Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

Arcadia tomorrow, T&C Friday (now the Tuesday/Friday thing is an actual thing :(), Full lineup next Tuesday.

With some form of Cineramageddon action thrown in along the way.

Edited by Gnomicide

Yesterday marked the start of the Gemini star sign. As was the same last year when we went into Gemini, there are just 2 stages left to announce before the full line up. Today is the 2nd day of Gemini, and this will be the 2nd time there have been 2 stage announcements during this period in the last 2 years.

Everyone get ready, the announcement will be coming at 2pm today.

1 minute ago, big__phil said:

Yesterday marked the start of the Gemini star sign. As was the same last year when we went into Gemini, there are just 2 stages left to announce before the full line up. Today is the 2nd day of Gemini, and this will be the 2nd time there have been 2 stage announcements during this period in the last 2 years.

I will never not upvote these if I see them.

2 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Faultless logic! *clears afternoon appointments*

27 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Friday is wishful thinking I reckon, but at the same time im ready to be pleasantly surprised!!

I believe The Common has said that times will be out by the end of the week, so looks very likely I'd say

Edited by Cieran

8 minutes ago, merago said:

Ooh, I missed that, was it a tweet from them?

3 minutes ago, Homer said:

Sorry, are we now expecting the full line-up with set times to be next?

I thought it would be full line-up this week, times next month.

Yep! 2 pages back see the tweet from the Common. Likely to be referring to full line up + set times by the end of the week! 

It could however be just The Common announcing their own set times but I think this is the unlikely option.

1 minute ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

The full line up has dropped along with the times at the same time for the last few years so no reason to think it will be any different this time around. I reckon Friday will be the motherload announcement.

Oh right, I've misremembered how it all works.

Hope it comes before Friday as I will be at the Shindig Weekender!

43 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Turns out they're already announced as playing in Shangri-La so looks like I was barking up the wrong tree!

No idea what they could be referring to though...?

Could be playing multiple sets? 

3 minutes ago, chatty said:

Could be playing multiple sets? 

True.

But does the beat hotel have garage music? I'd be tempted to say they're more likely to play Arcadia?

I'm sure someone will confirm / correct me either way.

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Speculation based on rumour but the lineup could be delayed until they nail down a couple of replacements on the West Holts Stage, couldn't it?

Would they not just put it out with a TBA? 

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

1 minute ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Yeah, that would be my guess. Not a lot to be gained by not going with the original plan (if there ever was a plan) for the release of set times. If anything, a replacement act might get more a 'push' having a separate announcement.

10 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

If it was one, maybe - particularly if just United Vibrations dropped out - but with a headliner too it'd possibly look a little slapdash. You may be right, it's just something that was going thru my head.