Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

40 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:
“The line-ups are going to be with you for all stages, so we’ll be doing that in the next couple of weeks. There are some big names still to come."

Did anyone else read that as another announcement in two weeks?

In isolation, I would say yes, but given that she mentions about the individual posters in May, I'd say the two weeks reference only means they're just working on it over the next couple of weeks.  Would be bonkers early to release the full stage splits this early.

Maybe it'll be a second poster with a small number of extra acts, but a stage breakdown.

10 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

In isolation, I would say yes, but given that she mentions about the individual posters in May, I'd say the two weeks reference only means they're just working on it over the next couple of weeks.  Would be bonkers early to release the full stage splits this early.

Maybe it'll be a second poster with a small number of extra acts, but a stage breakdown.

It wouldn't just be bonkers early, it would be bonkers paper gay early.

10 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

They did release a stage splits poster in 2013 in late March, before the balance window, and they've done it in Mid-April a couple of times, too. Maybe they're planning to do that again, with selected acts for the smaller areas, and then those areas will separately announce their full lineups?

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

"“When I say there’s double the amount of bands than usual, it’s because we’re not having a festival next year, so we’re trying to get as many bands in as we can."

Bigger acts on the smaller stages? Bon Iver on the Croissant Neuf? One can dream.

"“When I say there’s double the amount of bands than usual, it’s because we’re not having a festival next year, so we’re trying to get as many bands in as we can."

unless they're doubling the amount of stages, or getting rid of shitloads of DJs, I can't see how this is anything other than bollocks?

Halving set times...

Just now, ghostdancer1 said:

3hrs for Foo Fighters, 15mins for each of the 20 acts under them.

This is why they didn't go for the 1975 this year.  By the time they'd referenced the album a couple of times they'd have run over.

6 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

I've just noticed that the poster changed at some point : Halsey and Dynamo swapped positions. I assume this has been noticed ages ago, right? Did someone else get added to it or something?

I spotted that too, it happened on the first day or so. There was another swap-around too (Future Islands, and The Avalanches, i think it was).

I can only think that the acts who got a better spot on the poster complained about how low they were on the poster.

58 minutes ago, wozwebs said:

I took it as twice as many high profile acts rather than quantity of acts

^^^^ exactly this

Personally I agree with the thought process a few more main stage acts in mid April, with smaller stage posters dropping 1 by 1 in May. Full lineup and times last May/early June

that would still be the same amount of acts, not twice as many bands like she said.

I've not said it would mean twice as many, just the upgrade in bigger acts.

Tame Impala said that they were only booked a few weeks before being announced. they weren't held back from the initial poster as they weren't booked then by the sounds of it.

Ah okay I wasn't aware of that.

Extremely wishful thinking but love to see Kol subbing foos if they fancy getting on a plane between mainland European dates Friday /Sunday.  When asked if they playing their response wasn't no but they the festival have their headliners. First festival they ever played and gave them the bump to headliner. They play second fiddle on the continent at fests, their ego can take it and not as if they need the extra cash.

10 minutes ago, august1 said:

Extremely wishful thinking but love to see Kol subbing foos if they fancy getting on a plane between mainland European dates Friday /Sunday.  When asked if they playing their response wasn't no but they the festival have their headliners. First festival they ever played and gave them the bump to headliner. They play second fiddle on the continent at fests, their ego can take it and not as if they need the extra cash.

That's probably asking a bit too much, they would be sub to Radiohead I'd imagine if anything.

16 minutes ago, august1 said:

bit hard when the subs are already the xx, biffy clyro and katy perry

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I spotted that too, it happened on the first day or so. There was another swap-around too (Future Islands, and The Avalanches, i think it was).

I can only think that the acts who got a better spot on the poster complained about how low they were on the poster.

Pfft. Egos!

1 minute ago, morph100 said:

With all this extra band talk is there any scope for a new stage we don't know about yet? Or extended opening hours for stages, either starting earlier or staying open later or both?

Thought about extended opening hours or music on Thursday but would that not require council permissions and if adjustment of permissions were applied for we would know?