Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

11 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

I wouldn't put any lengths past these cretins but yes, that's true

It's not just ticket buying difficulty - they'd then have to either arrive on the Wednesday or Thursday and store an unstable explosive device in the heat of a tent for a few days, or they'd have to come on a Friday, which would mean they'd have to park in the furthest car park, carry the heavy explosive device the vast distance to the entrance gate, somehow avoid being searched, then walk even further into the middle of a crowd with a big back pack on, navigating the chair hell that is the pyramid stage, again either in blazing heat (dangerous for explosives I presume) or through extensive mud- can you imagine them trying to get through the glue mud?! 

5 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

It's not just ticket buying difficulty - they'd then have to either arrive on the Wednesday or Thursday and store an unstable explosive device in the heat of a tent for a few days, or they'd have to come on a Friday, which would mean they'd have to park in the furthest car park, carry the heavy explosive device the vast distance to the entrance gate, somehow avoid being searched, then walk even further into the middle of a crowd with a big back pack on, navigating the chair hell that is the pyramid stage, again either in blazing heat (dangerous for explosives I presume) or through extensive mud- can you imagine them trying to get through the glue mud?! 

Yeh, I've been thinking through the possibilities. Would be impossible for them to hang about an exit, and even with a ticket, its so far out of the way.

19 minutes ago, VolumetricFox said:

Reminder that the attack today happened in a public area, not within the venue itself so the gate queues would be the most vulnerable for this kind of thing (and now I'm on a watchlist !)

Yup. It's really not that hard. You don't need to get into an event/airport/government building to a lot of damage. Anywhere where there is a gathering of people is at risk. Protests, queues, outside events, shopping centres...all extremely hard to keep people safe.

This has been the case for years now, and won't go away. The best that we can do is continue with our lives as best we can. The security services will continue to do all they can. They will, without a doubt, already have mitigations in place for outside events like Glastonbury.

Edited by big__phil

55 minutes ago, evannn said:

I don't think that music festivals stopping their social media presence is letting terror win. Cancelling festivals would be letting terror win. Social media silence is just a way of showing respect for the victims, even if some people think it's a bit of an empty gesture 

Well said

I can understand Parklife keeping stum for a bit. People are upset and angry round here. People want answers and information. No one is interested in the news Dj Whottsit is playing the temple stage on the Sunday. No one would pay much attention to any announcements so it is pointless them making any.

My understanding is that it was inside, in the foyer area. He walked in with all the parents etc who were collecting kids. Security at that stage are more bothered with getting people out, not stopping a handful coming in when the show has finished.

13 minutes ago, bunfight said:

My understanding is that it was inside, in the foyer area. He walked in with all the parents etc who were collecting kids. Security at that stage are more bothered with getting people out, not stopping a handful coming in when the show has finished.

The Foyer area is an open concourse, so wouldn't have had to walk past any security. So was technically outside of the arena as I understand the geography of it.

54 minutes ago, Untz said:

The thought of the chair and picnic brigade foiling an attack at Glastonbury tickles me.

The chair and picnic brigade just wouldn't stand for that sort of shit.  One step on a picnic rug and it would all be over.

4 hours ago, sisco said:

Now Parklife, Download and Reading & Leeds have all said they'll have 48 hrs silence on their accounts

Can add Wireless and Latitude to that list now.

all LiveNation or Festival Republic events aren't they?

clearly just someone from HQ telling them all to stick it up.

why 48hrs I don't know...

4 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

The Foyer area is an open concourse, so wouldn't have had to walk past any security. So was technically outside of the arena as I understand the geography of it.

Yes, the foyer and ticket office at Manchester Arena are just in a public area at the top of some stairs above the train station. Then there's a bank of doors to go through.

wpid-article-1330354862917-11e747a800000

article-2284223-1844D04F000005DC-57_634x

we've had no updates on the lineup since monday now (as per the efestivals line up listing)

do we think there is going to be a moratorium on line up announcements for the rest of the week?

bit of an odd time to go very quiet although circumstances are such that its necessary. But feels like we need something to gee up the boards at the moment as there is no news coming out!

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I disagree. It's having the terrorists change what we do.

Agreed. Doing this type of thing and cancelling shows is what they want, putting us in a state of caution and fear to live our lives. Fuck them.