Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

6 hours ago, thewayiam said:

And if she is a sub then about 3rd on Pyramid, I think she could go 4th but probably won't. FF, The National, Lorde, ?, Craig David? I can't see Craig any further than 5th down...even possibly 4th, it would still be two down from at V but it'll stick with 5th.

Think someone else has mentioned it but yeah Katy Perry!

Radiohead, The XX, Royal Blood, Emli Sande

Foo Fighters, The National, Katy Perry, Craig David

Ed Sheeran, Biffy Clyro, Chic, Barry Gibb

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

Stormzy instead of Sande and then have her Saturday shifting Craig David down and that's what I've got.

3 minutes ago, sisco said:

How the hell didn't I remember Katy Perry 3rd down, still looks too high for Craig David mind. Looking at that though Lorde is best suited as Sunday Other sub but the other idea is 4th down Friday with Emeli Sande shoved into Other 3rd down?, no one even gives a fuck she's back.

5 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Stormzy instead of Sande and then have her Saturday shifting Craig David down and that's what I've got.

But the question on everyone's lips... where is Lorde in all this? 

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

How the hell didn't I remember Katy Perry 3rd down, still looks too high for Craig David mind. Looking at that though Lorde is best suited as Sunday Other sub but the other idea is 4th down Friday with Emeli Sande shoved into Other 3rd down?, no one even gives a fuck she's back.

thank the lorde someone is thinking about her...

8 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I thought Kaiser Chiefs were going to be 4th down on the Foos day?

Kaisers playing an early Other slot isn't really a statement of them losing popularity (not that I think they're any good either). Don't they usually put bands on that'd be quite a big pull in the early afternoon? Remember Frank Turner being on at 2:30 the other year

3 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

So are we hoping for another announcement today?

Who do we think it will be? WH? :)

WH has been thrown about but I'm not really sure why - has there been any info suggesting it or just pure speculation/hope? Expecting a smaller stage to announce myself, but a separate WH announcement is the dream.

32 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

just cannot see WH today. Soon(ish) as said on Saturday night to me means a few weeks. Very soon might have meant this week.

it was a "soon-ish" to indicate "I'm not giving anything away" rather than a specific pointer to when its coming.

If I had to take a guess from what he said and how he said it I'd go for sometime next week, but I reckon I'd be mugging myself by thinking there was any sort of hint in what he said. I think it was said like that to be vague and noncommittal.

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

WH has been thrown about but I'm not really sure why - has there been any info suggesting it or just pure speculation/hope? Expecting a smaller stage to announce myself, but a separate WH announcement is the dream.

Someone from West Holts area told Neil at the ETC final on Saturday that an announcement would be soon but wouldn't be more specific.

The area co-ordinator said "next month" when asked when the west holts lineup would come out on 30th March (depending on how you take that term depends if you think he was referring to April or not...)

I think that's the only stuff we're basing this on at the moment although someone else may say there's more?

Edit: Beaten to it by Neil himself!

Edited by JoeyT

34 minutes ago, Mattty said:

Kaisers playing an early Other slot isn't really a statement of them losing popularity (not that I think they're any good either). Don't they usually put bands on that'd be quite a big pull in the early afternoon? Remember Frank Turner being on at 2:30 the other year

Frank was on earlier as he was already playing at Meonfest in the evening - I thought he said at his Mums Fest!

6 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Other sub

I'm in the 'Lorde has to be on the Pyramid' camp. I think she'd get a big crowd at any time, but you definitely can't put Lorde up against the National or it'd be dangerous. It's whether she would accept a fairly low pyramid slot in comparison to some of her other festival appearances. 

2 minutes ago, mjsell said:

I'm in the 'Lorde has to be on the Pyramid' camp. I think she'd get a big crowd at any time, but you definitely can't put Lorde up against the National or it'd be dangerous. It's whether she would accept a fairly low pyramid slot in comparison to some of her other festival appearances. 

She's playing Hurricane/Southside which makes her more likely for Friday/Sunday. Up against The xx or Biffy would be fine, and on those days there doesn't seem to be space for her on the Pyramid (Radiohead/xx/Royal Blood/Stormzy and Sheeran/Biffy/Chic/Gibb imo). Ellie Goulding subbed Other in 2014 and Dental posted some figures not long back to show that Goulding was selling more back then than Lorde is now. Lorde in the Other field won't be dangerous at all; she isn't that big.

3 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Really can't see space for her on the Pyramid myself as she'd no doubt be at least fourth down and there seems to be a plethora of other acts who are more likely to take those slots. Other sub is a decent slot and I'm hoping if that's where she ends up it'll be on the Sunday vs. Biffy.

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Really can't see space for her on the Pyramid myself as she'd no doubt be at least fourth down and there seems to be a plethora of other acts who are more likely to take those slots. Other sub is a decent slot and I'm hoping if that's where she ends up it'll be on the Sunday vs. Biffy.

Makes most sense. I bet The xx and Lorde would have fair bit of crossover in fans.