Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

There are acts like Beyonce who emerged in that period that are a big deal, but I can't see them plotting out their calendar quite so far in advance.  I mentioned in the other thread that it would require them to arrange any future tours so as to accomodate a single gig arranged years beforehand.

Arctic Monkeys would be a band from that period who could conceivably plan their trajectory around it 

Kasabian would be another one, but hopefully it won't come to that.

True but I'm fully expecting Arctic Monkeys in 2019. They'll probably have a new album out by next Summer, so doing Glasto 2 Summers later would be odd.

If they've got 2 headliners lined up 3 years in advance I would guess they're headliners for whom having new material doesn't matter (Macca, U2, Blur, Fleetwood Mac, Stone Roses).

If I were to guess one it'd be Blur. Can see Macca coming back for another bash one day, too.

Being quite the Blur fan, and knowing a few folk in their camp, I know that they are absolutely not the kind of band to have a headline set booked in 3 years in advance. 

All of them - and particularly Damon - are very last minute, and jump from one thing to the next constantly. I could see them playing for sure, but I reckon there's roughly zero chance they've booked it in already.

3 minutes ago, somecoolusername said:

Being quite the Blur fan, and knowing a few folk in their camp, I know that they are absolutely not the kind of band to have a headline set booked in 3 years in advance. 

All of them - and particularly Damon - are very last minute, and jump from one thing to the next constantly. I could see them playing for sure, but I reckon there's roughly zero chance they've booked it in already.

That's a good point. He'll only restart Blur if he feels they have a reason to exist again.

5 minutes ago, somecoolusername said:

All of them - and particularly Damon - are very last minute, and jump from one thing to the next constantly. 

Good for Damon, Graham and fans of the band, less good if you want cheese or legal advice.

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Are the Mac even a going concern at the moment with this duets album thing?

Only just finished a tour haven't they? Every chance if they haven't all fallen out/ swapped bedfellows again that they could do 2020

10 hours ago, eFestivals said:

1. badgers badgers badgers

2. who cares?

that's not 'who cares about the badgers', that's about who cares to see not-Queen. They seem a very very long way short of a big festival ticket-shifter.

I don't get it either. Queen songs sung by an X Factor contestant. Absolutely bemuses me it's so popular. Badger boy surely can't believe his luck! 

6 hours ago, Smeble said:

Only just finished a tour haven't they? Every chance if they haven't all fallen out/ swapped bedfellows again that they could do 2020

They've just announced two 'festival' appearances in the US for this summer. They're also largely rumoured to be starting a mammoth 2 year world wide tour at the end of this year. Announced after these two festivals dates I imagine.

39 minutes ago, Lauraoxxo said:

It says in the exclusive report this morning there would be more announcements this week.... Are we expecting something tonight?

My reading of it is that we've got Silver Hayes coming on Tuesday and West Holts soon after that, so maybe that too this week if we're good, sit still, and stop asking. ^_^

28 minutes ago, mikegday said:

They've just announced two 'festival' appearances in the US for this summer. They're also largely rumoured to be starting a mammoth 2 year world wide tour at the end of this year. Announced after these two festivals dates I imagine.

If this is FM I reckon this will be the one for Glastonbury to get them if it's going to happen, by 2020 it won't still be going and based on those two that are in place at least for that year....they won't have asked to play certainly.

I thought it might be more low key but I'm thinking Arctics....I'm almost sure of that, FM and Gaga although I don't see Gaga as a massive act anymore.....there isn't any hype around her at all now. 

1 hour ago, tevaburger said:

i'm pretty sure that immediately after his biking accident in month prior to their '95 headline booking, John Squire said that while they couldn't do the 25th anniversary one, they were signed & sealed for the 50th

In all seriousness though, I am expecting them finally there in one of those years. I think it'll be them that decide whether they do alongside Manchester gigs or wait a year for the 50th Anniversary to do it, I think Eavis will take either. I think they'll have strong a stronger sub like this year anyway.

Blur, Arctics, FM, Gaga of she can keep enough status, The Roses 5 of the next 6 and I'm unsure about U2 again.....would they really want to risk it going tits up again?, even though I enjoyed it I get people who know then more had a lesser view.

Coldplay I think will be there but like said maybe is a non-headline place, don't eee Chris having a problem at all playing in a different way and helping the festival....it won't stop them headlining in the future again provided they are still about.