felt that both bands' debuts were lacking. Drenge came into their own when adding a third member. Sounds like Royal Blood should've.

18 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Oh right. I don't think Royal Blood's success has curtailed Drenge's. They just had the same amount of members.

I felt that both bands' debuts were lacking. Drenge came into their own when adding a third member. Sounds like Royal Blood should've.

I dunno if it curtailed them or not, just felt they deserved more credit than RB...

3 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Announced an 11 date arena tour in November, playing Ally Pally rather than the O2 but room for 2/3 nights there. Either way it's a bigger than I was expecting. I thought they'd leave it until after Glastonbury to announce too. 

Interesting - do you know where one can find more details about this? Hopefully a south coast date?