Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

13 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Did I sleep through Kano being officially confirmed - noticed it is now down as that on the rumours page.

13 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

He was already announced but Neil has heard that he's a Park headliner on the Sunday so moved him there.

yeah, I wasn't aware he was already confirmed when I heard on Saturday night he's the Sunday Park headliner - so when I spotted it yesterday I sorted out him being listed twice.

I guarantee - not something I normally do - that the info of him headlining the park is right, cos of what exactly I was told (that I can't pass on here, soz). I'll be utterly amazed if it's wrong.

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

not as far as I know. I attempted to get a date but he wasn't playing.

so I just checked the west holts facebook page and Derek Dodd replied to someone's comment of "so the lineup came out today when will we find out who we have on our lovely stage?" on 30th March with "Next month! For now you've got to play guess with the above..."

So with that in mind and only 4 days left of April left two of which are weekend days I'd say a west holts announcement tomorrow or Friday is a goer...

Edit: Derek Dodd for those who aren't sure is West Holts area co-ordinator.

Edited by JoeyT

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I guarantee - not something I normally do - that the info of him headlining the park is right, cos of what exactly I was told (that I can't pass on here, soz). I'll be utterly amazed if it's wrong.

are you implying that there's something more....:ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Surely that's got to be by far and a way the weakest Park headliner ever, if BBK are on the other stage, I can't see how there will be anymore than about 20 people at Kano 

Kano will finish before BBK. It works perfectly in my opinion.

Remember, the Park finishes early on Sundays.

22 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yeah, I wasn't aware he was already confirmed when I heard on Saturday night he's the Sunday Park headliner - so when I spotted it yesterday I sorted out him being listed twice.

Is it that Kano is headlining but playing an earlier time and then he's gonna stick around and play with gorillaz who are doing a secret set that's actually the headliners?!?!?!?

2 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

Last year it finished at 10pm.  I suspect BBK will do 10:00-11:15 so that would still be quite a crossover.  Unless the Park finishes even earlier this year?

2 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

I mean they still crossed over 15 mins I'm 2016 and 2014, that'd be a good half hour of BBK gone. Sunday of 2015 being the exception 

1 minute ago, merago said:

I don't mind Kano, but he is quite an underwhelming Park headliner really isn't he?

Yeah struggling to see what he's done to justify such a slot. I know his last album did alright, but it was only that - alright. Seems at odds with who's previously topped that stage, both in style and size, and really can't imagine it being all that busy with BBK on immediately after (I'm sure by the Sunday most would rather just get a decent spot for BBK rather than high-tailing it from the Park to Other).

28 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

so I just checked the west holts facebook page and Derek Dodd replied to someone's comment of "so the lineup came out today when will we find out who we have on our lovely stage?" on 30th March with "Next month! For now you've got to play guess with the above..."

So with that in mind and only 4 days left of April left two of which are weekend days I'd say a west holts announcement tomorrow or Friday is a goer...

Edit: Derek Dodd for those who aren't sure is West Holts area co-ordinator.

if he's saying 'next month' then it's not happening before Monday.

4 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

They won't clash them. I'm not sure what your opinion on the intelligence of the bookers is but they're not that dumb.

No I get what you mean. I just found it slightly hard to believe Kano is headlining The Park, as much as he obviously is. I think what is probably more likely is BBK not starting to later than normal. 

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah struggling to see what he's done to justify such a slot. I know his last album did alright, but it was only that - alright. Seems at odds with who's previously topped that stage, both in style and size, and really can't imagine it being all that busy with BBK on immediately after (I'm sure by the Sunday most would rather just get a decent spot for BBK rather than high-tailing it from the Park to Other).

Kano realeased the best Grime album of 2016.

I am by no means a huge grime fan (although I do appreciate it far more than others) - but a few mates are fully into it, and would easily put Kano at the top of their favourite grime artist list. BBK obviously has the advantage of having multiple artists from that list all on the stage together but on an individual basis Kano certainly competes.

The casual grime fan obviously will see Stormzy or Skepta as bigger draws though, I get that. Wiley is far more important to the grime scene than both though.

3 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

In my mind if he's said next month in march surely that means April rather than May? 

ah, sorry - i thought you were saying that post was recent.

In which case i wouldn't take too much from what he says. Firstly Derek's not involved in the artist booking (as far as i'm aware, anyway) so wouldn't have need to know an exact announcement date (tho that doesn't mean he doesn't hear it anyway, of course), and secondly the individual stage announcements might only get scheduled later on (I don't know how they schedule stuff).

I'd take it as a generic thing, of announcements standardly being made in April, than anything with certainty.

Just now, Plumb111 said:

Is it 100% confirmed that BBK are on the sunday night though? I thought that was just based on Alt J only being available on the Saturday? What rules them out for the Friday?

Really hoping somehow they are not on the Sunday night as I want to see them!

it's not 100% confirmed, but I've had what I believe to be solid info on the headliners for that stage and the days they're playing.