Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

I've got a very well placed source who's confirmed that the full lineup will drop at 10am on Tuesday 30th May.  He's 100% certain that the info is correct and I trust it too.

Enjoy the long weekend then get ready to stand by yer beds on Tuesday morning!

In the absence of access to the Thingy as for some reason it's blocked at work, I seem to remember the last two full lineup drops being Tuesday AM, and doing it to distract everyone on their return to work seems like the logical thing to do.

1 minute ago, kingbadger said:

In the absence of access to the Thingy as for some reason it's blocked at work, I seem to remember the last two full lineup drops being Tuesday AM, and doing it to distract everyone on their return to work seems like the logical thing to do.

4 minutes ago, Jpw48 said:

I've got a very well placed source who's confirmed that the full lineup will drop at 10am on Tuesday 30th May.  He's 100% certain that the info is correct and I trust it too.

Enjoy the long weekend then get ready to stand by yer beds on Tuesday morning!

It all fits!

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Perhaps the fact that there is no pattern has become a pattern in itself? 

Shhhhh dont mention such Chaos Theory, the world, ney, the universe will implode !

Leaving only The KLF alive.

4 minutes ago, liamium said:

perhaps posted before but do we reckon this will just be part of the full drop?

Hmm don't think it usually gets it's own announcement, but then neither does West Holts. Reckon it'll be the full lineup though yeah - it's definitely due any day now.

Hope it's coming with the full one.

If it gets its own announcement then that, plus T&C, could push the biggie into the following week, which would be annoying.

But the last few years the biggie has come right at the end of May/right at the beginning of June, and I doubt they'll want to push it even closer to the festival.

Last year the full line up dropped 22 days before gates opened. The year before it was exactly the same. In 2014 it was 34 days.

Announcing it the week after next would make it just 2 weeks before gates open, which seems ridiculous. We've been told Tuesday morning by someone on here which would give us 22 days, same as the last two years. Seems very likely to me. Or if T&C announce separately next week then the full thing on Thursday or something.

There already isn't really enough time imo to get to grips with the full thing and familiarise yourself with a decent chunk of the lineup. I avoid really bothering doing so when the area posters drop because I cba making more clashes for myself. But when I've done my clashfinder I like checking out the acts who fall in gaps in my schedule so that I don't end up missing something good for no reason.

23 minutes ago, sisco said:

T&C have just tweeted VERY soon too! 

I've tried asking if they have their own announcement this year! (Cunning I know)

I'm liking 'VERY soon' much more than 'just days away'. Getting quite twitchy now about sorting out my OPC (Own Personal Clashfinder) in time just like Will - soooo much music and so little time!

4 minutes ago, billum said:

I'm liking 'VERY soon' much more than 'just days away'. Getting quite twitchy now about sorting out my OPC (Own Personal Clashfinder) in time just like Will - soooo much music and so little time!

Well they liked the tweet.... dunno what that means though. Be amazed if by this time next week we aren't all moaning about clashes.

On 26/05/2017 at 1:07 PM, kalifire said:

T&C Monday

Full thing Tuesday

I'm gonna stick to what I've been saying for ages and it'l come Tuesday 31st May.

reckon no individual T&C announcement this year - we'l just the biggo on the Tuesday after the bank holiday