Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

3 minutes ago, Familiar2billions said:

Im rather happy with the amount of line up announcement we have been fed so far. Would love to see the map now.

I'm to remember but do they usually make a thing of a new map being released or is it a case of one day it just appears?

I know it's on TheThingybut is that due to the likes of us spotting it's been updated on the site or because it's announced?

58 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I'm to remember but do they usually make a thing of a new map being released or is it a case of one day it just appears?

I know it's on TheThingybut is that due to the likes of us spotting it's been updated on the site or because it's announced?

My vague recollection is it just appears and then we all go nuts - no announcement, no twitter or facebook

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

No announcement or rumour of it getting posted. It travels through the night under cover of darkness and suddenly just appears as if it were there all along... Cue everyone flipping out with excitment!

16 minutes ago, big__phil said:

@donkeykong @eFestivals - does it normally change before they announce something? Obviously the news on their website and the updated lineup page would be a change, but are there normally things which set off the checker in the hours/minutes before?

not really for further announcements tho it does happen on occasion - but it's not unusual for festie websites to start triggering page monitors in the few days before the first announcement, with both visible and invisible changes to the page as they get ready to announce.

I monitor about 2000 pages, so I see these sorts of 'this is how we do it' patterns quite a lot.

13 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

According to the Thingy #AHTT we are definitely in new map territory. With the promise of at least one new area, I am VERY excited by this.

This is almost more exciting than the individual stages for me. But then, I even like looking at the old maps...so I've clearly got a bit of a problem. It legitimately means that I can start coordinating everyone on potential camp locations (even though we inevitably end up in the same place

Guys, I've got a really good feeling about today. Since Block 9 was announced last week (Tues) we've had an area announced on Friday, then the following Tuesday. They're giving us the old Tues-Fri-Tues-Fri shuffle. Before that the last we had a Tuesday announcement that wasn't followed a Wednesday announcement was last year, when Unfairground was announced. All the signs are there. It'll be today, you just have to believe...

8 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Guys, I've got a really good feeling about today. Since Block 9 was announced last week (Tues) we've had an area announced on Friday, then the following Tuesday. They're giving us the old Tues-Fri-Tues-Fri shuffle. Before that the last we had a Tuesday announcement that wasn't followed a Wednesday announcement was last year, when Unfairground was announced. All the signs are there. It'll be today, you just have to believe...

Yes! I have a feeling too. I'm going to say 1pm.

9 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Pattern sympathizing are you?

It's the equivalent to witchcraft around these parts...!

1 hour ago, big__phil said:

When anyone starts a post with the word 'Guys', you know they are confident.  And I like the confidence.