Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

13 minutes ago, superhands91 said:

Full lineup tues may 30 I reckon.....

;)

I think a lot sooner than that. Emily tweeted hinting this morning: Here are the first few names of this years wonderful line up! Even more will be with you soon...

I have to say, I'm surprised that the overwhelming majority of comments I'm seeing are positive. I think it's a very sub-standard line up. It's hard to put into words but it doesn't seem like a traditional line up. and it's missing a lot of authentic British rock, and also a lot of great sing alongs. I know there's more to be added, but that poster contains more names than most 1st line-up posters. Really have my fingers crossed that I'll be proved wrong soon enough!

1 hour ago, mungo57 said:

trust me, I'd still end up carrying everything no matter how light we camped :P

I literally bring 1 set of cargos maybe 2, 6 t shirts, jumper/hoody, waterproofs, boots, 10x each socks and boxers, thats it clotheswise. Couldn't go much lighter for Glasto. If we trained/coached we'd bring no food at all I should think and literally just spirits to save weight. Would mean doubling my normal spend on things on the inside but I give not 2 fucks. I just want a ticket.

Ditto I'm going for coach even though I really don't want to go on coach but it's better than not going at all!

2 hours ago, utwothefly said:

This year sees him embark on another UK tour in support of his 13th solo album A Kind Of Revolution - with Paul Weller tickets for this tour available here at Gigantic

The original ‘Mod-father’ is back, and kicking off the UK leg of his tour at Glastonbury in June.

He starts touring this week ... zero chance of him playing this year Id say.

27 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Anything from the common? What was that all about. 

From the fact they deleted that tweet maybe they got their wires crossed and `thought` they were announcing as well today but then someone told them they were meant to be in a later announcement, just a guess but I see no reason why theyd tweet saying `announcement tomorrow` and then nothing then delete that tweet, unless they were mistaken

50 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

Ditto I'm going for coach even though I really don't want to go on coach but it's better than not going at all!

Can be the best way, Ive gotten a ticket twice in the coach sale including this year and who knows if id have gotten lucky in the general sale either year? theres always gonna be less people going for the coach packages so an extra chance for those willing to do it......I dont drive anyway so kind of used to packing for `the road` using public transportation, I normally have my big pack with everything in, 1 smaller pack usually filled with booze before the fest and useful for using as a daybag during the fest and my tent. thats it.

I just love this time of year, its like when you can see the light at the end of the tunnel...winters ending, suns coming out, days are getting longer, and GLASTOS ONLY 3 MONTHS AWAY NOW RATHER THEN A WHOLE EFFING YEAR!!!!!  

been on a high today ever since this morning.....good people, its almost upon us! :)

1 hour ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I know all people are different but my mate actually went for a hernia op last Tuesday and he's fit as a fiddle now. Just to give you an idea of recovery time.

cheers mate - I'm not worried about the op/recovery as it is I'm more worried about the date the op itself will be. Its been 7 weeks tomorrow since I've seen the consultant - I was told I should be operated on within 18 weeks as that is apparently a right nowadays and that takes me right up to the 16th June (week before G). I'd want at least 2 weeks before G to prepare myself for peace of mind I should think so that latest I'd want to be operated on is around the 9th. But that would fuck me for King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard and GnR in June too so in reality I'd want to be fixed ASAP :P - can't even complain/chase until 18 weeks is up.

FUCK YOU NHS

disclaimer: I love the NHS

1 hour ago, Dave_c said:

yeah, I might try for coach or badger the missus into trying for coach too. Doubles chances of getting a ticket and gets us in. So goal acheived.

1 minute ago, mungo57 said:

cheers mate - I'm not worried about the op/recovery as it is I'm more worried about the date the op itself will be. Its been 7 weeks tomorrow since I've seen the consultant - I was told I should be operated on within 18 weeks as that is apparently a right nowadays and that takes me right up to the 16th June (week before G). I'd want at least 2 weeks before G to prepare myself for peace of mind I should think so that latest I'd want to be operated on is around the 9th. But that would fuck me for King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard and GnR in June too so in reality I'd want to be fixed ASAP :P - can't even complain/chase until 18 weeks is up.

FUCK YOU NHS

disclaimer: I love the NHS

Are you in pain with it? Could be an option to decline the date they give you if it's too close to the festival. Obviously you'd be waiting even longer, depends how desperate you are for the op and how desperate you are for Glastonbury!

3 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Are you in pain with it? Could be an option to decline the date they give you if it's too close to the festival. Obviously you'd be waiting even longer, depends how desperate you are for the op and how desperate you are for Glastonbury!

not right now I'm not but it comes and goes. Hurts a fuck lot more when I wear a belt at work during the week and belts are a necessity at G!

I have a truss/belt thing I can wear but that has the negative effect of messing my back up after a few hours as it promotes good posture which sadly I do not possess :P

I had thought about denying the op date and rescheduling but 1) I would have to have an op date :P and 2) if I do that I will most likely not get another one until 2035! I'm pretty desperate for both but if it meant delaying by a few weeks and going to Glasto then I would delay for a few weeks and go to Glasto. Codeine is fucking brilliant at that sort of thing.