Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

2 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

not right now I'm not but it comes and goes. Hurts a fuck lot more when I wear a belt at work during the week and belts are a necessity at G!

I have a truss/belt thing I can wear but that has the negative effect of messing my back up after a few hours as it promotes good posture which sadly I do not possess :P

I had thought about denying the op date and rescheduling but 1) I would have to have an op date :P and 2) if I do that I will most likely not get another one until 2035! I'm pretty desperate for both but if it meant delaying by a few weeks and going to Glasto then I would delay for a few weeks and go to Glasto. Codeine is fucking brilliant at that sort of thing.

Codeine, alcohol and the general high of being at Glastonbury. You'll wonder why you ever needed an op! :D

On 28/03/2017 at 11:04 AM, mjsell said:

As clearly written in the email, you need to pay a deposit into the account stated. Once that is recieved that will allow us to free up the £10mil that is just waiting for you.

Just for reference in case you've misplaced the email, that account was:

Name: MJSELLGLASTOFUND

Account Number: 30032017 (8:00am)

Sort Code: 27-06-17

I know we could all probably find a post from ourselves getting it right for this morning but I was bored at work (have actually done most of my work today) so went back and found this.

Im proud of myself.

Edited by mjsell

Been at work all day so not had chance to join in with the discussions on here.

First thoughts upon opening the poster this morning were that the bastards changed the format, ruining my one-by-one read through.

So instead I went for revealing one line at a time. After the headliners I thought to myself "Here we go, time for Elbow and Kaiser Chiefs". Nope, up pop 3 random fucking acts that definitely aren't playing Glastonbury this year. Where the hell did The National, Biffy and Katy Perry come from? Madness. I actually made a post not long back saying we can hope Glasto have finally offered The National an acceptable slot, and knowing that Glasto isn't on next year when they'll be touring the new album they decide to do it as a one off. But I was kinda joking.

Said yesterday that I just want one good surprise out of Bon Iver, Kendrick, Frank Ocean and NIN. The National would definitely have been in this group if I thought it was remotely possible. Assuming they're subbing Radiohead or headlining Other on Sunday, which means I've either got 2 of my top 5 bands as a top 2 on the Friday, or I've got 2 of my top 5 bands as headliners over the weekend.

Anyway, on the whole it's fucking quality.

Top of the lineup surely will be shaping up like this (haven't had chance to think about lower down yet):

Radiohead / The National or The xx

Major Lazer

Foo Fighters / Biffy Clyro

alt-J

Ed Sheeran / Katy Perry

The xx or The National

I said a few times I wouldn't be surprised at all if Major Lazer's exclusivity at R&L turned out to be bullshit as they were such obvious Other headliners opposite Radiohead.

In terms of stage headliners I'd guess they're all on there for the main stages other than Bonobo.

Fuck it's so good.

That Biffy set will be rotten, though, won't it? 60-75 mins of tracks from their last three albums.

Oh also Anderson .Paak who I'd stopped expecting!

4 hours ago, carrie2 said:

I can't actually comprehend how much I want to see. Bands I was expecting that I'd usually be excited to see will probably have to be pushed aside. Best first poster for me in years! 

100% the best first poster since I've been going. Granted that's only 2011 but I'm absolutely buzzing. It's superb.

I'm so happy Alt-J can't clash with RH, I'm just praying there's no clashes between The XX, Lips, Grammar, Chic, Jacksons and a couple others.

Gutied I missed the build up this morning but great to wake up to. Managed to hold out until 12 to look at it, wanted a few celebratory beverages and you prepare myself, and reveal each line individually. 

3 hours ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Can be the best way, Ive gotten a ticket twice in the coach sale including this year and who knows if id have gotten lucky in the general sale either year? theres always gonna be less people going for the coach packages so an extra chance for those willing to do it......I dont drive anyway so kind of used to packing for `the road` using public transportation, I normally have my big pack with everything in, 1 smaller pack usually filled with booze before the fest and useful for using as a daybag during the fest and my tent. thats it.

The thing that puts me off the coach is the limited amount of alcohol that can be carried and hence the more money I will spend at the bar. I would guess it would cost a few hundred quid more verses driving with a boat load of cider and food etc.

Just now, Dave_c said:

The thing that puts me off the coach is the limited amount of alcohol that can be carried and hence the more money I will spend at the bar. I would guess it would cost a few hundred quid more verses driving with a boat load of cider and food etc.

If you know someone who's driving down you could ask them to take some? That's what we're doing this year.

We've gone by coach loads of times and have never run out of drink. The drivers only care if they can't get all the stuff into the hold, but even that's never happened to us.

PS: Started my listening-to-stuff-I-haven't-heard-before and Solange is pretty good!

2 minutes ago, Room to sway said:

If you know someone who's driving down you could ask them to take some? That's what we're doing this year.

We've gone by coach loads of times and have never run out of drink. The drivers only care if they can't get all the stuff into the hold, but even that's never happened to us.

PS: Started my listening-to-stuff-I-haven't-heard-before and Solange is pretty good!

It's more the logistics of carrying it all. I can imagine rocking up with a trolley would be frowned upon and result in it being abandoned at the bus station.

There are loads of acts on the line up I have never heard of so I'm going to go and have a listed to a few. Will start with Solange based on your recommendation.

7 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

What??? You don't need to bring in 5 days worth of booze on day one. Last year I brought enough to keep me going till Friday and then made the short trip to Glastonbury town to get more. Easy.

2 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

What??? You don't need to bring in 5 days worth of booze on day one. Last year I brought enough to keep me going till Friday and then made the short trip to Glastonbury town to get more. Easy.

Oooo now that's interesting. Is it walking distance or taxi?

4 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

It's more the logistics of carrying it all. I can imagine rocking up with a trolley would be frowned upon and result in it being abandoned at the bus station.

There are loads of acts on the line up I have never heard of so I'm going to go and have a listed to a few. Will start with Solange based on your recommendation.

Yeah it's a fair amount of stuff. Just be sensible when you're weighing up beers v shorts. Also remember you can get mixers there.

Or yeah what @Madyaker said! I don't like leaving the site tho :)

5 hours ago, JoBalls said:

Same, because now we know who we might be able to see, dependant on clashes...

Exactly! And i reckon there is going to be alot of clashes when the full line-up is announced....

Brothers and Sisters of eFests, I'm a happy chap.

The poster dropped. Radiohead top of the bill in all their glory. The National a most welcome surprise, confirmation of many of the TBCs and SRs I'd been counting on. Couple of nice, more minor surprises. It was great.

Now I'm sitting doing my first post-poster-drop playlist of 2017, in the knowledge it's now just around 10 weeks until we're back on the farm.

Today was a good day.

Beers all round.

23 minutes ago, Fingerbobs said:

So what is it that gets you on the first drop? Is it the acts they booked first? The office favourites? The ones with the best bungs? I'd love to know and I know you would too. 

The ones that can at this stage be announced from a contractural point of view I'd imagine.

The Bands and artists that are happy to be announced at this stage, and aren't relying on shifting tickets for other events etc.

8 minutes ago, willsnewman said:

So just saw that Emily says on her instagram post that "many more will be with you soon..."

Wondering what her definition of soon might be in this case.

Neil said something on here or in another topic that he thinks there might be something by the end of next week to remind people to pay up but that's all speculation.

Overall thoughts is that it's certainly a solid line-up. Best in the UK by some distance and in the top tiers of Europe (but not the EU bocos we fucked that one). I was seriously holding out hope for Chance The Rapper, so I'm really sad not to see him. Other than Chano, the only other two must-sees who are on the circuit this year are Frank Ocean and ATCQ, obviously Frank was barely ever on the cards, but it's a shitter ATCQ aren't there, but they're both playing Parklife which is on my doorstep so it's not the end of the world. I really believed in the Bjork and Lady Gaga dreams, so disappointed on those front. Justin Vernon is a cockteasing fuck and I hate him for making it a full house of names I was looking forward to but aren't there.

There's a lot of good stuff though, I'm not going to be bored at all. The Can Project is VERY positive news, and Anderson .Paak is going to be top of my list as well. We already knew about The Jackson 5 and The Avalanches, so it wasn't a Christmas morning feel when I looked at the poster, but it doesn't take away from the fact that they're great bookings. Other than those 4 though. I've seen all the others live before out of the 40+ I'm interested in, and none of them have brought new and exciting material to the table since last time, with the exceptions of RTJ, Justice and Solange. Really that makes me my own worst enemy.

Tried to get into Phoenix to see if I've changed my view of them since I was unimpressed by their Leeds set in 2010, but they're sadly still not doing anything for me. Reckon I'll try Moderat as my band to fall in love with between now and June. Never knowingly heard a note of Lemon Twigs, Girl Ray or Glass Animals so I'll give them a go as well.

Anybody else reckon the poster format is uggo this year?

I'll be pissed and happy in June and I will definitely miss all this nonsense next year.