Announcement reaction and highlights

ramragon

On 2/28/2017 at 2:20 PM, Drfoxxx said:

Jackmaster late night would make me very happy, throw a bit of Craig Charles in there and I'd be delighted 

They`ve now confirmed Jackmaster for their venture in Dumfries in September so hopefully next announcement. Car seat headrest also booked for that.

First time I saw Craig Charles at KC was in Chai Wallahs and he opened with this fine tune. Fingers crossed he`s back this year :)

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

They`ve now confirmed Jackmaster for their venture in Dumfries in September so hopefully next announcement. Car seat headrest also booked for that.

First time I saw Craig Charles at KC was in Chai Wallahs and he opened with this fine tune. Fingers crossed he`s back this year :)

When will the next announcement be do we know?

Craig Charles never fails to impress :) 

Still gutted. Line up a right let down. 6th year and feel well ripped off. Early entry tickets a waste, I might just stay by the van. Not 1 band I would mind never seeing. Went to Lakefest weekend for 90 quid last year and better line up.

11 minutes ago, Cadski said:

Still gutted. Line up a right let down. 6th year and feel well ripped off. Early entry tickets a waste, I might just stay by the van. Not 1 band I would mind never seeing. Went to Lakefest weekend for 90 quid last year and better line up.

Who would you like to have been on ?

23 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Who would you like to have been on ?

Love loads if honest was hoping Courteeners but that's not my gripe. 

Compare line ups side by side for past few years and I wouldn't think it was same festival probably I'm unlucky that none of the 'top' bands would be on any of my devices to choose to play.

I have two (now) teenage lads been coming with me for last 6 years also the eldest 16 is asking not to come. 

Just put the comment there to see if anyone else felt it was poor or am I unlucky this year. Can't win em all I have booked tickets as soon as I have arrived home for past years.

Edited by Cadski

1 hour ago, Cadski said:

Love loads if honest was hoping Courteeners but that's not my gripe. 

Compare line ups side by side for past few years and I wouldn't think it was same festival probably I'm unlucky that none of the 'top' bands would be on any of my devices to choose to play.

I have two (now) teenage lads been coming with me for last 6 years also the eldest 16 is asking not to come. 

Just put the comment there to see if anyone else felt it was poor or am I unlucky this year. Can't win em all I have booked tickets as soon as I have arrived home for past years.

The courteeners bring a lot of baggage to the table ultimately a high percentage of Mancunian arse holes for a start lol they ain't sold out their own show for May if I'm correct , they type of crowd Kendal gets would only know 2 or 3 courteeners tune ! Not 19 forever for 90mins wouldn't work lol !

i agree though that there ain't much there for the yoof ! Old farts fest springs to mind !

fingers crossed for Ellie Golding and Izzy Bizu in the next wave the kids love em !

26 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

The courteeners bring a lot of baggage to the table ultimately a high percentage of Mancunian arse holes for a start lol they ain't sold out their own show for May if I'm correct , they type of crowd Kendal gets would only know 2 or 3 courteeners tune ! Not 19 forever for 90mins wouldn't work lol !

i agree though that there ain't much there for the yoof ! Old farts fest springs to mind !

fingers crossed for Ellie Golding and Izzy Bizu in the next wave the kids love em !

There ain't that much for the oldies either its well poor and selling as best family festival doesn't ring right with old farts festival. I never listed bands as I didn't want to give you ammo but you used the only one anyway and Im not from anywhere near Manchester. Missing my point I think. It's way down on talent compared to past years. I'm not going to list past bands I just think as I mentioned in a previous post if we were playing top trumps I would have a better card to play from previous years for every band playing this year. I will still enjoy it I always do music is the backdrop to a great weekend I just feel it's down in comparison.  I don't think Stereophonics Manics FF etc are old enough to be old farts music I just think they are not my festival choice. I  must be on my own in these thoughts just wanted to air my opinion.

Edited by Cadski

I understand what your saying the line up is OK at best Manics and phonics excellent headliners the rest is not too good,  and as you say Thursday is a washout but it's worth the extra just to get a good spot to camp and miss the Friday rush and I totally disagree with the Courteeners comments about nobody knowing there songs when I walk round the campsites there music is what I hear most from peoples camping parties and not just not nineteen forever!, my daughter is 20 and she came last year for the first time and loved it and bought tickets soon as we got back but she is thinking of not going due to the bad line up in her opinion,  I'm hoping the next announcement is better for her and other young people's tastes, me personally I love the festival and the music is only part of it my best memories from the previous years have been the laughs round our campsite and meeting people not the music but a good line up that have something for all people's tastes makes it all the more better 

I actually agree with you cadski and richall in a way definitely nothing for the younger ones. I will be pitching my tent on Thursday and probs go back home as I'm not a fan of franz! Frank turner....... yuck ! And Brian Wilson eh ? It's 20 years or more since word gets around and everything must go so on my eyes phonics and manics are defo for the older ones! I stand by courteeners comments though but that's my opinion. Let's hope for some strong current stuff in the next release . Still a good weekend though .

2 hours ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

I actually agree with you cadski and richall in a way definitely nothing for the younger ones. I will be pitching my tent on Thursday and probs go back home as I'm not a fan of franz! Frank turner....... yuck ! And Brian Wilson eh ? It's 20 years or more since word gets around and everything must go so on my eyes phonics and manics are defo for the older ones! I stand by courteeners comments though but that's my opinion. Let's hope for some strong current stuff in the next release . Still a good weekend though .

And same weather as last year but that maybe asking a bit too much 

15 hours ago, richall said:

I understand what your saying the line up is OK at best Manics and phonics excellent headliners the rest is not too good,  and as you say Thursday is a washout but it's worth the extra just to get a good spot to camp and miss the Friday rush and I totally disagree with the Courteeners comments about nobody knowing there songs when I walk round the campsites there music is what I hear most from peoples camping parties and not just not nineteen forever!, my daughter is 20 and she came last year for the first time and loved it and bought tickets soon as we got back but she is thinking of not going due to the bad line up in her opinion,  I'm hoping the next announcement is better for her and other young people's tastes, me personally I love the festival and the music is only part of it my best memories from the previous years have been the laughs round our campsite and meeting people not the music but a good line up that have something for all people's tastes makes it all the more better 

My sentiments exactly. The music is a back drop to a great weekend. Just previous years at Kendal and B4 Kendal we went to Big Chill there were bands I was excited about. I just dont get it this year. We are part of a group of 16 so we will have a good crack anyhow. 

Thursday opening with James will take some beating admittedly. But they could have tried....

Music is very subjective...I think it's a good line up so far.

I disagree about it being for the 'oldies'...look back at the headliners from other years, a similar approach has been taken (The Charlatans, Suede, Elbow, Madness, Snoop Dogg, Blondie, James, Maximo Park, Primal Scream weren't 'current' at the time).

Each year there's been at least one headliner for the 'yoofs' (The Cribs, Dizzee Rascal, The Vaccines, Rudimental, Example) and some decent support (Catfish, Everything Everything, Kodaline [albeit replaced by Super Furrys Animals], The Horrors, Ella Eyre, I Am Kloot etc).

The next round of announcements could make me think "that's a bag of shite" whereas other may say that it's "brilliant, just what I wanted".

Sorry lochland I didn't mean to quote you but it was the only way I could get rid of the quote box

I don't think the kids have ever been the target audience for the organisers, and when they've had acts on for them its usually been before they've become the household names 

I think there are a few bands in the line up that could be come massive, slaves are popular at the moment, bands like circa waves on the up, the hunna, blaenavon bossy love , loyle carner, fickle friends, so she, got some, swindle cover a range of genres that are popular at the moment away from the indie music it mainly caters for, jungle are doing DJ set

So while most of the headliners aren't at the hight of there popularity there are still acts lower down the bill to appeal to a younger audience

2 hours ago, thurlow84 said:

Sorry lochland I didn't mean to quote you but it was the only way I could get rid of the quote box

Hover over the little box with the cross in it that appears at the top left corner of the post you`ve quoted and then press delete - that gets rid of.

You made your headgear choice for this year yet sir ?

I may get involved with some beach boy related tom foolery. I hear Rob is up for it ( fancy dress I mean ).

2 hours ago, thurlow84 said:

I think there are a few bands in the line up that could be come massive, slaves are popular at the moment, bands like circa waves on the up, the hunna, blaenavon bossy love , loyle carner, fickle friends, so she, got some, swindle cover a range of genres that are popular at the moment away from the indie music it mainly caters for, jungle are doing DJ set

Who should I be checking out in advance then mate ?

Yir prediction about the rag n bone fella turned out pretty useful. What`s your one to watch out of these...

8 hours ago, Mr_Grump said:

Music is very subjective...I think it's a good line up so far.

I disagree about it being for the 'oldies'...look back at the headliners from other years, a similar approach has been taken (The Charlatans, Suede, Elbow, Madness, Snoop Dogg, Blondie, James, Maximo Park, Primal Scream weren't 'current' at the time).

Each year there's been at least one headliner for the 'yoofs' (The Cribs, Dizzee Rascal, The Vaccines, Rudimental, Example) and some decent support (Catfish, Everything Everything, Kodaline [albeit replaced by Super Furrys Animals], The Horrors, Ella Eyre, I Am Kloot etc).

The next round of announcements could make me think "that's a bag of shite" whereas other may say that it's "brilliant, just what I wanted".

Everyone you have listed above blows everyone this year out the water. I would love to see that as the flyer. This year's line up is boring in comparison. I today told my kids this year is the last. All your post as done is made me feel more put out. In my opinion this year's line up is shite. 

And when we all say music is the backdrop! I have a good time anyway!  Join the camping club. A music festival is about the music and the acts this year are boring boring boring. 

Happy Mondays. Groove Armada. Primal Scream. Razorlight. Johnny Marr. Charlatans. James. Public Enemy. De la soul. Vaccines. Catfish. Blossoms.   Sorry but this year does not compare. 

2 minutes ago, Cadski said:

Everyone you have listed above blows everyone this year out the water. I would love to see that as the flyer. This year's line up is boring in comparison. I today told my kids this year is the last. All your post as done is made me feel more put out. In my opinion this year's line up is shite. 

And when we all say music is the backdrop! I have a good time anyway!  Join the camping club. A music festival is about the music and the acts this year are boring boring boring. 

Happy Mondays. Groove Armada. Primal Scream. Razorlight. Johnny Marr. Charlatans. James. Public Enemy. De la soul. Vaccines. Catfish. Blossoms.   Sorry but this year does not compare. 

Anyone want any tickets?

4 minutes ago, Cadski said:

Anyone want any tickets?

Read lakefest line up for 2016. 95 quid withcamper van all weekend  including Thursday entry. 35 quid up to 17. 270.00. I expected more from a 12.year old premium price festival. As much as I love the place and the crack I am well peeved.

8 hours ago, Cadski said:

Read lakefest line up for 2016. 95 quid withcamper van all weekend  including Thursday entry. 35 quid up to 17. 270.00. I expected more from a 12.year old premium price festival. As much as I love the place and the crack I am well peeved.

What about their 2016 line up? Other than Secret Affair and Big Country (maybe The Coral) it does nothing for me.

As I said in my post yesterday, music is very subjective...if we all liked the same then what a boring boring boring world we'd live in.