Jump to content
Gnomicide

Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I actually think I prefer the day the full line up and times goes up on the website more than the festival itself 

New map release day is where it's at.

Scanning that, looking for new areas & hoping that when extremely intoxicated your mess of a mind/body will remember the quickest route back to the tent or campervan!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Fully agree with this! Closely followed by all the tiny updates it receives

And the gifs that show the minute differences

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

New map release day is where it's at.

Scanning that, looking for new areas & hoping that when extremely intoxicated your mess of a mind/body will remember the quickest route back to the tent or campervan!!

Years of advance planning and preparation....never quite works for me. I embrace the random staggering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

New map release day is where it's at.

Scanning that, looking for new areas & hoping that when extremely intoxicated your mess of a mind/body will remember the quickest route back to the tent or campervan!!

My low point last year was drunk me taking an hour and half to get from William's Green to my tent in Pylon :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was a good hour and a half from Block 9 to Pylon early on the Saturday morning in torrential rain and torturous mud with a very trippy friend. All a good laugh mind you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I was a good hour and a half from Block 9 to Pylon early on the Saturday morning in torrential rain and torturous mud with a very trippy friend. All a good laugh mind you 

At least you had a laugh. Drunk me may have got slightly emotional at being lost, alone, tired and drunk :lol:

Edited by Tartan_Glasto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tonight.

Diana Ross Exclusive announcement on The One Show tonight 7pm I just read on Facebook Glasto Chat.

EDIT: forget me, that was last night so presume was nothing - doh!

 

 
Edited by wozwebs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, wozwebs said:

Tonight.

Diana Ross Exclusive announcement on The One Show tonight 7pm I just read on Facebook Glasto Chat.

EDIT: forget me, that was last night so presume was nothing - doh!

 

 

Good old Glasto Chat. Always 1st with the wrong info. 

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/01/2017 at 1:48 PM, Mezhyp1 said:

I was a good hour and a half from Block 9 to Pylon early on the Saturday morning in torrential rain and torturous mud with a very trippy friend. All a good laugh mind you 

That was quite the trek wasn't it, Mez? I delivered two delightful young ladies 'towards home' by pushing them gently towards Oxlyers from the Railway Line edge of Other field before heading off south west towards Paines. We were absolutely soaked, knackered and a little 'worse for wear' after four hours of Seth/Martinez in Shangri La. I plan to repeat this kind of end to the night several times this year, at a gloriously DRY festival!

:)

Ben

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

We'll get a name this coming week. I can feel it in my water.

funny you should say that as I have been informed by a family member who works in the festival industry that there will be a glastonbury announcement this week. I think she said Wednesday or Thursday so 01/02 or 02/02.

She doesn't work on glastonbury but for another festival organiser and in the industry they  of course all have to align their announcements so that they don't clash. She works on another fest that is announcing this week.

I wouldn't get excited as surely if there is an announcement it will just be the confirmation of one of the two already known pyramid headliners or the sunday legend.

Anything else at this stage would be mostly unprecendented.

PS: don't shoot the messenger!

Edited by Memory Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

funny you should say that as I have been informed by a family member who works in the festival industry that there will be a glastonbury announcement this week. I think she said Wednesday or Thursday so 01/02 or 02/02.

She doesn't work on glastonbury but for another festival organiser and in the industry they  of course all have to align their announcements so that they don't clash. She works on another fest that is announcing this week.

I wouldn't get excited as surely if there is an announcement it will just be the confirmation of one of the two already known pyramid headliners or the sunday legend.

Anything else at this stage would be mostly unprecendented.

PS: don't shoot the messenger!

Oooooh

(Even though it'll inevitably be a headliner we already know, a day confirmation will be interesting at least!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

funny you should say that as I have been informed by a family member who works in the festival industry that there will be a glastonbury announcement this week. I think she said Wednesday or Thursday so 01/02 or 02/02.

She doesn't work on glastonbury but for another festival organiser and in the industry they  of course all have to align their announcements so that they don't clash. She works on another fest that is announcing this week.

Is that how it works? I thought with Glasto having sold out already it wouldn't affect any other festival?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The60ftOctopus said:

Is that how it works? I thought with Glasto having sold out already it wouldn't affect any other festival?

but in terms of press coverage, glasto would definitely steal the limelight regardless of being sold out

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stocky3000 said:

but in terms of press coverage, glasto would definitely steal the limelight regardless of being sold out

True, didn't think of that.

Parklife have announcements this week, as well as a rumoured Bestival announcement... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, stocky3000 said:

but in terms of press coverage, glasto would definitely steal the limelight regardless of being sold out

Correct. They avoid each other where possible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Glasto Twitter account has become very active over the last few days, mostly around the Emerging Talent Comp, but at least we know the press team are working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Memory Man said:

She doesn't work on glastonbury but for another festival organiser and in the industry they  of course all have to align their announcements so that they don't clash. She works on another fest that is announcing this week.

that's complete and utter crap.

They have to align some so they do clash. Any avoidance of clashing is for best publicity, and naff all else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Correct. They avoid each other where possible

they do, but for their own advantage, not because they're working with each other about announcements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

they do, but for their own advantage, not because they're working with each other about announcements.

A smaller festival will obviously try to avoid the big hitters to not be lost in the noise thats just common sense. They may not work together but they obviouslt garner knowledge of each other & time their own accordingly for their own benefit and thats all i was ever suggesting. Always semantic with you,  you are tiresome mate.

regardless lets see what happens this week

Edited by Memory Man
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Memory Man said:

A smaller festival will obviously try to avoid the big hitters to not be lost in the noise thats just common sense. They may not work together but they obviouslt garner knowledge of each other & time their own accordingly for their own benefit and thats all i was ever suggesting. Always semantic with you,  you are tiresome mate.

regardless lets see what happens this week

it's called accuracy.

If you can do it I don't have to. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't see the festival announcing anything until the emerging talent comp entries close on Monday. Maybe next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel next Tuesday evening is the day... for absolutely no reason or logic whatsoever.

By the same logic, I feel it will only be an announcement of Ed Sheeran, so definitiely not worth waiting for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×