Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

Don't underestimate Busted. Like them or hate them they have a load of fans even if based purely on nostalgia! I know for a fact my Mrs will want to pop in to see them clashes permitting. Year 3000 was a banger in the day though!

18 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Busted will be one of the headliners on Avalon surely. Would be packed otherwise.

Not necessarily, I've put this on the Avalon Announcement thread too, but this sort of act that comes from nowhere and induces a plethora of WTF stylee comments are often on mid afternoon and they end up shutting the gates to the field because it gets so rammed.  

10 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Not necessarily, I've put this on the Avalon Announcement thread too, but this sort of act that comes from nowhere and induces a plethora of WTF stylee comments are often on mid afternoon and they end up shutting the gates to the field because it gets so rammed.  

Will be interesting to see their placing then. I think mid afternoon against a lesser known name on one or two of the other stages leaves that open to being rammed. That being said tho I think Birdy is the only other I know for sure that's headlining Avalon. 

12 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Will be interesting to see their placing then. I think mid afternoon against a lesser known name on one or two of the other stages leaves that open to being rammed. That being said tho I think Birdy is the only other I know for sure that's headlining Avalon. 

One of the good things about Avalon is that there aren't all that many ways in and out (4 or 5, I think?), so they can stop more people piling in relatively easily. That means they can put bigger names on earlier, and be confident they can manage the crowds, unlike some other areas. No idea if that will be the case for Busted, though...

11 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

I'm too young for 24 but I love him in Designated Survivor :lol: his music is just your bland country stuff but it's nice enough  

It's laughable when he turns round and looks at the camera near the start.  And for 24 fans, I was wondering where all the scars on his back had gone!

Edited by stuartbert two hats

21 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

I'm too young for 24 but I love him in Designated Survivor :lol: his music is just your bland country stuff but it's nice enough  

i never  realised people are now too young to have seen him in 24.............just ruined my day

10 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

i never  realised people are now too young to have seen him in 24.............just ruined my day

Heh. It went on for long enough that I could reasonably have been expected to see the last few series, but I was only six when it started. 

19 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Thats mental.

Can you be too young for any past TV show these days?

true ;) we binge-watched all of Desperate Housewives recently, and that more or less ran concurrently. Sure I'll get around to it one day

Edited by Zac Quinn

33 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Never too young for 24! I'm 26 now and grew up watching it when it was on TV. If you enjoy Designated Survivor you should really like it! That music video is a bit David Brent mind.

30 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

One of the good things about Avalon is that there aren't all that many ways in and out (4 or 5, I think?), so they can stop more people piling in relatively easily. That means they can put bigger names on earlier, and be confident they can manage the crowds, unlike some other areas. No idea if that will be the case for Busted, though...

They should be able to keep it under control. Judging from social media and a few on these boards there will be some interest in them though. Will depend entirely on when they play. As predicted my mrs has text me asking to try and see them....