Announcement reaction and highlights

ramragon

How's everyone feel about the 1st announcement then ? For me it looks really strong, about 12 I'm gonna have to make time to see, I haven't seen Franz or stereophonics live before so ill make them top of the list although I'm excited to catch little comets and circa waves again.

I think the organisers have done a good job putting together a really strong initial line up, credit where it's due cos we're quick enough to complain when there's stuff we don't like.......

That would be the hotpots and frank turner then haha

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ramragon said:

How's everyone feel about the 1st announcement then ? For me it looks really strong, about 12 I'm gonna have to make time to see, I haven't seen Franz or stereophonics live before so ill make them top of the list although I'm excited to catch little comets and circa waves again.

I think the organisers have done a good job putting together a really strong initial line up, credit where it's due cos we're quick enough to complain when there's stuff we don't like.......

Agreed, never seen manics, Stereophonics or FranzF. Hoping that Editors and BeachBoys are main stage. Also does it look like Example is playing both main stage and the Chlamydia tent?  & That little angry fella playing has been given the thumbs up from the teenager!

6 minutes ago, ramragon said:

Aye it`s strong alright. Bit too much for the oldies if I had to be critical, it`s clear what market they are aiming at.

I`ve seen both FF and Stereophonics at T in recent years. FF were really good in the big tent. Stereophonics not so good but they had an evening slot on the main stage and looked a bit bored.....or was that me. Will probably give them another go unless something takes my fancy in Calling Out. Personally I`m gutted that FF are Thursday but such is life.

Manics will probably be my must see as I`ve never seen them and I missed most of Seasick Steve the last time I saw him due to pesky kids so will defo catch him.

Swap Jake Bugg for Jamie T....... and Frank Turner for Chvrches, Jess Glynn or Clean Bandit and it would have been even better.

What do we think the average age of the headliners is ?

FF, Stereophonics, Beach Boys dude, Seasick Steve, Frank Turner, Manics 

#sagainthefields

4 minutes ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Aye it`s strong alright. Bit too much for the oldies if I had to be critical, it`s clear what market they are aiming at.

I`ve seen both FF and Stereophonics at T in recent years. FF were really good in the big tent. Stereophonics not so good but they had an evening slot on the main stage and looked a bit bored.....or was that me. Will probably give them another go unless something takes my fancy in Calling Out. Personally I`m gutted that FF are Thursday but such is life.

Manics will probably be my must see as I`ve never seen them and I missed most of Seasick Steve the last time I saw him due to pesky kids so will defo catch him.

Swap Jake Bugg for Jamie T....... and Frank Turner for Chvrches, Jess Glynn or Clean Bandit and it would have been even better.

What do we think the average age of the headliners is ?

FF, Stereophonics, Beach Boys dude, Seasick Steve, Frank Turner, Manics 

#sagainthefields

About our age !

5 minutes ago, jamj said:

It's very strong and there's loads on there that the hubby is well over the moon about, but for me there's a sprinkle of glitter needed, and I don't even know who or what I expect to sprinkle it! but yeah well happy rather than not!

I agree with the sprinkle of glitter thing. It`s good but something missing. If the sun shines then perhaps the Beach Boys fella will deliver it. I can see that one going either way. I`ll be there cheering him on :sungum:

6 minutes ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Belinda Carlisle* would have been like a spring chicken :D

* Sorry for bringing her up mate. Hope your not too upset.

Twist the knife in why don't you. Hopefully next year and they'll get one of your teenage pin-ups next too, still have a thing for Connie Francis?

I think it's a decent bill so far and yes, by & large it's so far more for the mums n dads. However acts like stereophonics & Manics, editors, seasick steve are still very relevant & making albums that still rack up with their best. It's not like it's rewind festival. I notice not a lot of love for frank turner, but been going to his gigs since he was playing in empty pubs & will be drunkenly singing along to every song.

ive seen a lot of these dozens of times & will again, but also looking forward to corca waves for the 1st time. I'm pleased with this.

lots of drunk singalongs.

53 minutes ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

#sagainthefields

Wait, what!?  Is it confirmed FF playing Thursday night?

13 minutes ago, Cadski said:

I'm a bit gutted looks dated to me. 

I still think it's a decent lineup but this is a fair point. For the money they are now charging plus the increased capacity plus extra money if you want to go in on Thursday and catch FF then I think they could have set their sights higher. 

Is Frank Turner defo a main stage headliner do we know. Can't remember what night he headlined a few years back but it was far from rammed. Could he be in Calling Out and there is another headliner to come ?

2 minutes ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

I still think it's a decent lineup but this is a fair point. For the money they are now charging plus the increased capacity plus extra money if you want to go in on Thursday and catch FF then I think they could have set their sights higher. 

Is Frank Turner defo a main stage headliner do we know. Can't remember what night he headlined a few years back but it was far from rammed. Could he be in Calling Out and there is another headliner to come ?

He played the Saturday! He can only be a sub this time. Stereos, Tinytemper & Manics are surely the headlines for each night with Turner, Editors & Jake Bugger as subs and Slaves, Nothing but Theives & Circa Waves headlining Calling Out? Doubt there's another headline to follow as they've made a big deal of the '6 Headlines'

8 minutes ago, bottonrob said:

He played the Saturday! He can only be a sub this time. Stereos, Tinytemper & Manics are surely the headlines for each night with Turner, Editors & Jake Bugger as subs and Slaves, Nothing but Theives & Circa Waves headlining Calling Out? Doubt there's another headline to follow as they've made a big deal of the '6 Headlines'

Ah ok cheers. Think I was clutching at straws. Is the beach boy not a headliner?

Ive no idea how popular tiny tempa is. I meant to YouTube him earlier as I'm sure I'll know a couple of his tunes.

6 minutes ago, thurlow84 said:

I'm really happy with the line up, its like they've looked at my cd collection from ten years ago and said aye that'll do

There's some cracking bands for the calling out stage too I reckon in the initial line up

Ye but if it was top trumps I wouldn't fancy the 2017 cards