Announcement reaction and highlights

ramragon

On 11/02/2017 at 7:22 AM, Kerremy said:

Hey! First time at Kendal Calling this year, I just wondered what we can expect from future announcements? Is it likely that all the big(ger) names have been announced or can we expect some more? 

All the big names are probably announced now. There will hopefully be few late afternoon / evening slots to fill so fingers crossed for few more half decent acts.

Someone like Cast and Amy MacDonald I reckon plus a few bands that the young team will like but I won't have heard of.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theres got to be another announcement coming soon id imagine, unless theyre just going to release the odd band name here and there. hopefully a few more bands to pad the main stage out a bit. they've booked Goldfrapp for blue dot festival, that would be a good addition for a start

1 hour ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

What's the latest from inside the right said Fred camp mate ?

Should we expect them to announce soon...

They were holding them back for a last minute push on ticket sales but since its sold out there's no need . Probs just waiting to give them there own announcement nearer time and make it very special........... for the fans .

Cast and Feeder are good shouts. Been a while since shed 7 were in the fields and ocean colour scene full band or acoustic wouldn't be a surprise.

Jesus and Mary chain and Amy MacDonald could be possibles.

Do chai wallahs announce separately?

Bad manners, bombskare, Alabama 3 acoustic would be brilliant in there. 

Hope craig Charles gets announced for a late night slot plus baggy Mondays again.

Hopefully hear something by next weekend??????

Jesus and Mary Chain too expensive to be added now. Sub headliners at least at a festival of this size...probably too alternative for Kendal to justify the fee they'd probably want. 

I'm made up about Sea Power. Hoping fellow Cumbrians The Lucid Dream play too. 

Dirch Uncles and Money would be good north west additions too.

Anyone touring March or April might want their gig sold out before announcing dates. Might explain sea power delaying. 

21 hours ago, timeforheroes said:

Jesus and Mary Chain too expensive to be added now. Sub headliners at least at a festival of this size...probably too alternative for Kendal to justify the fee they'd probably want. 

I'm made up about Sea Power. Hoping fellow Cumbrians The Lucid Dream play too. 

Dirch Uncles and Money would be good north west additions too.

Anyone touring March or April might want their gig sold out before announcing dates. Might explain sea power delaying. 

Dodgy have announced March dates, could see them being added.

Lightning Seeds on at Camp Bestival same weekend, Space(!) and Starsailor both on at Isle of Wight too, proper Kendal afternoon fodder them men.

Louis  Berry from Liverpool is touring a few in the summer too.

Toots and the Maytals is the one doing the rounds I really want.

Jackmaster or Norman Jay late night somewhere I'd love too.

I seem to remember the likes of Jess Glynne, Clean Bandit, Rudmental and Craiiiig David performing in recent years, there doesn't seem to be much "poppy" stuff for the young'uns this time around does there. Maybe a few will be added. I'm disappointed Rag n Bone man isn't on this year after doing the last couple of years, he said he'd be back this year if KC wanted him !!?