Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

3 minutes ago, jyoung said:

My Mum got me the box set for Christmas about five years ago and we still haven't made it through the entire eight seasons.

mmm. Seasons six and seven are a bit of a slog, the whole John Barrowman storyline went straight over my head.. but season eight is right up there with seasons one and five, enthralling stuff

6 minutes ago, JAlexander191 said:

Never too young for 24! I'm 26 now and grew up watching it when it was on TV. If you enjoy Designated Survivor you should really like it! That music video is a bit David Brent mind.

Kay kay. Will hunt it down :)

10 minutes ago, wozwebs said:

Busted, Sophie-Ellis Bextor and Scouting for Girls - Poptastic!!

Hobo Jones always do two sets but gutted no Gaz Brookfield :(

Gaz is usually in the café, rather than the main tent, but he wasn't asked last year, so who knows. Hope he's back, although I will be seeing him at beautiful days, anyway.

2 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Gaz is usually in the café, rather than the main tent, but he wasn't asked last year, so who knows. Hope he's back, although I will be seeing him at beautiful days, anyway.

Assume this isn't the full, completed lineup?  Feels like there could be a few extra names to fill out the field.  Doesn't make much sense to not mention him at this point though - does it?  He's had a huge Glastonbury shaped hole in his diary, and seemed gutted to not play last year, fingers crossed still.

29 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Heh. It went on for long enough that I could reasonably have been expected to see the last few series, but I was only six when it started. 

true ;) we binge-watched all of Desperate Housewives recently, and that more or less ran concurrently. Sure I'll get around to it one day

Yeah to be fair I was 10 when 24 started so wasnt an original fan. But its so easy to rewatch things.

4 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Assume this isn't the full, completed lineup?  Feels like there could be a few extra names to fill out the field.  Doesn't make much sense to not mention him at this point though - does it?  He's had a huge Glastonbury shaped hole in his diary, and seemed gutted to not play last year, fingers crossed still.

No, that's just the main stage. 

7 minutes ago, p.pete said:

24 names on the poster, 26 played last time.

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

24 names on the poster, 26 played last time.

2 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

No, that's just the main stage. 

Cool - so he's likely for the cafe then, has he ever played the main stage?  I was assuming 'field of Avalon' lineup meant they were including the cafe too!

1 minute ago, p.pete said:

Cool - so he's likely for the cafe then, has he ever played the main stage?  I was assuming 'field of Avalon' lineup meant they were including the cafe too!

Called out separately last year.

poster_for_web1a.png

At this point last year I'd never heard of The Ben Miller Band, they turned out to be one of the highlights of my festival. Looking forward to finding some new gems.

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

At this point last year I'd never heard of The Ben Miller Band, they turned out to be one of the highlights of my festival. Looking forward to finding some new gems.

Yeah I find Avalon particularly good for that. The bookers clearly have excellent taste!

3 hours ago, mjsell said:

Thats mental.

Can you be too young for any past TV show these days?

2 hours ago, shuttlep said:

i never  realised people are now too young to have seen him in 24.............just ruined my day

Yeh, way to ruin my Friday!!! I didn't even think I was that old :unsure:

31 minutes ago, Fearless_Fish said:

I'd also never heard of DakhaBrakha (West Holts) and they were my #1!

Me too!!! So unexpectedly good. I went because my mate's friend had caught track of theirs on some Glastonbury preview podcast or something, but I loved how by the end of their set loads of people had gathered just from hearing how awesome they were :) 

2 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Full band at Beautiful Days :) and hopefully seeing him solo at Lusty Glaze Beach also

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Same here, Called in on way to Acoustic to see The Alarm - stayed for the whole set was ace.

1 hour ago, Deadendfriends8 said:

Royal Blood Friday Pyramid confirmed in this weeks NME.

http://www.nme.com/features/royal-blood-nme-cover-interview-2017-2054971

An evening of royal blood - the xx - radiohead... phawwwr

Just out of interest, how do you know that will be the slot?

That would be seriously amazing for me if that were the case!!