Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

26 minutes ago, jparx said:

Doesn't Neil have a system where he can tell if there won't be an announcement? Any hints @eFestivals?

the way we did have of predicting is no longer in play. :(

I have a way of (maybe) getting confirmation of what looks like a pretty solid date for announcement, but i need a pretty solid date for the announcement before I can use that.

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

the way we did have of predicting is no longer in play. :(

I have a way of (maybe) getting confirmation of what looks like a pretty solid date for announcement, but i need a pretty solid date for the announcement before I can use that.

Damn, that's a shame!

1 hour ago, Untz said:

On the one hand 6pm on a Friday feels like a shitty time to release it.

On the other, he did say the magic phrase: "Stand by your beds".

I should buy some wine on the way home. Covers all bases.

I'll be doing this too, but because it is Friday and therefore nothing to do with the Glastonbury announcement.

Didn't we get it the Thursday before Good Friday one time? Obviously that'd feel late this year, but I'm sure that was a thing. 2013? I should consult The Thingy really, but then I'd have to cross-reference with Easter dates.

7 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I hope they do a 2013 and hit us with the big poster first. Obviously not expecting it but would be nice to not get excited over acts without knowing if they'll clash.

I'm quietly dreading seeing something like Kendrick on the poster because I'll be agonising about the potential Radiohead clash for months.

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'm quietly dreading seeing something like Kendrick on the poster because I'll be agonising about the potential Radiohead clash for months.

Christ that would be bad. Hopefully the poster placenta give us a few clues such as Beck subbing and BMTH not being an Other headliner last year.

Give us a nice middle column of:

RADIOHEAD

FOO FIGHTERS

ED SHEERAN

THE XX

LADY GAGA

KENDRICK LAMAR

THE WEEKND

ALT-J

JUSTICE

Cheers.

19 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Christ that would be bad. Hopefully the poster placenta give us a few clues such as Beck subbing and BMTH not being an Other headliner last year.

Give us a nice middle column of:

RADIOHEAD

FOO FIGHTERS

ED SHEERAN

THE XX

LADY GAGA

KENDRICK LAMAR

THE WEEKND

ALT-J

JUSTICE

Cheers.

Placenta???